Most impressive thing you have seen in a nfl game

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That would be a tough call, I have been watching football for a long damn time. Are you talking about an act of athletisism, or just most impressive statistical performance? Many things Bo Jackson did comes to mind, just the way he ran people over with such brute force.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be a tough call, I have been watching football for a long damn time. Are you talking about an act of athletisism, or just most impressive statistical performance? Many things Bo Jackson did comes to mind, just the way he ran people over with such brute force.

I think I'll leave the question open ended. But when I asked it I had act of athleticism in mind.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most impressive thing I've ever seen was Brian Urlacher in the "They are who we thought they are" game against Denny Green's Cardinals on MNF. The unbeaten Bears were getting destroyed by Denny's Cardinals. The Cardinals forced six turnovers, did not allow Chicago to score on offense, up by 20-0 at halftime, and controlled the ball for almost 40 minutes. However, Brian Urlacher was possessed when he came out of the locker room at halftime. His stats mainly show 19 tackles, but he had numerous pass breakups and tackles for loss plus the huge forced fumble that was returned for a touchdown.

Hands down it was the most impressive one-man show that I've seen in my entire life. I wish that I had that entire game on video somewhere.

My second-place vote is a homer moment, but it was seeing Edgar Bennett make a full layout dive along the left sideline for a Brett Favre pass back in 1995 or 1996. I still have yet to see a running back make that kind of play on a reception. I'm still impressed.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russell Wilson beating the packers with a game ending interception.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
THE MNF catch. You know with one I mean. If you don't you haven't been a Packer fan all too long.
This one:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
or this one?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I thought of the second one at first.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Steve Young's 6 TD passes in the superbowl
Freeman's MNF TD
When Jack Tatum launched his entire body into Earl Campbell headfirst and Campbell still scored

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White. Taking a Minny RB (Smith?) and with one arm, throwing him 6-8 feet through the air to knock down QB (moon?)

It was Carter. I asked Carter about it a couple years ago and he got very defensive.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not necessarily the most impressive thing I've seen, but maybe the most unbelievable, the Arizona Cardinals, worst team in the league down 17-6 with 2 minutes left, stage an improbable 18-17 comeback win, capped off by an unbelievable 4th and 24 play as Josh McCown somehow found Nathan Poole in the endzone as time expired.

You go from knowing that your season is over...to it somehow not being over. It was an unbelievable feeling. It's a shame that was the season that had to be ended by 4th and 26.

H

HardRightEdge

"The Comeback"...1993...Frank ***** leading Buffalo to a playoff victory over Houston after being down 32 points in the 3rd. quarter.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't realize Driver was on the team way back when.
What do you mean? Antonio Freeman made the catch I was talking about. On a side note, apparently that catch has been labeled the "greatest catch in Monday Night Football history"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Freeman
The quote in question can be found in paragraph 3 of the "Professional Career" section.
The touchdown prompted ABC play-by-play announcer Al Michaels, who was obviously stunned by the play, to famously shout, "He did WHAT???"[2] In 2005 ESPN labeled the catch as the greatest play in the history of Monday Night Football. Freeman has said it was the second best catch of his career (claiming his best to be an 81 yard catch in Super Bowl XXXI).

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver trailed him in to the end zone.
I need to expand my field of view when watching Football games because I didn't even notice when I rewatched it. I do recall Driver being on the team during that time period, the comment just seemed oddly disconnected; no longer though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts