Morency and Jennings Hurting

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw where both these guys were sore after Thursday's workout and now it's unknown if they can play Sunday.

Mo's knee flared up and Greg's hamstring was still bothering him.

The main reason I bring this up is because we are not 100% either so after we kick the Giants rear ends if someone here comes out with the "ya but's" because a couple of their guys are hurt I will be standing by.

I DO hate it though that these guys may not be ready. When Jennings has his wheels he's good for a lot of yards after the catch.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw where both these guys were sore after Thursday's workout and now it's unknown if they can play Sunday.

Mo's knee flared up and Greg's hamstring was still bothering him.

The main reason I bring this up is because we are not 100% either so after we kick the Giants rear ends if someone here comes out with the "ya but's" because a couple of their guys are hurt I will be standing by.

I DO hate it though that these guys may not be ready. When Jennings has his wheels he's good for a lot of yards after the catch.

That's exactly it. Jennings is really good at YAC. That's one reason we really need him in there. Jones is good as a possession receiver, but Jennings is much better at the YAC.

If Morency is out, I'd like to see Wynn get more carries. That guy has heart.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean Vern and Greg Ferguson?

The Ferguson Twins?

I've already written these guys off.

They're washouts.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Key point.
If they don't practice Friday, chances are they wont play. Atleast that's the method McCarthy has been using.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...

Having Jennings out really hurts..

About Mo I really never ever expected him to be a reliable weapon, I expect him to be injured most of the season.... We´d better hope that Jackson, Wynn and Grant can get better day by day, Teddy boy should be sorry for not improving this side of the ball and for not getting Moss,,,, we might get in deep trouble at WR if Jones or Driver get injured.

Anyway lets go beat the midgets !!!!!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I'm really not expecting much out of either one of these guys for the entire season. I'm sure Jennings will return and have some flashes, and then suffer an injury which will shadow the rest of his season.

As for Morency, he'll come back, do alright, but his stay will be overshadowed with injuries.

I hope i'm wrong, but I'm not expecting much out of these guys . .

Reaction score
I got the impression from hearing Jennings talk last week that he could have played, but the Packers chose to be careful with him.

I'm guessing Greg could go, but they'd rather not make him play earlier than needed, precisely to avoid what happened last year with his production suffering because the injury didn't fully heal.

DoddPower

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I got the impression from hearing Jennings talk last week that he could have played, but the Packers chose to be careful with him.

I'm guessing Greg could go, but they'd rather not make him play earlier than needed, precisely to avoid what happened last year with his production suffering because the injury didn't fully heal.

Yeah, I mean, if we CAN get by without him, it would be better to have him back fully healed.

I think we could get by the Giants without him and Morency, as long as they would be able to come back against the Charger's fresh.

Reaction score
I agree with you, but finding out that Driver, Jones, and Martin are our only healthy WRs might force us to use Greg.

Perhaps we can suit him up for the game, but only get him in there if one of the above three gets injured (knock on wood).

All I have to say is that I'm starting to think that Greg(orious) is human after all.... :shock:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
All I have to say is that I'm starting to think that Greg(orious) is human after all.... :shock:

Didn't Fergie always say he could have played to? Don't get me wrong, but the vibes from this guy so far is that he will be a walking injury report. That is too bad, I hope I am wrong but so far he doesn't look like a Driver or Brooks, whom would play through all types of nicks..

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The report came Thursday after Jennings got to participate. He felt soreness in his hamstring which they were hoping wouldn't happen after he tested it in practice.

It's an injury you have to be careful with because your one twang away from being out a month or more. The same type thing they kept Moss out so long for.

For those here that think Jennings is an injury prone non factor I just do not agree. He suffered a high ankle sprain last year and came back before he should have. I saw guys land on that ankle tackling him from behind in each of the next two games he came back. That hurts.

This is a guy that will make yards after the catch that was out on the field one-legged and limping. Rather obvious why he didn't do much trying to play with that.

Greg Jennings has the rare ability to get seperation from defenders. Count him out if you want to but he's going to put up great numbers unless that ability goes away(or he's asked to play on one leg).

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't Fergie always say he could have played to? Don't get me wrong, but the vibes from this guy so far is that he will be a walking injury report. That is too bad, I hope I am wrong but so far he doesn't look like a Driver or Brooks, whom would play through all types of nicks..

Why did he play through his injury last year if he is such a Fergy clone?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's frustrating to have these players missing so much time, but they will be back. At this point I'm wondering if the free-weight training with Rock Gullickson has really benefited this team. With this series of injuries over the past couple weeks, I'm inclined to think that the Packers are no better off than they were with the old weight program. It would be interesting to make some kind of statistical comparison.

Looking on the bright side, at least none of the starters have suffered season-ending injuries (knock on wood).

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg Jennings has the rare ability to get seperation from defenders. Count him out if you want to but he's going to put up great numbers unless that ability goes away(or he's asked to play on one leg).

I am not counting him out as much as I am saying he seems to be more fragile of an athlete. Take Mo or Miree as an example, they always seemed to be nicked up and can't go. Jennings hasn't reached the point of say a Miree or Fergie...

Here is to just a string of bad luck
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings reminds me more of Robert Brooks, rather than ferguson. Hes actually a great receiver to begin with, and he does get injured easy, but he gets injured because of a combination of being a great receiver(more catches in tough spots) and fragile. If he can hang in there another week, and start against the chargers rather than the giants, we would have driver, jennings, jones, and possibly koren robinson?

DoddPower

Reaction score
Greg Jennings reminds me more of Robert Brooks, rather than ferguson. Hes actually a great receiver to begin with, and he does get injured easy, but he gets injured because of a combination of being a great receiver(more catches in tough spots) and fragile. If he can hang in there another week, and start against the chargers rather than the giants, we would have driver, jennings, jones, and possibly koren robinson?

No. robinson won't be back till Oct.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you, but finding out that Driver, Jones, and Martin are our only healthy WRs might force us to use Greg.

Perhaps we can suit him up for the game, but only get him in there if one of the above three gets injured (knock on wood).

To me, this was the smartest post in this thread.
Suit him up, and only IF we need him, put him in. If we can take care of the Giants without him, let him sit and heal more.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the interview with Jennings last week, and the interviews with McCarthy this week and today, Jennings being held out isn't his decision.

McCarthy said today that with a hammy on a perimeter player, you don't want to rush them back too soon and have it linger all season. As he put it, they are "being smart" with it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the interview with Jennings last week, and the interviews with McCarthy this week and today, Jennings being held out isn't his decision.

McCarthy said today that with a hammy on a perimeter player, you don't want to rush them back too soon and have it linger all season. As he put it, they are "being smart" with it.
I think it IS smart. If they rush him back, he could be lost for the year. And there are alot of games we are gonna need the kid for.
We KNOW the kid is talented. We will need him even more as the season goes on.

Members online

Latest posts