Minnesota Vikings

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Leave it to a fan of a loser franchise to come up with a hogwash argument like this. I simply stated that within the context of the league's playoff system - if your last game was a loss you aren't the Champs.
No, that is not what you said. Here let me quote you.

Their argument is semantical bull crap. You can only be the champion if you won your last game. That happened to the Packers 12 times and the queens never.
That states that 12 times the Packers won their last game and have 12 Championships for it. Which is not true. In 1930, they lost their second to last game and tied the last game. In 1931 they lost their last game. Now when I point that out you switch up to the "Playoff" line. So now it only counts if there was a playoff game. So which is it? Ah yes, because it's the Packers they get the exception to the rule. Fact is, according to you, the Packers are then the only team in NFL history to lose their last game and still be Champions. A couple of teams have tied the last game and done it, the Staleys, the Akron pros, Providence steam rollers and of course the Packers.
It was one big league and the team with the best record was the Champ.
It was 11-12 teams. Depending on which teams came in and which teams folded. And they didn't have to win their last game to be Champs!

You cling to the acronym "NFL" because it was a "league" but it was only that in name.
Wrong. The AFL and NFL were leagues unto themselves until 1970. They had separate rules, separate commissioners, separate TV contracts. They did not play regular season games against each other. The AFL had the 2 point conversion, the NFL did not. They even had different size balls. That is why to this day any player that played only in the AFL is not eligible for the HOF. Tell me, at what point did the AFL become a league only in name? Had to be 1966 according to you. So the merger in 1970 when they agreed on the rule changes, only having one commissioner, the realignment, merging of TV contracts, the teams that went from the NFL to the AFC, playing regular season games between the AFC/NFC, that was all just what? Semantics?

In the early days of the AFL they were considered by all an inferior league with inferior talent whose teams didn't belong on the same field as NFL teams. Before the late '60s they'd have had no more chance against the NFL than the a AAA champion team would against the MLB champ.
And then all of a sudden in 1966(the AFL was only 7 years old) they were magically transported to the level of competitive play of the NFL so the Super Bowl, sorry, the "World Championship game" could be played.

Call the QUEENS NFL Champs from 1969 if it makes your **** hard. If you are a QUEEN fan, go for it, it is all you have to tug off to: hell, it's your lie... your ***** extender... your pathetic franchise's closest brush with greatness.
And of course when confronted with history you cannot refute, go with the name calling and ****** overtures to get me to back down. And if it's a lie, prove it to me. Show me a headline from a paper that says the Ice bowl was not he NFL Championship game. Show me a link that says there was no NFL Championship games from 1966-1969. Show me a picture of the first 4 Super bowl trophies that say "NFL Championship" on them. You can't. The First 4 say "AFL-NFL World Championship game". Show me how the leagues merged in 1966 instead of 1970. But it's all just a big lie according to you.

I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind. Because I know that your mind is to closed to do it. You don't want to admit the true history of the NFL because then you would have to admit that I am right. And lord pray tell, you have been told all your life that the Vikings have never won anything so it has to be true. After all, your a Packer fan and hence you know NFL history better than anyone else.

All I am doing is putting out the "true" history of the NFL. You chose to accept the "modified" history of the NFL. But for gods' sake, don't be a hypocrite about it. Either you have to win the last game to be a Champion or not, you don't get to qualify that with "in the playoff system". Sucks don't it.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Hausboy reminds me of a poster from other boards that goes by the handle "Champ" (ironic as hell in itself that any viqueen fan would call themselves "champ" but that is another matter. That guy is the charter member of the hall of fame of trolls and he has been allowed to run amok for years at another Packer board by the mods (again this is another matter, but why mods would let a clear troll cause so much trouble is puzzling) and essentially has made the board a toilet. That guy posts under the thinly veiled front of wanting to provide a "different point of view" yet interestingly, his point of view is that all things viking are great and all things Packer are not... Even when players change teams, such as favre. For years he could not say enough about how favre was over-rated, and now, not only did he never say such things (even though the actual posts have been re-posted as proof) he now embraces favre as the best ever and calls Packer fans "haters." When he gets called out, he consistently pulls out the victim card, as though he was so obtuse as to not understand that his own crappy posting content is what is causing the scorn.

It is really a funny shtick (for about 5 minutes), but it is clearly trolling in the most textbook case. Glad to see that the mods here are actually interested in catering to PACKER fans here. Having fans of another team at a Packer forum is not a problem when they are not trolls. When the mods turn a blind eye to the trolling it causes major problems. It appears that at this site the mods actually understand their roles and step up to the plate. Bravo.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hausboy reminds me of a poster from other boards that goes by the handle "Champ" (ironic as hell in itself that any viqueen fan would call themselves "champ" but that is another matter. That guy is the charter member of the hall of fame of trolls and he has been allowed to run amok for years at another Packer board by the mods (again this is another matter, but why mods would let a clear troll cause so much trouble is puzzling) and essentially has made the board a toilet. That guy posts under the thinly veiled front of wanting to provide a "different point of view" yet interestingly, his point of view is that all things viking are great and all things Packer are not... Even when players change teams, such as favre. For years he could not say enough about how favre was over-rated, and now, not only did he never say such things (even though the actual posts have been re-posted as proof) he now embraces favre as the best ever and calls Packer fans "haters." When he gets called out, he consistently pulls out the victim card, as though he was so obtuse as to not understand that his own crappy posting content is what is causing the scorn.

It is really a funny shtick (for about 5 minutes), but it is clearly trolling in the most textbook case. Glad to see that the mods here are actually interested in catering to PACKER fans here. Having fans of another team at a Packer forum is not a problem when they are not trolls. When the mods turn a blind eye to the trolling it causes major problems. It appears that at this site the mods actually understand their roles and step up to the plate. Bravo.

I'm a Packers fan and a Vikings fan while Favre plays. If you cannot handle that reasonably, I'm not sure what to tell you other than deal with it.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan and a Vikings fan while Favre plays. If you cannot handle that reasonably, I'm not sure what to tell you other than deal with it.

That's hard to realize that you cannot see the Packer fanboy style posts that we provide this forum because it is after all a Packer forum and not a Favre forum.

It's great that you want to support Favre, realize though that many of us do not and do not want to see him in purple during ESPN highlights. I love the guy and watching him play, maybe if he didn't win as much this season I'd like to watch him more but since he slapped us in the face because of his revenge aspect. . .it hurt us as fans to see it. Even if it wasn't intended for us.

If you want to cheer Favre and the vikings on and be the vikings fan, try going to google and searching for a vikings forum so you can voice your opinions there on how you love them. Just try not to do it here, it's obviously only upsetting people.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to cheer Favre and the vikings on and be the vikings fan, try going to google and searching for a vikings forum so you can voice your opinions there on how you love them. Just try not to do it here, it's obviously only upsetting people.
Unless Hauschild breaks any forum rules, he is welcome to cheer for who ever he wants. Cheering for another team is not against the rules.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Hauschild breaks any forum rules, he is welcome to cheer for who ever he wants. Cheering for another team is not against the rules.

Cool - thanks.

I'm not going to post for awhile to give everybody a chance to cool off.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
keep spinning viking troll. You have nothing. No championships... Zero, zilch, nada... You want to play a game of semantics rather than to interpret something in the spirit in which it was meant to be interpreted. It is all you have. You know exactly what I meant about the Packers' titles yet you want to divert the discussion to semantical ******** because it is all that you have. Spin spin spin little lost viqueen fan in Packer land.

The Packers don't boast 12 "Super Bowl" championships or 12 NFL championships, they boast 12 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - meaning that they were the undisputed WORLD CHAMPIONS in 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996. For the slooooooow out there, that means that nobody disputes that they were the best team in the WORLD in their sport in those years. No team in any country anywhere in the world would dare claim they were better that year. Now, if you want to argue diluted championships like who won a division, have at it. You were the best team among 4 in a division when there were many other teams at the same level that accomplished the same thing... Those teams then must meet at the end of seasons to determine which was the best. You didn't hear the USFL squaking in the '80s that they didn't get a crack at the Super Bowl Champ any more than you didn't hear the same out of the AFL when they were inferior. Until the NFL started playing the AFL in a championship game, nobody doubted who would have won. The AFL wasn't ready for prime time.

You can keep clinging to your semantical argument that the queens won the "NFL" in 1969... Big f'n deal. They weren't WORLD CHAMPIONS - that was the Kansas City Chiefs who - AGAIN - beat down your purple heros to the tune of 23-7.

"NFL" titles, NFC titles, NFC Central titles, NFC North titles... Keep floating those banners in your crapdome... The Packers only care about WORLD titles - our goals seem to be just a bit loftier than your teams'. Of course, when you have never won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, I guess you just gotta get yours wherever you can... Spin the truth and then hope someone buys it and thinks you are better than you really were...
:viksux:

No, that is not what you said. Here let me quote you.

That states that 12 times the Packers won their last game and have 12 Championships for it. Which is not true. In 1930, they lost their second to last game and tied the last game. In 1931 they lost their last game. Now when I point that out you switch up to the "Playoff" line. So now it only counts if there was a playoff game. So which is it? Ah yes, because it's the Packers they get the exception to the rule. Fact is, according to you, the Packers are then the only team in NFL history to lose their last game and still be Champions. A couple of teams have tied the last game and done it, the Staleys, the Akron pros, Providence steam rollers and of course the Packers.
It was 11-12 teams. Depending on which teams came in and which teams folded. And they didn't have to win their last game to be Champs!

Wrong. The AFL and NFL were leagues unto themselves until 1970. They had separate rules, separate commissioners, separate TV contracts. They did not play regular season games against each other. The AFL had the 2 point conversion, the NFL did not. They even had different size balls. That is why to this day any player that played only in the AFL is not eligible for the HOF. Tell me, at what point did the AFL become a league only in name? Had to be 1966 according to you. So the merger in 1970 when they agreed on the rule changes, only having one commissioner, the realignment, merging of TV contracts, the teams that went from the NFL to the AFC, playing regular season games between the AFC/NFC, that was all just what? Semantics?

And then all of a sudden in 1966(the AFL was only 7 years old) they were magically transported to the level of competitive play of the NFL so the Super Bowl, sorry, the "World Championship game" could be played.

And of course when confronted with history you cannot refute, go with the name calling and ****** overtures to get me to back down. And if it's a lie, prove it to me. Show me a headline from a paper that says the Ice bowl was not he NFL Championship game. Show me a link that says there was no NFL Championship games from 1966-1969. Show me a picture of the first 4 Super bowl trophies that say "NFL Championship" on them. You can't. The First 4 say "AFL-NFL World Championship game". Show me how the leagues merged in 1966 instead of 1970. But it's all just a big lie according to you.

I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind. Because I know that your mind is to closed to do it. You don't want to admit the true history of the NFL because then you would have to admit that I am right. And lord pray tell, you have been told all your life that the Vikings have never won anything so it has to be true. After all, your a Packer fan and hence you know NFL history better than anyone else.

All I am doing is putting out the "true" history of the NFL. You chose to accept the "modified" history of the NFL. But for gods' sake, don't be a hypocrite about it. Either you have to win the last game to be a Champion or not, you don't get to qualify that with "in the playoff system". Sucks don't it.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

What I will tell you is that those two terms are mutually exclusive.

If you claim to be a Packer fan but then become a VIQUEEN fan to cheer for one player - son you have no ground to stand on in lecturing about "reasonability."

You don't know or understand what it means to be a TRUE PACKER FAN, because you never were one. You are a favre fan - otherwise you'd still support the Packers!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
keep spinning viking troll. You have nothing. No championships... Zero, zilch, nada... You want to play a game of semantics rather than to interpret something in the spirit in which it was meant to be interpreted. It is all you have. You know exactly what I meant about the Packers' titles yet you want to divert the discussion to semantical ******** because it is all that you have. Spin spin spin little lost viqueen fan in Packer land.

The Packers don't boast 12 "Super Bowl" championships or 12 NFL championships, they boast 12 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - meaning that they were the undisputed WORLD CHAMPIONS in 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996. For the slooooooow out there, that means that nobody disputes that they were the best team in the WORLD in their sport in those years. No team in any country anywhere in the world would dare claim they were better that year. Now, if you want to argue diluted championships like who won a division, have at it. You were the best team among 4 in a division when there were many other teams at the same level that accomplished the same thing... Those teams then must meet at the end of seasons to determine which was the best. You didn't hear the USFL squaking in the '80s that they didn't get a crack at the Super Bowl Champ any more than you didn't hear the same out of the AFL when they were inferior. Until the NFL started playing the AFL in a championship game, nobody doubted who would have won. The AFL wasn't ready for prime time.

You can keep clinging to your semantical argument that the queens won the "NFL" in 1969... Big f'n deal. They weren't WORLD CHAMPIONS - that was the Kansas City Chiefs who - AGAIN - beat down your purple heros to the tune of 23-7.

"NFL" titles, NFC titles, NFC Central titles, NFC North titles... Keep floating those banners in your crapdome... The Packers only care about WORLD titles - our goals seem to be just a bit loftier than your teams'. Of course, when you have never won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, I guess you just gotta get yours wherever you can... Spin the truth and then hope someone buys it and thinks you are better than you really were...
What's really funny is the term "World Championship" It was never used by the NFL prior to the 1966 game. And then it was only used on the trophy for 4 years.

Right, I know exactly what you meant about the Packers titles, your right and I'm wrong.

Funny thing, the Packers are the only team to claim "World Championships" no other team does. They list NFL championships and super Bowls.

I also notice how you don't respond to the losing the last game. Now it's me spinning the truth.

And as for saying no team can claim to be better, truthfully we will never know, because the Packers and other teams played no team from the AFL from 1960 to 1965.

From 1967-1969 the AFL-NFL played 72 exhibition games. The only team not to play in one, the Packers. The AFL won 29, the NFL won 42 and there was 1 tie. Wait, am I spinning more history? Wonder why the Packers refused to play in one. Ummm, maybe the fear of losing. Guess we will never know.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What I will tell you is that those two terms are mutually exclusive.

If you claim to be a Packer fan but then become a VIQUEEN fan to cheer for one player - son you have no ground to stand on in lecturing about "reasonability."

You don't know or understand what it means to be a TRUE PACKER FAN, because you never were one. You are a favre fan - otherwise you'd still support the Packers!!
What are you? The fan police?

Want to hear something really funny, the Packers are my second team. :happy0005:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I also notice how you don't respond to the losing the last game. Now it's me spinning the truth.
Not my problem your reading comprehension skills are sub par spin meister. I stated that in the first 3 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS the dominant professional football league in which the Packers were a member of was one big division and the champion was the team that finished the team with the best record. Clearly, the playoff argument only holds for years when playoffs existed. Of course you KNEW this and chose to spin, or you are too obtuse to know the difference, which wouldn't surprise me based on the ridiculous semantical argument you are trying to sell on behalf of the 1969 Vikings and their fans who desperately need a ***** extender.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Not my problem your reading comprehension skills are sub par spin meister. I stated that in the first 3 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS the dominant professional football league in which the Packers were a member of was one big division and the champion was the team that finished the team with the best record. Clearly, the playoff argument only holds for years when playoffs existed. Of course you KNEW this and chose to spin, or you are too obtuse to know the difference, which wouldn't surprise me based on the ridiculous semantical argument you are trying to sell on behalf of the 1969 Vikings and their fans who desperately need a ***** extender.
I assume you mean the First three Packers NFL Championships that were won by the team with the best record. (For you info, they were not the first to win an NFL Championship.) You also clearly stated that to be the champion you had to win your last game. There was no context as to playoffs as I have pointed out.

And the NFL does not use the term World Championship. Only the Packers and Packer fans do. Even on their website they list NFL Championships and Super Bowls. Kinda like the Cowboys being America's team. It sounds nice.

I'm not the one spinning history and renaming Championships. Show me one link from NFL.com that list the Packers first 3 Championships as "World Championships" as you claim.

And again with the ****** reference. What's up with that?

OP
OP
Purplepeopleeater

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so funny how Vikings fans come to brag about being in the same position we were 2 years ago, while they still haven't achieved squat. And I'm not talking about this season only.

So, to all Vikings fans, if and when you win something, and by something I don't mean divisional titles, or conference titles, you'll still be 11 titles behind us.

And another thing. Your future is Tarvaris Jackson. Your very probable immediate future. Ours? Aaron Rodgers.

Give those little nuggets some thought before you think about any smack talk.

Bah..who cares about the past..frankly I just don't. Be here now. Just sit there and watch us win the Super Bowl...WORD!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
You should know all about the ****** reference. It is why you are here isn't it? You don't have enough so you need to hang with us... I use the term "hang" very loosly for you and your queen fan friends.

Again, you want to misdirect and change topics. Use all the semantics you want. NOBODY - NOBODY disputes that the Green Bay Packers were champions of pro football 12 times. Nobody with a lick of credibility will ever claim the Queens were champions of pro football even once. You can try to spin it to fit your agenda. You can use all the terminlogy you want... The FACT is that in 1969 the champion of PRO FOOTBALL was the Kansas City Chiefs and NOT the Minnyhaha Viqueens. You can cling to an "NFL" championship all you want... If that slight of hand makes you feel like you actually were the champion, good for you... It must suck to be the "fan" of a team that in 50 years has not once been the champion of pro football (aka World Champion)... It is funny watching your envy manifest itself with your obsession with the Packers.

Sort of like how a little boy envies his father for his mother's love... This is the NFL's version of an oedipus complex on full display folks...:viksux:
I assume you mean the First three Packers NFL Championships that were won by the team with the best record. (For you info, they were not the first to win an NFL Championship.) You also clearly stated that to be the champion you had to win your last game. There was no context as to playoffs as I have pointed out.

And the NFL does not use the term World Championship. Only the Packers and Packer fans do. Even on their website they list NFL Championships and Super Bowls. Kinda like the Cowboys being America's team. It sounds nice.

I'm not the one spinning history and renaming Championships. Show me one link from NFL.com that list the Packers first 3 Championships as "World Championships" as you claim.

And again with the ****** reference. What's up with that?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I totally agree. Anyone who post **** like this is no Packers fan.

Originally Posted by Hauschild
I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers

But like I pointed out in another thread.

Just Click here to ignor anything this troll has to say.
http://www.packerforum.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=3334
Unfortunantly when someone quotes what he is spewing it will still show up. So if enough people ignor the troll, no one will see anything to quote!:happy0005::viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You should know all about the ****** reference. It is why you are here isn't it? You don't have enough so you need to hang with us... I use the term "hang" very loosly for you and your queen fan friends.

Again, you want to misdirect and change topics. Use all the semantics you want. NOBODY - NOBODY disputes that the Green Bay Packers were champions of pro football 12 times. Nobody with a lick of credibility will ever claim the Queens were champions of pro football even once. You can try to spin it to fit your agenda. You can use all the terminlogy you want... The FACT is that in 1969 the champion of PRO FOOTBALL was the Kansas City Chiefs and NOT the Minnyhaha Viqueens. You can cling to an "NFL" championship all you want... If that slight of hand makes you feel like you actually were the champion, good for you... It must suck to be the "fan" of a team that in 50 years has not once been the champion of pro football (aka World Champion)... It is funny watching your envy manifest itself with your obsession with the Packers.

Sort of like how a little boy envies his father for his mother's love... This is the NFL's version of an oedipus complex on full display folks...:viksux:
I never said they were the champions of pro football. I said they were NFL Champions. But since you bring it up. Since there were two leagues from 1960 to 1969, and since they only played each other from 1966-69 how can anyone claim to be World Champions of PRO FOOTBALL from 1960-1965? Oh, wait, they, the AFL, really were not qualified to lay any claims because the NFL was the only "true" football league at the time. Do I have that right? I would not want to be accused of spinning anything. So only the teams that played in the NFL at the time, 1960-1965, can claim to be "true" football World Champions. I have that correct? Right?

I don't dispute the fact that Green Bay has 12 NFL titles, Actually they have 12 NFL titles and 2 World Championship titles for a total of 14. But that's my view. Cling to your 12. But I also don't dismiss the teams of the AFL and the titles those teams won from 1960-1969 like you do. Some good things have come from the AFL, things like the WC offense, the two point conversion, players names on the backs of jerseys, coaches like Chuck Noll, John Madden, **** Vermeil and Bill Walsh. It's unfortunate that people who did not live through that time period are so fast to dismiss what went on and the history of the the two leagues during the 1960's. By claiming 12 World Championships the Packers and their fans do that on a regular basis. But I guess that would be more spinning. Right?

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bah..who cares about the past..frankly I just don't. Be here now. Just sit there and watch us win the Super Bowl...WORD!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA if the queens win the super bowl I will leave the packer fanhood. Thats how confident I am that you guys dont really stand a chance. If you can somehow beat the Saints which is a HUGE "if" there is no way in hell your D secondary is gonna be able to hang with the MANning, sorry but it just isnt gonna happen.:viksux:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I never said they were the champions of pro football. I said they were NFL Champions.

Actually what you said and what spawned all this debate was after a poster said that IF by (fat) chance the queens win it this year they'd still be 11 championships behind our 12... Your reply was...

That's 10 titles behind you. If you want, I'll explain it to you at the end of the season.

Nowhere in that post does it say "NFL Champions" it just says you'll "explain" it to them... So, my bad... I mean, since the Packers and their fans measure championships by actually, you know, being the champion of Professional Football (aka World Champion), I just sort of assumed that your team used the same measuring stick... I'll keep it in mind from now on that it doesn't matter to the Queens and their fans if they are actually the best team in Pro Football, they will just act like they were.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
:detsux:
Nowhere in that post does it say "NFL Champions" it just says you'll "explain" it to them... So, my bad... I mean, since the Packers and their fans measure championships by actually, you know, being the champion of Professional Football (aka World Champion), I just sort of assumed that your team used the same measuring stick... I'll keep it in mind from now on that it doesn't matter to the Queens and their fans if they are actually the best team in Pro Football, they will just act like they were.
Like I said, you chose to dismiss the AFL as non-professionals until the 1966 Super Bowl when they magically become equivalent in stature to the NFL. And somehow between the Chiefs final game of the season and the Super Bowl they became equals. As long as you do that your claim of World Champions rings hollow. As with most Packer fans you care only for the history that matters to your team. And what you have been told through the years and not the real history of the NFL in general. Yet you never hesitate to inform others of the importance of the Packers in NFL history.

That is your choice. Keep your 12 "World Championships" as you call them. I will follow the true history of the NFL, the AFL, the merger, and the champions from both leagues.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I never said they were the champions of pro football. I said they were NFL Champions. But since you bring it up. Since there were two leagues from 1960 to 1969, and since they only played each other from 1966-69 how can anyone claim to be World Champions of PRO FOOTBALL from 1960-1965? Oh, wait, they, the AFL, really were not qualified to lay any claims because the NFL was the only "true" football league at the time. Do I have that right? I would not want to be accused of spinning anything. So only the teams that played in the NFL at the time, 1960-1965, can claim to be "true" football World Champions. I have that correct? Right?

I don't dispute the fact that Green Bay has 12 NFL titles, Actually they have 12 NFL titles and 2 World Championship titles for a total of 14. But that's my view. Cling to your 12. But I also don't dismiss the teams of the AFL and the titles those teams won from 1960-1969 like you do. Some good things have come from the AFL, things like the WC offense, the two point conversion, players names on the backs of jerseys, coaches like Chuck Noll, John Madden, **** Vermeil and Bill Walsh. It's unfortunate that people who did not live through that time period are so fast to dismiss what went on and the history of the the two leagues during the 1960's. By claiming 12 World Championships the Packers and their fans do that on a regular basis. But I guess that would be more spinning. Right?

:detsux:Like I said, you chose to dismiss the AFL as non-professionals until the 1966 Super Bowl when they magically become equivalent in stature to the NFL. And somehow between the Chiefs final game of the season and the Super Bowl they became equals. As long as you do that your claim of World Champions rings hollow. As with most Packer fans you care only for the history that matters to your team. And what you have been told through the years and not the real history of the NFL in general. Yet you never hesitate to inform others of the importance of the Packers in NFL history.

That is your choice. Keep your 12 "World Championships" as you call them. I will follow the true history of the NFL, the AFL, the merger, and the champions from both leagues.
As long as you are willing to concede that the Vikings have NEVER finished a season as the champions of professional football I think I have proven my point. As long as you are willing to concede that of the Packers' 12 titles they have never once been disputed or contested as the champion of professional football in any of those years while in 1969, the "championship" you claim your team accomplished was more than contested, it was obliterated. So, in uncontested professional championships, the Packers have 12 and your team has zero and nobody gives a damn about anything else. As long as we are square about that, whooohooo, here's to the Minnesota Vikings, 1969 "NFL" champions!!!! Hooraaay... And while we are at it, here is to the Kansas City Chiefs, 1969 champions of professional football, way to go in that 23-7 squeaker... If it was any more convincing Vike fans might actually not be able to claim a championship and keep a straight face...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:detsux:Like I said, you chose to dismiss the AFL as non-professionals until the 1966 Super Bowl when they magically become equivalent in stature to the NFL. And somehow between the Chiefs final game of the season and the Super Bowl they became equals. As long as you do that your claim of World Champions rings hollow. As with most Packer fans you care only for the history that matters to your team. And what you have been told through the years and not the real history of the NFL in general. Yet you never hesitate to inform others of the importance of the Packers in NFL history.

Since it was my post that started it...

What was the formula to win it all? Before there were SBs, it was to win the NFL championship.

After the SBs, it was to win the SB.

Did you win any championships while it was the formula for winning it all? did you win any SBs while it was the formula for winning it all?

When we won the league, despite not winning the last game, what was the formula for winning it?

Saying you won because according to a different formula, you would've is an invalid point IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts