More Useless Speculation on Brett....

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[url=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm[/url]]
NALL LEAVING MEANS THAT LORD FAVRE ISN'T?

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggests that the decision of Packers backup quarterback Craig Nall to sign a three-year deal with the Buffalo Bills could mean that Packers starter Brett Favre is staying put.

Nall, Silverstein writes, is "close friends" with Favre and recently went hunting with him. So if Nall thought that Favre was going to retire, Nall might not have been so eager to find a new home.

But Nall's departure could also be interpreted as a sign that Favre isn't coming back. Since they're close friends, the fact that Favre won't be there is one less reason for Nall to stay.

More importantly, if 2005 first-rounder Aaron Rodgers will be the starter in 2006, the Pack might be inclined to sign a guy with more experience to be the No. 2 -- making them less inclined to make a competitive offer to Nall, who was drafted by a guy who is now long gone.

In other words, no one has the first clue what Favre is or isn't thinking of doing. I wish these guys would try reporting nexs for a change, instead of useless speculation. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's an interesting theory though. :p

What's really bad is that a lot of people take these speculations as facts. For example, today at school someone told me that the Packers tried signing TO. His reasoning was because Chris Mortenson said that if the Packers signed TO, then Favre would have come back. :roll:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i have said.........any of the genius reporters could get a REAL lead by watching Brett's house. Is he working out daily??? If he isn't, i'd say he's done. If he IS, there's REAL hope that he's coming back. Is his trainer visiting his house daily, or weekly? Why don't amy of these smart guys check this obvious stuff out???

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything everyone is saying is speculation, until Brett comes out and speaks we wont know anything IMO..I am hoping Brett will announce something before April 1st ..keeping fingers crossed.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he announces he's coming back April 1st and then changes his mind later he could always come back and say APRIL FOOLS!!!!!