More smaller quicker d-line

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice how when Boyd, Daniels and Jones came in we got more pressure on Romo? I payed close attention to this because when Pickett and Raji was in we got no dline pressure. Raji and Pickett are block eaters to help stop the run but hello! that's not working! hopefully Capers found a trio that can be used as a pass down pkg and we don't have to see Raji or Pickett taking up space. On another note i hope jollys injury isn't that serious. I saw him in street clothes in the 2nd half.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Did anybody else notice how when Boyd, Daniels and Jones came in we got more pressure on Romo? I payed close attention to this because when Pickett and Raji was in we got no dline pressure. Raji and Pickett are block eaters to help stop the run but hello! that's not working! hopefully Capers found a trio that can be used as a pass down pkg and we don't have to see Raji or Pickett taking up space. On another note i hope jollys injury isn't that serious. I saw him in street clothes in the 2nd half.

It was that obvious. This is exactly what I've been calling for. Mix it up. Take a look at our non-starters. Surprise.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There might be a little fool's gold in this observation. After Jolly went out we sort of had to play more of those guys and the Cowboys were nice enough to stop running the ball in the second half. Yeah, the smaller, lighter guys did well in this game but I'd be concerned about playing them more often against teams that aren't allergic to running the ball.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still perplexed that I am more often noticing Brad Jones not making a play than I am noticing him making a play. I am still not understanding why Lattimore is not playing more, seemed like he was all over the field when he got a shot to play.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still perplexed that I am more often noticing Brad Jones not making a play than I am noticing him making a play. I am still not understanding why Lattimore is not playing more, seemed like he was all over the field when he got a shot to play.

Yeai agree. I guess because Teddy gave Jones so much freakin money Capers has to play him. Can't pay a guy that much and have him on the bench..it's sad but it has to be the case because imo Lattimore has way more upside.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the game I called for that package in the chat box just to see what would happen. It did happen and the results were good. You have to reinvent yourself in this game. Teams figured out how to minimize the impact of the fatties taking up blockers. They looked like they scrunched down their blockers so the fatties actually blocked the linebackers from doing anything. There have been so many times this year that they blitz but never get through the line. It just looks like a big pile. I really think it helps the linebackers to not have a roadblock in front of them.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeai agree. I guess because Teddy gave Jones so much freakin money Capers has to play him. Can't pay a guy that much and have him on the bench..it's sad but it has to be the case.
The money is spent though. Play the best players and cut Jones or get out of that contract in the offseason.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

They were saving Lattimore for his half-time pep talk.

:tdown:

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The money is spent though. Play the best players and cut Jones or get out of that contract in the offseason.

Jones isn't going anywhere unfortunately..if anything he will be the highest paid backup/special teams player in NFL history. No way does he start over Lattimore next season...i'll boycott.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Also, less of MD Jennings and more of anyone else.

MD Jennings is Awful...just awful. I havn't seen a safety that bad in Green Bay in a looong time. I'd rather see Bush playing safety..yea Jennings is that bad. What the heck is a guy 6'0 187 lbs doing playing safety anyways? it would be different if the guy could tackle or was a playmaker.he's neither. Terrible i'll tell you.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MD Jennings is Awful...just awful. I havn't seen a safety that bad in Green Bay in a looong time. I'd rather see Bush playing safety..yea Jennings is that bad. What the heck is a guy 6'0 187 lbs doing playing safety anyways? it would be different if the guy could tackle or was a playmaker.he's neither. Terrible i'll tell you.

How quickly you forget Jerron McMillian! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts