MM on Jim Rome

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you must be from around the NC parts Hammer. Packer thinks hes a great radio guy... but its basically just him answering phones and letting people talk very loudly about stupid things. i still listen like a retard but hey. I love olberman and patrick. its good radio most of the time. great interviews and breakin news all the time. plus its pretty funny. cowherd can suck the fattest part of my ***,,,, there is no one more terrible in radio than that guy.

GIVE ME BACK MY SON!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed that the question about Favre was unfair. McCarthy gave him the best possible answer.

I like listening to Rome and Kevin Cowherd and sometimes Dan Patrick. Maybe I like them because I don't get to listen to them very often, so it's a treat when I do. (Usually just when I get to drive somewhere for my job.) Rome's show isn't even broadcast where I live now.

All of these guys are shameless attention hogs, which I guess has something to do with why they're popular. Rome can be funny and insightful, but he does get stuck on the same point at times. But all those guys could be accused of doing that. Rome is just more blatant about it. He also likes to make fun of Raider fans, which probably does not help endear him to Raider Pride.

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Well now that MM went on his show, JR will be a MM fan.

I can not listen to the guy myself.

He makes a point then say's it over and over and over again with dead air in between.

A simple point: like "Baily is a stud." 3 second pause.... "This guy is a real stud." 4 second pause.... "Baily is ahaasome and a stud." 4 seconds of silence. "The guy is a grade A Stud." 5 seconds of silence. "This guy is a real stud."

It drives me nuts. I have to change the damn station.

It is like he has 30 minutes of material that he has to streatch out over his whole program.

I can get 1500 more opinions and food for thought on 1500 more topics listening to "The Heard" or The Dan Patrick show than I can wasting my time listening to J.R.
Word, Raider. I can't listen to Rome for one minute even. Cowherd and Patrick/Olbermann are pretty damn thought-provoking. If I want Neanderthal stuff, all I have to do is listen Mark Packer ( Billy Packer's son ), or go to the local sports bar. For basic stuff, I'm knowledgeable enough to form my own opinions, as I'm sure the majority of posters on here are.

Have you read any of the bear fan's posts on here? :roll: :rotflmao:

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I like about Rome is that he is not afraid to call out someone. Yes, he goes overboard about some subjects but that is his style. I LOVE when he reads the emails... They kill me!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like the "Chris" Everett treatment and I vowed never to listen to Rome after I heard about it, I thought he was a loudmouthed jerk. And he still is.. LOL.. however, I do listen to him, and I have to say I'm hooked. I love the way he calls people out.. The steroid abusers in baseball.. obnoxious college players (Miami U.).. Yesterday he let Denny Green have it for his outburst ("They are who we thought they were!") but moreso Green's follow-up statement yesterday.

I get a real kick out of the show.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Raider Pride said:
Well now that MM went on his show, JR will be a MM fan.

I can not listen to the guy myself.

He makes a point then say's it over and over and over again with dead air in between.

A simple point: like "Baily is a stud." 3 second pause.... "This guy is a real stud." 4 second pause.... "Baily is ahaasome and a stud." 4 seconds of silence. "The guy is a grade A Stud." 5 seconds of silence. "This guy is a real stud."

It drives me nuts. I have to change the damn station.

It is like he has 30 minutes of material that he has to streatch out over his whole program.

I can get 1500 more opinions and food for thought on 1500 more topics listening to "The Heard" or The Dan Patrick show than I can wasting my time listening to J.R.
Word, Raider. I can't listen to Rome for one minute even. Cowherd and Patrick/Olbermann are pretty damn thought-provoking. If I want Neanderthal stuff, all I have to do is listen Mark Packer ( Billy Packer's son ), or go to the local sports bar. For basic stuff, I'm knowledgeable enough to form my own opinions, as I'm sure the majority of posters on here are.

Have you read any of the bear fan's posts on here? :roll: :rotflmao:
Yeah, but they are few and far between, and of no real interest to me.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I like about Rome is that he is not afraid to call out someone. Yes, he goes overboard about some subjects but that is his style. I LOVE when he reads the emails... They kill me!
Yes, but when that same person is on, he kisses their ****. Doubt he'd do that to someone's face again, Everett was pretty reserved IMO.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Rome even ask him that? Dumb question.. And I like Rome's show, I usually listen to some of it every day. I wasn't able to catch it today, figures I would miss MM. Oh well.

I'm sure he asked because McCarthy came from SF, but I'm not sure MM ever coached Montana. Anyway, Rome sux.

Mr_Bumpy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Rome even ask him that? Dumb question...

Preceding that question, Rome was talking to MM about his time in Kansas City when MM actually got to work with Joe Montana. Rome asked him about what it was like, etc., then dropped the question about who would you give the ball to.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Members online

Latest posts