Moss Visits Green Bay

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just some more Moss rumors ...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

There is increasing chatter from our readers regarding Internet message board talk about Oakland receiver Randy Moss being sent to the Packers on draft day. As one of the Wild West, uncorroborated computer rumors goes, Moss was in Green Bay for several hours this week.

Also ...

A reader has pointed out to us an item from the web site of D1 Sports Training. One of the co-owners of the facility is Packers quarterback Ingle Martin. And the site declares that Martin is currently the second-string quarterback of the Packers.

Food for thought.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to think I was responsible for 95% of the "message board" rumors, but it's possible! This is what I've heard so far.

- Got a phonecall last night from family in WI who said they heard Chris Havel say Moss to GB was a done deal for a 3rd or a 4th.
- A Vikings fan on a message board had a flight attendant tell him Moss was in WI yesterday.
- A few days back people were saying Moss was in town looking at houses.

It's just a lot of rumors all hitting at the same time, which makes it semi-believable.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However I am not sure Thompson is going to give up any draft picks for Moss, maybe they will trade Rodgers straight up, or another player.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us trading our 2nd and 4th round pick for Moss and the Raiders 3rd rounder.

PS If that ******** lasts more than 4 hours call your team trainer.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If Larry Johnson is a washed up, over-used and a over-rated diva then what category does Moss fit into? A malcontent that surely will bring un-limited production, a cheap salary to retain and locker room harmony?

Pack93z

Reaction score
I forgot this in my other post, I hope that Moss does wind up here this year by all means. It would give us firepower on the offense.

It just cracked me up that we are willing to pay a aged recieved probably in the neighborhood of 5 million a year but balk at a running back at 7 something a year in his prime years.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us trading our 2nd and 4th round pick for Moss and the Raiders 3rd rounder.

PS If that ******** lasts more than 4 hours call your team trainer.

If I have a four hour ******** I'm calling every radio station, newspaper, and, major network immediately.

I'm cashing in baby. Always wondered what it was like to be a rock star!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Larry Johnson is a washed up, over-used and a over-rated diva then what category does Moss fit into? A malcontent that surely will bring un-limited production, a cheap salary to retain and locker room harmony?

The poster who said didn't even post in here. Let's not group everyone togehter which seems to be big problem on this forum.

L.J. is an elite RB with the Kansas City Chiefs. If a team trades for him they will most certainly give him a new contract which will probably make him the highest paid back in the league.

Randy Moss was an elite WR and has the talent to be an elite WR but he needs a change and he needs to play in the right offense with the right type of QB. Favre is the right type of QB for Moss. They'd mesh well. However when Favre is gone I don't like the match of Aaron Rodgers to Moss. I'm not a big fan of Rodgers' deep ball at all.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss was born in 1977
Larry Johnson was born in 1979

Larry Johnson carried the ball 800 times over the last two seasons.
Randy Moss probally wasnt touched more than 40 times in the last two years

theres no reason to believe LJ is more in his prime than Randy. besides production... but even that carries an asterick as randy played for the raiders and LJ for the run happy cheifs.

Randy brings double teams and benefits the offense.
in the ZBS LJ brings maybe 200-300 more yards a year than Vernand Morency. Maybe.

with our system im much happier being loaded at reciever than at RB.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Packnic...it is wrong to have an ******** over this. Not wrong to have one over Salma Hayek, however.

Got it??

Moss and ******** = Bad
Hayek and ******** = Good

Get your erections in order, mister!!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously had a dream last night where Moss scored his first TD and in good fun, he fake mooned the fans and everybody in the stadium fake mooned him back before his Lambeau Leap. Pandemonium.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Randy Moss was born in 1977
Larry Johnson was born in 1979

Larry Johnson carried the ball 800 times over the last two seasons.
Randy Moss probally wasnt touched more than 40 times in the last two years

theres no reason to believe LJ is more in his prime than Randy. besides production... but even that carries an asterick as randy played for the raiders and LJ for the run happy cheifs.

Randy brings double teams and benefits the offense.
in the ZBS LJ brings maybe 200-300 more yards a year than Vernand Morency. Maybe.

with our system im much happier being loaded at reciever than at RB.

Congrats on this being your 1000 post.

Here is my point, Moss has proved through his career to be unhappy with something or someone. Can he play ball? He was a dominating reciever at one point in his career, can he be again? I would think so, but there is risk there. Isn't there?

What production, yes that is what they get paid for, has he proved in the last couple of years. You say because he was in Oakland maybe. Is LT over-rated in the Chargers run first offense? If that answer is no, then how can you say LJ is over-rated?

All that said, I hope that we do land him and we give him a decent contract, but one that we can get out of if we are wrong and he can't produce. Or if attitude Randy shows up again.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Luck getting LJ to sign a decent contract that we can get out of.

If he could be had for a respectable price and terms the team could live with he would never get out of KC.

They see a financial train wreck on the horizon and are trying to get something before they get nothin'.

That's fine with LJ as he would just as soon start making the bigger bucks NOW with a new team and a new contract.

But he ain't coming cheap.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts