Mississippi two step/Simple decision

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting perspectives in these two stories.

Packer Report.com

Mississippi two step

By Bob Fox
[email protected]
Posted Jul 5, 2008

Time will tell on whether Favre will continue on with football career, says Bob Fox

July 28 will be a very interesting day for the Green Bay Packers as they open training camp. The question will be simple. Will Brett Favre report to training camp or not? The speculation has gotten wild as Chris Mortensen from ESPN reported Wednesday that a source close to Favre said that the Mississippi gunslinger had the "itch" to return to the Packers, or at least to someone in the NFL.
In fact, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reported that Favre himself called head coach Mike McCarthy a couple of weeks ago to express his desire to return, but was rebuffed by McCarthy. It was also McCarthy that tried to talk Favre out of retiring in early March of this year. It also has been reported that someone from the Favre camp requested his release from the Packers.

The Packers certainly are in a quandary. The heir to Favre, Aaron Rodgers, was Ted Thompson's first-ever draft pick as GM of the Packers. After Favre's retirement announcement, the team wrapped itself around Rodgers, and McCarthy changed the offense in certain areas to help utilize some of Rodgers' strengths. Thompson also drafted two quarterbacks in the 2008 draft, Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn.

The team also sniffed around a little in the QB free agency market as the Packers worked out Quinn Gray and Gus Frerotte, but did not sign them to contracts. Then a week or so before the draft, the team worked out Daunte Culpepper and offered him a contract which Culpepper himself has confirmed recently.

The Packers obviously had turned the page on Favre coming back. But like a windy day in which you read a book outside, sometimes the pages do get turned back. And it appears the wind is coming from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.

At his retirement announcement, Favre said he could still play, but the commitment needed to come back was not there. Favre said, "I've given everything I possibly can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it. I know I can play, but I don't think I want to."

Certainly 2007 was one of Favre's best seasons ever. Favre's completion percentage of 66.5 was the best of his career. His seven 300-yard passing games tied a career high, and his 4,155 passing yards (third-best of his career), 95.7 passer rating (third), 15 interceptions (tied for third) and 356 completions (fourth) were among the best marks of his 17-year career.

No wonder McCarthy tried to talk Favre out of retirement. The Packers as a team also had a wonderful year. The team was 13-3 and won the NFC North title. The team just missed the Super Bowl as the Packers were defeated by the New York Giants 23-20 in overtime at Lambeau Field in the NFC Championship game. The field goal that won that game was set up by a Favre interception.

Favre did not have his best day that game, but he did bring back the Packers three times to overcome deficits. And now he may perhaps trying a comeback of a different kind.

There is also the speculation from people close to Favre, that Thompson does not want him back, according to reports.

Also, Favre reportedly was wishy-washy about retiring in the weeks following the Packers' loss to the New York Giants in the NFC championship game. Like the previous two offseasons, Favre told coach Mike McCarthy and General Manager Ted Thompson that he was thinking about quitting. The two previous years, McCarthy or Thompson — and sometimes both — made strong attempts to talk Favre out of it.

This year, things were different, according to sources. Thompson hardly communicated with Favre in the off-season, which upset Favre, but McCarthy maintained regular contact with him. In March, when Favre told the Packers he was planning to quit, they made little or no effort to talk him out of it. So on March 4, he announced his retirement and two days later held a tearful farewell news conference at Lambeau Field.

However, doubt about his decision persisted. Thompson visited Favre at his Hattiesburg, Miss., home in May and, according to sources, Favre would have un-retired at that point had Thompson asked him to come back. But Thompson never broached the subject with him.

McCarthy did try to talk Favre into returning however. But once the decision was made, McCarthy turned all of his attention to Rodgers and making sure the offense would emphasize Rodgers' strengths. Rodgers has certainly justified McCarthy's thinking in 2007.

Rodgers showed he had excellent comprehension of Mike McCarthy's offense in the preseason of 2007 and in a regular-season game at Dallas, where Rodgers almost led the Packers to a win after a Favre injury.

In the Dallas game, Rodgers threw 20 completions in 28 attempts (71.4 percent) for 218 yards, with one touchdown and a passer rating of 106. McCarthy would take those stats every week.

So now the Packers have this bull in the china shop situation with Favre apparently interested in coming back. The team has done all the right things up to now in terms of moving on. The organization has committed itself to Rodgers and also has treated Favre with respect. They are honoring Favre on September 8 by having his No. 4 jersey retired on Monday Night Football on ESPN against the Minnesota Vikings.

The team also plans to ship Favre's locker from Lambeau Field to his home in Mississippi. But that locker may not be unoccupied after all.

I wrote an article right after word about Favre's retirement had gained national attention before the retirement press conference. I said then that it wasn't too late for Favre to change his mind in my story. But I think the time that has passed since then, puts everyone in a very uncomfortable situation. The Packer organization. Rodgers. The fans. Favre himself.

We shall see what shall happen as the coming days and weeks unfold. All I can say, is that I will be at Packer training camp on July 28 with a curious interest. If Favre indeed shows up, you can bet that ESPN, the NFL Network, all the other national media will be there along with those who cover the Packers locally. It won't just be covering training camp, but it will be like going to a Hollywood premiere or the circus, depending on your point of view.

Packer Report.com

Simple decision - Bring Favre back to Pack

By Tyler Dunne
[email protected]
Posted Jul 3, 2008

If quarterback wants to continue football career, let him do so in Green Bay, says Packer Report's Tyler Dunne

Yes, Aaron Rodgers is 100 percent, sign/sealed/delivered ready to be the Green Bay Packers starting quarterback, but remember Brett Favre’s overtime teardrop bomb to Greg Jennings on MNF last year?
Yes, at some point the entire Packers franchise needs to move on – into a new era, with a new identity and a new quarterback, but remember Favre tossing three touchdowns inside a Lambeau snow globe against Seattle?

Yes, Rodgers could be a potential Pro Bowl quarterback. He’s the brainchild of the Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy regime. The textbook fundamentals in the pocket. The field vision. And the get-out-of-my-way confidence. Love it. I had no problem with his Sports Illustrated comment. It’s his attitude – raw, a little cocky, bold. But gosh ... remember Favre slicing a missile of a slant pass to Jennings in the fourth quarter against San Diego to cap a thrilling comeback?

If Brett Favre had thrown 3,000 yards, 17 touchdowns, 28 picks and the Packers had missed the playoffs last season, this decision would be a cinch. Rodgers has been groomed within the system for this inheritance, and the Packers brass could politely turn down Favre.

But forces have collided for a Favre comeback and Thompson would be out of his mind to prevent it in any way, shape or form.

Much talk has focused on the fact that Wisconsin is a sitting duck about to be blasted by the storm of the century. Favre wants to come back and the Packers don’t want him. That’s the mutual feeling right now. One report says Thompson never tried to talk Favre out of retirement – a gesture the quarterback would have welcomed. Other reports say the Packers hope Favre values his legacy, front-office jargon for “stay away.”

The clouds are hovering, a light rain is drizzling and soon homes will be uplifted.

But it doesn’t have to be that way. Invite Favre back. It wouldn’t cause a locker room fiasco – Al Harris hinted at the Wednesday, saying he’d welcome him back. If Tom Brady hadn’t erupted in ’07, then Favre would have been named MVP. No team would ever consider releasing or trading a MVP player. No team would rid themselves of 4,155 yards and 28 touchdowns that easily.

He retires, and now wants to return? Let him. Imagine the energy and emotion that would instantly be pumped into the team. Imagine how quickly all of the young players would grow up even more. Imagine the decibel level of the last two years on Favre’s contract. Favre’s return instantly makes Green Bay a Super Bowl favorite.

What to do with A-Roj? The guy can’t catch a break. He’s a real-life Ben Stiller movie.

From that April ’05 draft day when Rodgers sat idly in the green room like a passenger at the airport whose flight kept getting delayed, to Wednesday, when he was probably wondering if he’s destined to be a backup for life. Favre has been a thorn in his side. Aaron Rodgers deserves better. He has seamlessly earned the respect of rookies and veterans alike over the past few weeks in OTAs and minicamps.

But Favre’s comeback changes everything. And one crafty draft pick turns his return into reality. Brian Brohm would have been a top 10 pick in ‘07 and the Packers got him at 56th overall. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers right now, but in two years, he could be. Maybe better. Brohm’s quick release and experience in a pro style offense at Louisville would suit him well as Favre’s new heir apparent. When Favre’s contract expires in two seasons, Brohm would be ready – much like Rodgers is now.

The Packers would have to trade Rodgers. Grant him the right to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, somewhere. Ideally not in Minnesota or Chicago but somewhere. Favre deserves to come back and Rodgers deserves to start. Appease to both, because Brohm makes it possible.

If all the Packers had behind Rodgers were Matt Flynn and Quinn Gray, saying au revoir Rodgers would be tough. But Brohm could be a future NFL star.

Thompson is the shot-caller for a franchise at a monumental crossroads.

Scott Favre, Brett’s brother, confirmed the actuality of the quarterback’s desire.

“I think it's 50-50,” said Scott Favre to WTMJ-TV. “There’s no doubt he can play. He's in good shape, he’s working out, we know he can still play, he’s healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me.”

Favre’s “it’s all rumor” text message to the Biloxi Sun Herald isn’t exactly a watershed to the media frenzy that turned the entire state of Wisconsin upside down Wednesday, either. It’s not exactly a refute to the ESPN hullabaloo. Think of it simply as a “we’re talking behind closed doors” comment.

Face it Ted, Brett Favre is the Packers and the Packers are Brett Favre.

But more than that, you don’t release or trade a player that just finished second in the MVP voting, made the Pro Bowl and was SI’s Sportsman of the Year. He isn’t Troy Aikman or Dan Marino. This Hall-of-Fame duo combined for 19 touchdowns and 31 interceptions in their injury-shortened final season.

So it took a few months of lonely fishing and boring lawn-mowing, but Favre’s realizing something. He’s healthy. He’s at the top of his game. And the Packers are a Super Bowl contender.

The savvy selection of Brohm should tip the first domino on a keep-Favre, trade-Rodgers scenario. Thompson shouldn’t fret over Favre’s desire to return. His “draft the best player available” philosophy has been executed to perfection.

It’d be asinine – and the worst decision in Packers history – to dispose of Favre like T.J. Rubley.

If Favre indeed wants to come back, Thompson’s decision is a lot easier than it seems.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy did try to talk Favre into returning however. But once the decision was made, McCarthy turned all of his attention to Rodgers and making sure the offense would emphasize Rodgers' strengths. Rodgers has certainly justified McCarthy's thinking in 2007.

The team has done all the right things up to now in terms of moving on. The organization has committed itself to Rodgers and also has treated Favre with respect. They are honoring Favre on September 8 by having his No. 4 jersey retired on Monday Night Football on ESPN against the Minnesota Vikings.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man........can this get any more screwed up?
Well......it won't be too long and we will know how this all ends up.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not screwed up really.

All this stuff is the Media and Fans going back and forth.

If Brett wants to come back, he will, and we'll be an instant contender.

If he does not, A-Rod will start and it will be a crapshoot.

The only other option is if BF wants to come back and TT decides to release him instead. In that case Ted will be ran out of town and A-Rod will suffer more as that's even more pressure on him to perform.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only other option is if BF wants to come back and TT decides to release him instead. In that case Ted will be ran out of town and A-Rod will suffer more as that's even more pressure on him to perform.

Ted Thompson the reigning GM of the Year will not be run out of town, and if he is, it would the single dumbest thing to happen in Green Bay since the Vikings last came to town.

everyone run for cover!!! change is coming!!! ahhhh

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i could imagine Ted releases Farve..the fans of Wisconsin would probably chase after Ted with a missle

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As well they should in my opinion. It's a lose lose situation for everyone.

If BF was released A-Rod would have even more pressure to perform. The guy already has to follow in the steps of a legend but would now has a fan base highly irritated the TT screwed perhaps the most prolific and adored Packer of all time. It's just too much for someone who has all of 1/2 of a games experience. A few bad games and the whole thing coud get REALLY UGLY fast.

BF would be pissed, and rightly so.

Noone gains any advantage if he is released. On top of that he is the Packers best option to win a Championship. All this talk about stunting A-Rod's growth is crap. How in the world does it effect anything. Perhaps A-Rod can continue to grow as a backup

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Ted Thompson would be met with as much backlash as people think if he releases Favre and Favre signs with say the New York Jets. However, if he does release Favre and its' the Vikings that get him then fans will absolutely go berserk on him and rightfully so. I do think the Vikings would sign him in a heartbeat if he's on the open market because they'll be a Super Bowl team with Brett Favre.

So releasing Favre is off the table. The Minnesota and Chicago papers writing about that crap are just wishing Ted Thompson was stupid enough to release him. I don't believe he is.

It's trade him or keep him as your starter IF this even is true.

Although you bring Favre back and prepare too lose Rodgers. Rodgers will be a free agent at the end of 2009. No way does he stay with this team if he goes back to being a backup. I can't say I blame him. You don't give a guy the keys to the ship and take them away like that without expecting that guy too be a little ticked off.

People telling Rodgers to stuff a sock in his mouth obviously have never been into being a competitive athlete. He wants too play.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Ted Thompson would be met with as much backlash as people think if he releases Favre and Favre signs with say the New York Jets. However, if he does release Favre and its' the Vikings that get him then fans will absolutely go berserk on him and rightfully so. I do think the Vikings would sign him in a heartbeat if he's on the open market because they'll be a Super Bowl team with Brett Favre.

So releasing Favre is off the table. The Minnesota and Chicago papers writing about that crap are just wishing Ted Thompson was stupid enough to release him. I don't believe he is.

Although you bring Favre back and prepare too lose Rodgers. Rodgers will be a free agent at the end of 2009. No way does he stay with this team if he goes back to being a backup. I can't say I blame him. You don't give a guy the keys to the ship and take them away like that without expecting that guy too be a little ticked off.

People telling Rodgers to stuff a sock in his mouth obviously have never been into being a competitive athlete. He wants too play.

I disagree somewhat Porky. As an athlete A-Rod should want what is best for this team and I sincerely doubt deep down if he thinks he gives this team more of a shot than Brett does. Hell we were within a stones toss at the Super Bowl last year with Brett.

The team has to do what's best for them. If this team had been 4-12 last year then it changes everything but for Ted to not forgo a possible championship now and instead field a team led by HIS GUY, Just because it's HIS GUY, is very shady.

I think management stunk this up from the beginning. It has been stated Brett was not even asked to reconsider by Ted Thompson. That is troublesome to me. Again being how close we are changes alot of things. It seems to me TT would rather pass on a championship now for the SOLE reason being he wants his guy running the show. Even if he believes A-Rod can bring 10 consecutive Championships to GB in the next few years it's borderline idiotic to be that close to the SB and not even ask the Captain of the ship to reconsider retirement. Ted's ego may have costed GB a championship, fortunately for him, he may get another chance to do the right thing.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I disagree somewhat Porky. As an athlete A-Rod should want what is best for this team and I sincerely doubt deep down if he thinks he gives this team more of a shot than Brett does. Hell we were within a stones toss at the Super Bowl last year with Brett.

The team has to do what's best for them. If this team had been 4-12 last year then it changes everything but for Ted to not forgo a possible championship now and instead field a team led by HIS GUY, Just because it's HIS GUY, is very shady.

I think management stunk this up from the beginning. It has been stated Brett was not even asked to reconsider by Ted Thompson. That is troublesome to me. Again being how close we are changes alot of things. It seems to me TT would rather pass on a championship now for the SOLE reason being he wants his guy running the show. Even if he believes A-Rod can bring 10 consecutive Championships to GB in the next few years it's borderline idiotic to be that close to the SB and not even ask the Captain of the ship to reconsider retirement. Ted's ego may have costed GB a championship, fortunately for him, he may get another chance to do the right thing.

The advocate here would say Rodgers living up to his potential is what's best for the team and the only way he can do that is if he plays. If the Packers truly feel that Aaron Rodgers will be good enough to lead this team to a Super Bowl or maybe more in the future then they very well should go with Rodgers.

There are two sides to this story.

It's also been reported that Mike McCarthy asked Favre to reconsider a number of times. McCarthy even said that he thought Favre was coming back. Highly unlikely that McCarthy and Thompson aren't on the same page especially since McCarthy just received an extension by none other than Thompson.

To say Thompson's ego may have cost GB another championship is a bit ridiculous. First, we don't know what really goes on behind scenes but none the less Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are part of the reason why the Packers even have a remote shot at a championship this year and why they were in the NFC Title game last year.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
porky88 said:

The advocate here would say Rodgers living up to his potential is what's best for the team and the only way he can do that is if he plays. If the Packers truly feel that Aaron Rodgers will be good enough to lead this team to a Super Bowl or maybe more in the future then they very well should go with Rodgers.

It's also been reported that Mike McCarthy asked Favre to reconsider a number of times. McCarthy even said that he thought Favre was coming back. Highly unlikely that McCarthy and Thompson aren't on the same page especially since McCarthy just received an extension by none other than Thompson.

To say Thompson's ego may have cost GB another championship is a bit ridiculous. First, we don't know what really goes on behind scenes but none the less Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are part of the reason why the Packers even have a remote shot at a championship this year and why they were in the NFC Title game last year.

As was the Old #4 playing out of his mind. I don;t see this team as a contender with A-Rod at QB this year, If you do you are putting a lot of hope into it. I would have been on my hands and kness begging Brett to come back being we were so close, but not ol' Teddy.

To me Brett and TT don't much like each other. You can tell by the comments Brett's family made to the media. McCarthy is like the go between. I have no doubt MM wants Brett back because as a coach he understands that winning is what matters. I think Teddy cares about winning as well, but only with his team and his guys. Again, it's an ego thing.

Let's just keep gameplanning for the future I guess. "Wait til next year" is going to get quite the workout I guess. All I know is I saw last year as a knock on the door, but without Brett I can't see us walking through it. I wish A-Rod the best but we MAY have lost a piece of the puzzle that can't be replaced, and if all it took was TT to beg a little to keep that piece around and he refused to do it, that's bad management driven by Ego. Time will tell I suppose.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me this rift between Favre and TT all started because TT didn't sign Randy Moss.
What a better way for Favre to "get even" with TT by allowing these so called "rumors" to get spread around, so that the fans hate TT for "making" Favre quit.
Oh course i'm just doing like eveyone else, and speculating. But it could be true too.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We'll be instant contenders? Really? Last year Favre prepared and studied more than he ever has before. Do you think he's been studying other teams and our playbook while he has been retired? It's entirely possible he could come in and just want to play (without all of that boring playbook work, etc.) and throw another 29 INT's. I'm as big of a Favre fan as anyone else, but it WILL be crazy if he decides to come back. The fans, the team, the media, everyone will be split about it, and arguing.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this situation is pretty simple. If Brett wants to come back let him. Let Favre and Rodgers battle for the starting job. Anyone with any common sense knows Brett will win the job. After all Brett has done for the Packers organization and the fact that you know he is still gonna play at a high level, I think he deserves another chance if he wants it. These people that say he should stay retired just blow my mind. Why in the hell would you not want a player of Bretts calibur back at the helm of your team?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this situation is pretty simple. If Brett wants to come back let him. Let Favre and Rodgers battle for the starting job.

No. It's not that simple. At all.

The team named Rodgers the starter. Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. No player, fan, stock holder, man, woman, or child would be able to respect the green bay front office or coaches if they let Favre come back and play QB after going public and saying Rodgers is their guy. The players would find that most troubling.

"Atari, you're our strong safety for years to come, man." "Yeah, you said something like that to Rodgers too. I think I'll go elsewhere, where management doesn't waffle under pressure from an aging superstar."

Yeah, what a simple situation.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFreak said:
I think this situation is pretty simple. If Brett wants to come back let him. Let Favre and Rodgers battle for the starting job.

The team named Rodgers the starter. Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. No player, fan, stock holder, man, woman, or child would be able to respect the green bay front office or coaches if they let Favre come back and play QB after going public and saying Rodgers is their guy. The players would find that most troubling.

"Atari, you're our strong safety for years to come, man." "Yeah, you said something like that to Rodgers too. I think I'll go elsewhere, where management doesn't waffle under pressure from an aging superstar."

I disagree. Wins and losses are whats important and Brett is gonna put more W's up then Rodgers will. This is a business not a church picinic. I could give a crap about hurt feelings. I just want to see the Pack bring home the Lombardi. Brett gives us the best chance. But it dosent really matter because Brett isnt gonna come out of retirement anyway. I unlike others think there's a very small chance that he will play ball anymore.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
PackerFreak said:

I disagree. Wins and losses are whats important and Brett is gonna put more W's up then Rodgers will. This is a business not a church picinic. I could give a crap about hurt feelings. I just want to see the Pack bring home the Lombardi. Brett gives us the best chance. But it dosent really matter because Brett isnt gonna come out of retirement anyway. I unlike others think there's a very small chance that he will play ball anymore.

You just don't get it. First of all, Favre won't put up more W's. This isn't tennis. This is a team game. Second, you might not give a hoot about 'hurt feelings,' which isn't what I was talking about, but players will. Players will care about re-signing on a shady team or coming here in the first place. Third, Brett gives us the best chance? Really? Are you sure? Fourth,...I like turtles.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree this is a team sport, but Favre has carried this team on his back for years. That aside I dont really think that is all that shady. Maybe im just a cold heated bastard, but the only thing Rodgers has proved is that he can get hurt and back up Favre. Its not like we have a Montana Young QB contraversy here. I think teams and players know that the Packers are gonna do whats best to win games, and maybe im wrong, but I think Brett is the best decision.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dd80forever said:
porky88 said:

As was the Old #4 playing out of his mind. I don;t see this team as a contender with A-Rod at QB this year, If you do you are putting a lot of hope into it. I would have been on my hands and kness begging Brett to come back being we were so close, but not ol' Teddy.

To me Brett and TT don't much like each other. You can tell by the comments Brett's family made to the media. McCarthy is like the go between. I have no doubt MM wants Brett back because as a coach he understands that winning is what matters. I think Teddy cares about winning as well, but only with his team and his guys. Again, it's an ego thing.

Let's just keep gameplanning for the future I guess. "Wait til next year" is going to get quite the workout I guess. All I know is I saw last year as a knock on the door, but without Brett I can't see us walking through it. I wish A-Rod the best but we MAY have lost a piece of the puzzle that can't be replaced, and if all it took was TT to beg a little to keep that piece around and he refused to do it, that's bad management driven by Ego. Time will tell I suppose.

Ok by your logic, Thompson's ego is so big that it's his guys only and that's that.

Well he resigned Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, and Donald Driver. Those guys were here before Ted Thompson was GM. Yes he's drafted a number of receivers but he's still resigned Driver when Driver wanted a new contract. He could of easily let him go. He could of easily let Aaron Kampman go and Nick Barnett too and kept all that extra cap for his guys but he didn't. He resigned them.

Your idea that Thompson has an ego problem and that's it's his guys or the highway is an argument we heard maybe at this time last year but after a 13-3 season with guys ranging from Brett Favre to Aaron Kampman to Greg Jennings, it's just not true.

I'm sure he has a bit of an ego. We all do but it's definitely not as big as your trying to make it out too be. Thompson is smart, not insecure about winning with his guys only.

Thompson's guys are good football players. It doesn't matter when and where they come from. That much is for certain.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me this rift between Favre and TT all started because TT didn't sign Randy Moss.
What a better way for Favre to "get even" with TT by allowing these so called "rumors" to get spread around, so that the fans hate TT for "making" Favre quit.
Oh course i'm just doing like eveyone else, and speculating. But it could be true too.

Yeah! Now you're talking TT is a shmuck. I don't need Favre's family to get me to dislike TT. I thought he was not being good to Favre after Favre did all he can do to turn the team around. I don't remember 80's, but I heard all the problem Packers had to win. Some my family that was already here lived in Wisconsin and brought us to see game. I was recruited to Packer side. But I did not like another team.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As great as Favre was, I don't want him back. For the past three seasons, his performance has declined toward the end of the year. Of course, some of that is due to colder weather, when everybody's passing stats go down, but not all of it. Favre has been getting worn out by the end of every season, which is why he's been struggling with the retirement decision. He just doesn't feel like he has any energy left by the time the season is over. And he's right. He doesn't.

So now he's finally decided to retire, and the team is moving on without him. Is Rodgers an unknown quantity? Certainly. But so is Favre when it gets late in the season. Time to move on. Actually, it is PAST time to move on. It's already happened, like it or not.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Yeah! Now you're talking TT is a shmuck. I don't need Favre's family to get me to dislike TT. I thought he was not being good to Favre after Favre did all he can do to turn the team around. I don't remember 80's, but I heard all the problem Packers had to win. Some my family that was already here lived in Wisconsin and brought us to see game. I was recruited to Packer side. But I did not like another team.

ElleBlue?

Members online

Latest posts