Most flipped off Packer fan in Indianapolis!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your ride? If so they must hate you there. Man...I get grief at work because my computer wallpaper has a picture of Lambeau on it.

Welcome.

OP
OP
M

MuddBuddha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bought this 2000 F-150 as a retired show truck and figured if I was going to own a big truck, I might as well do something worthwhile with it. I finished it about three years ago. Took it up to Green Bay for the first time this last spring where it got a lot of picture taking. A lot of nasty comments while stopping for gas in Chicago....go figure.

It's hard to see from the front picture, but the seats have "Packers" across the headrest.

Since then, the sickness has only gotten worse. All my shirts have the mark of the golden "G" on them (over the heart, of course), my jackets are all Green Bay, my work wall has the Favre Fathead as well as framed pics of Favre with other NFL QB's and Reggie White's last game, an autographed pic from #50, computer screen wallpaper, etc, etc.....about time for a good therapist. But hey! if you're gonna be a fan!

A while back I had bought a GB Packers team ring from the Danbury mint and was wearing it along with one of my GB dress shirts. I stopped in for some Miller at the Liquer store (Indianapolis) and when the girl rang me up she kept eyeing me top to bottom (I'm kinda a big guy). I pulled out my newly purchased GB leather wallet from the pro shop to pay for the beer which only totaled $6.99. I told her that I thought she undercharged me for the 24 pack. She says, "Any player for the Green Bay Packers gets half off in my store!"

I hated to break the news to her since she was so excited to ring me up. She had mistaken the team ring for a Superbowl ring and figured I must be a member of God's favorite team. Since then, when I walk in she boots me to the front of the line.

Pack fans take care of their own.

OP
OP
M

MuddBuddha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you're wondering, I go through a flag about every two months or 200 miles at 70 MPH or more. Truck gets terrible gas mileage....about 9MPG; and the upkeep cost is ridiculus. Huge tires wear down the OEM parts about five times faster than normal. The front end has already been re-built, the u-joints and shaft were done last week, and the tires are about in need of a changeout as the summer asphalt heat wears them down fast. But the cost of the tires will exceed $445 per tire X 5....eh...

Thinking about getting a Prius to stick in the back.

Anyway, thanks for the great welcome!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So.....the checkout girl still thinks your a Packer? Did she ever ask you WHO you were? :wink: What did you tell her?

OP
OP
M

MuddBuddha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't say it didn't cross my mind, but no, I shattered her hopes of meeting a Superbowl Packer. She boots me to the front because the Pack is "her team" as she puts it.

Hell, I'm 38; the best I could do is an ex-DB at best anyway! :wink:

And really, you never see any players sporting much team apparel, much less an entirely decked out vehicle.

With my conquest to be the most annoying Packers fan here in Indy, it's been common, typically from women, to be mistaken for a player when you have on more than the common garb. To be honest, I think my wife enjoys it.....go figure. 8) God, to be 24 again.... :roll:

You would figure that I get a lot of sh#*t from the Cults fans, but to be honest, there are a lot of GB fans here in Indiana and I get more cheers than jeers. I've had a couple of fans scream and curse across intersections and the truck does get vandalized from time to time with kicks and thrown beer bottles. Fortunately nothing too costly as of yet.

I drive right by the RCA dome on my way home from work each day. During SB week, I took a longer route around so as not to offend anyone celebrating as there was a lot of activities going on downtown after the game.

The important thing is that I'm not disrespectful to the local fans. I don't taunt back. I believe that the team is best represented by the fans; and I'm not an Oakland fan. I would never boo my own team regardless of how badly they played or how many picks Favre threw (poke, poke, at you Bears fans), and watch the game to the last second regardless of the score. Not only are the fans visible to the other teams fans, but to the team as well. And it's just as important that they see your support and loaylty.

Here's a neat story....

When we were going up for the spring scrimmage this year we were going through downtown Chicago. As we drove down the street, a black Mercedes pulled up next to us with a large black man, well dressed in a white jacket and shirt. He turned around and waved at me and pointed at my flags ( I had the Packs Supoerbowl flag, team flag, and Miller flag all flying), then he turned his hand around and flashed his enourmous ring at me and shot me a thumbs up. To be honest, I couldn't quit tell who the hell he was, but I was thrilled with the experience and that he was got a kick out of the truck.

It's funny that if you merely have a "G" on your bumper, people barely pay mind to you. You go a bit overboard, and people feel the need to show either their support or disgust. Must be some pyschological thing.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muddbuddha. Welcome to packer forum from the site historian.

How did you become a Packer fan?? Again welcome to the best Packer forum around-packerforum. Look forward to your posts on packer forum

PWT36 Packer fan by birth (in Green Bay) and I lived on the East side of Green Bay for 31 years just 4 blocks from "Old wooden" City Stadium. The Packers home stadium from 1925 to 1956. Now live in DePere just five miles from Lambeau Field.

OP
OP
M

MuddBuddha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did you become a Packer fan?? Again welcome to the best Packer forum around-packerforum. Look forward to your posts on packer forum

Well, I grew up in Cincy watching a Bengals team that just seemed to never get it together. I joined the US Air Force in 1988 out of High School and was sent to Cheyenne, Wyoming where we were privy to all the games played in the northern tier states thanks to the satellite system the AF provided for us while in the field. So, over time I watched the Packers and the Broncos....the Bears and the Vikings, and wasn't stuck on any, but always a faithful watcher of the games.

I watched as John Elway made an incredible run for first down in the game Vs. the Pack that helped seal the game and crown them their first Superbowl win under Elway. Even though I'm hardcore Pack now, I 1000% feel he deserved that win. John was a real competitor and an incredible quarterback. He deserved it after all those years of hard work.

The day that turned me 100% to the Pack was the day Favre played against the Raiders. You ALL know the game. Being ex military, I'm slightly patriotic and hard core loyal by default. And here was a young quarterback who just lost his father and stepped out on that field to win not only for the team, but for his dad as well. It hit me harder than anything I had experienced. That was the start.

From there I researched the history of God's favorite team and grew more and more in love with the team that embodies both what America and Football are all about. Sounds pretty sick, huh?!

Then, one year, my wife and I decided to vacation in Green Bay, Wisconsin. God bless you Wisconsin natives. What an incredible State!! Keep in mind that I have lived in several States and areas in our great country and Wis. is the nicest thus far.

I loved our time in Wis. and hated to leave. The people were polite, clean, friendly, and loved their beer and cheese. The "sacred" Pack is loved statewide; which is more than can be said of other teams. We're planning on relocating to Eden within the next year or two.

I'm a convert, and not a native. I admire and respect those who have supported the Pack LONG before I. From the day God breathed life into Curly's being and told him to go forth and "do good", I wish I could have been there....but now, I rant.

Members online

Latest posts