Moss?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I'm not a cap guru(among other things) I wonder how much money is left in the cap now that Barnett got his big front-loaded deal, plus Williams still needing a contract, and $6mil needed for draft picks? That's too much math for my fingers and toes to handle. But, as a WAG, I'd say it should put an end to talk of Moss...because he gets $9.5mil this year, if I remember correctly. Comments?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I'm not a cap guru(among other things) I wonder how much money is left in the cap now that Barnett got his big front-loaded deal, plus Williams still needing a contract, and $6mil needed for draft picks? That's too much math for my fingers and toes to handle. But, as a WAG, I'd say it should put an end to talk of Moss...because he gets $9.5mil this year, if I remember correctly. Comments?

I got info from here

http://www.flex.com/~deeph2o/CapPage.htm

He has them at 16.6 million b4 the Nick deal and says thats with 3 million to the draft picks

So with the nick deal if it is 10 mil and all goes towards this cap thats only 6 mil left over

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a deal would happen the Packers would restructure Moss' deal. I would assume Moss would get a roster bonus for next season and only have about 5 or 6 mil against the cap this season. Similar to Donte Stallworth signing with New England. With this said a deal would have to happen first and I think it's very unlikely at this point.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on wether the Raiders pick Russell or Johnson.

I actually think the Raiders could get Russell in round 1 and Jarrett maybe in round 2. Jarrett's stock is really slipping at the moment. If that's the case I could see Oakland trading Moss.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't figured out the quote thing yet but...

Cheesey said -

First......theres NO way Sharper could keep up with Moss! (We saw that enough times already!) Second..........even IF Sharper intercepted, he couldn't outrun anyone! Driver would have him tackled within 10 yards of the INT!
And ol' "Long-notso-well?" His career is over. He can only kick indoors now.
Now Vikes........wake up, get your head cleared, and come back to reality my friend!!!

Now I say -

Most likely Favre would throw deep to Moss in the endzone. Even though Moss is quadruple covered, Favre chucks it up hoping for a huge play anyway. The ball is thrown so hard and strong it threads the needle as quickly as you can get a dime bag from Nate Newton. Meanwhile, Moss, thinking there is no way in hell that the ball is gonna get to him, has already given up on the play. The rocket hits Moss right in the #84. (I despise Javon Walker still.) The ball bounces forward right into Sharper's hands who was clearly the only guy beaten on the play. Sharper makes like twenty juke moves 2 yards deep in the endzone and decides to bring it out. He gets to the 3 yard line - gets creamed by Bubba fumbles the ball - and subsequently hurts his knee and goes on IR for 3 weeks.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheesey said -

First......theres NO way Sharper could keep up with Moss! (We saw that enough times already!) Second..........even IF Sharper intercepted, he couldn't outrun anyone! Driver would have him tackled within 10 yards of the INT!
Now Vikes........wake up, get your head cleared, and come back to reality my friend!!!

Now I say -

Most likely Favre would throw deep to Moss in the endzone. Even though Moss is quadruple covered, Favre chucks it up hoping for a huge play anyway. The ball is thrown so hard and strong it threads the needle as quickly as you can get a dime bag from Nate Newton. Meanwhile, Moss, thinking there is no way in hell that the ball is gonna get to him, has already given up on the play. The rocket hits Moss right in the #84. (I despise Javon Walker still.) The ball bounces forward right into Sharper's hands who was clearly the only guy beaten on the play. Sharper makes like twenty juke moves 2 yards deep in the endzone and decides to bring it out. He gets to the 3 yard line - gets creamed by Bubba fumbles the ball - and subsequently hurts his knee and goes on IR for 3 weeks.

...and ***** his pants while doing so.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Cheesey said -

Now I say -

...and ***** his pants while doing so.
You all forgot to END the play!!!
Donald Driver is there, SEES that Sharper is going to try to bring the ball out, sees Bubba NAIL him, causing Sharper to fumble, picks up the ball and saunters into the endzone for a TOUCHDOWN!!!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cheeseheads sure do crap on a guy's dream.

You'd think that this a Packer Forum or something.....Oh ya, never mind.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well here we go with more... I think there is too much smoke without there being some fire... Makes too much sense too, Lynch or a Safety in round one and Moss to add the playmaker.

From PFT.com

FAVRE CERTAIN THAT MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

It's been a while since the rampant rumors linking Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers died down. But that doesn't mean that the issue is dead.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "100 percent certain" that Moss will be a Packer by the time the 2007 season starts.

The only problem is that the Raiders and the Packers haven't been able to strike a deal for compensation. Our guess is that the logjam will break once the draft approaches; otherwise, any picks necessarily would be deferred into 2008. Plus, if the Raiders choose to take receiver Calvin Johnson with the first pick on April 28, their leverage in subsequent trade talks will surely drop, since the chances of the Raiders letting Johnson get anywhere close to the malcontented Moss are slim and none.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I to am a PFT supporter and I really hope they are right on this one. They seem to make the right call - just not always in the most timely fashion. I would love to see Randy.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I to am a PFT supporter and I really hope they are right on this one. They seem to make the right call - just not always in the most timely fashion. I would love to see Randy.

Donald, Randy, and Gregorious. Hasn't been that good for the Packers since Lofton, Jefferson, and Coffman (I know, a TE, but you know what I mean). Actually, the '07 version may be even better than the '82 version. I hope it happens.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cheeseheads sure do crap on a guy's dream.

You'd think that this a Packer Forum or something.....Oh ya, never mind.
Nah Vikes!!! We are just raining on your parade!!! Or peeing on your charcoal!!!
(You can pick which one you like more! LOLOL!!!) :rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

I got info from here

http://www.flex.com/~deeph2o/CapPage.htm

He has them at 16.6 million b4 the Nick deal and says thats with 3 million to the draft picks

So with the nick deal if it is 10 mil and all goes towards this cap thats only 6 mil left over

Talking about our cap just as important is what's up with the Raiders. I pulled up a site that showed they had under a million bucks in mid-March. Dead last in the NFL. How the heck are they going to do ANYTHING if they don't cut Randy.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Add to that the there Pro Bowl DE is starting to hold out for a new contract. Something has to give.

Pack93z

Reaction score
More Moss fodder...

Randy Moss will be traded on draft day. The Raiders won’t get more than a second-round pick for him and more likely a third. Moss has told some people he is willing to restructure to get out of Oakland, and he knows he can’t get the big money he’s demanded in the past. That’s how bad he wants out. Unfortunately for Moss, reports are that there haven’t been any serious inquiries as of this writing.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show_permalink/jets-sked-nfl-rumor-mill

Members online

Latest posts