Mobile Friendly

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much of a pain is it for a site to go into a stripped down mode for mobile phone users? I have a blackberry and use the browser a lot on it. Some sites work great on it like ESPN (mobile version) but this site is a little too large and takes forever to load.

Or maybe I am the only one on the forum that actually goes on websites from their phone.:)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their is a specific version for the iPhone. I am just waiting for something to come out with a version for the blackberry. It will be happening eventually.

But if you have an iPhone, you can view this forum through a program called tapatalk.com

OP
OP
bad93ex

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe when I upgrade to the tour it will help out a little. I couldn't imagine using an iPhone since there is no 3g in this area plus you would have to own an iPhone LOL.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The iPhone app doesn't have to load the graphics. I loads straight text and imports it into their interface which you download with the application. Pretty fast actually.

I have the tour and it should work a little faster.

I will continue to check for a mobile theme that is good.

OP
OP
bad93ex

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The iPhone app doesn't have to load the graphics. I loads straight text and imports it into their interface which you download with the application. Pretty fast actually.

I have the tour and it should work a little faster.

I will continue to check for a mobile theme that is good.

I just have the Curve right now and it has sold me on smartphones never going back. Crackberry has a good setup for their mobile theme but I am sure you have been there before.

How do you like the Tour? I know a lot of people had taken them back because of the trackball or something of that nature.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Tour. No problem with the trackball here. There is a new phone coming out with an optical mouse. Not sure how that is going to work, but I am sure it is the same thing as the optical mouse. The upgrade from a trackball mouse to an optical mouse is night and day. I am hoping that is the same thing with the new style of phone.

OP
OP
bad93ex

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been reading up on that new kind of mouse but from what I heard it takes a while to get used to but most people like it. I just can't do a touchscreen though my sister in law's Storm looks cool but is a pain to use.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to update this thread, PackerForum.com is now mobile friendly for all you blackberry users!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ipod touch users should use tapatalk. it is $3 and you can access a bunch of vbulletin forums with that app. let me know how it works out for you.

Members online

Latest posts