Minnesota Vikings to get Moss back

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a Rumor, but according to CBS and ST. Pual Pioneer Press, Minnesota wants Moss back to avoid bad ticket sales and blackout dates. The trade would be for CB Fred Smoot and a possible draft pick.

I was actually kinda hoping we would get him. The free agency is not looking very good with receivers and another rookie WR may not help this coming year. I believe we could actually be a playoff team with the right people next year. So who do we get as a WR?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I would want Moss around to screw up Jackson's head.

What the hell, may as well get Culpepper back as well, seeing as he is the only QB that can throw to him.

btw, this should be in NFL news.........don't want to contaminate the "hallowed and storied" Packer news forum. :rotflmao:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What the hell, may as well get Culpepper back as well, seeing as he is the only QB that can throw to him.

btw, this should be in NFL news.........don't want to contaminate the "hallowed and storied" Packer news forum. :rotflmao:

YOU sound depressed Vikefan... I would be too if Moss came back.
Are the Vikings really THAT desperate?

And you are right! It really SHOULD be in a Vikes forum.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:

YOU sound depressed Vikefan... I would be too if Moss came back.
Are the Vikings really THAT desperate?

And you are right! It really SHOULD be in a Vikes forum.
Hi Obi1! How are ya!
No, never depressed over football.....just don't see the point of returning to something that didn't bring us the big enchilada!
Moss is older, slower and chronically injured with that hamstring......but still carries the crappy attitude. Don't see how that would help.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i heard this rumor some time near the end of the regular season, but i doubt the vikings will get him and i also doubt that we will get him. it would be like a dream come true if he was on the packers.

my personal opinion is that we will be almost unstopable on o if we get moss and if favre comes back.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you actually think Jackson is the QB of the future for Minnesota? He's not going to be, in my mind. They need a QB in this draft.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you actually think Jackson is the QB of the future for Minnesota? He's not going to be, in my mind. They need a QB in this draft.
SHHHH! Don't tell them! Maybe they will stick with the guy!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Queens would be making a huge mistake bringing him back. The Packers would be making an even bigger mistake if they picked him up.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair. Moss in Green Bay will be one of your dreams that will not come true. It just not going to happen!!!!! Moss back with the Vikings. I doubt "Ziggy" (Vikings's owner)will allow a deal like that!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest rumor I have heard was Moss to Atlanta along with Porter and their #1 for Vick.

Just an NFL rumor mill thing I heard with as much basis as anything else we have heard.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Moss going to the Vikings would not surprise me. He was very upset he did not get to 'entertain' them during a game. I think it was a pre season game. He caught one pass for 16 yards then was pulled out. He wanted to put on a show for the Vikings, atleast that's how I read his comments at the time. I (after reading those comments) felt he wanted to be back in a Vikings uniform.

He also said something about not wearing 84 again because that was the 'Vikings chapter' or something.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The latest rumor I have heard was Moss to Atlanta along with Porter and their #1 for Vick.

Just an NFL rumor mill thing I heard with as much basis as anything else we have heard.

Atlanta released a statement this morning saying they are sticking with Vick

I heard this on ESPN Radio about 20 minutes ago.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Moss OK with fans, but not with Vikings
By Sid Hartman, Star Tribune
Last update: August 15, 2006 – 12:02 AM

Randy Moss, wearing an Oakland uniform and still loved by the Metrodome crowd that cheered him with the Vikings, caught only one pass Monday night in the Raiders' 16-13 preseason victory and appeared upset when taken out of the game in the second quarter.

Moss made it clear he has no love for the Vikings organization that traded him after seven years when he wanted to stay here.

"It actually feels good," Moss said of his return when interviewed on the sideline Monday. "It's no different. It was good to see the fans and feel the love. I'm cool with the fans.

"But to hell with the organization. I'm still mad at them. I wanted to really stay.

"They change uniforms, change shoes and bring a defense in, and they wouldn't do that stuff when I was here. The organization can go to hell. As far as the state, and the fans, I still have love for them."

Moss said injuries played a big part in his disappointing 2005 season, when he had 60 catches for 1,005 yards and eight touchdowns.

"I tried to stay in there and hang in there for the team," he said. "It was a long offseason. I tried to get myself back to 100 percent, and now I'm ready to go."

Moss said he and Daunte Culpepper could have built a dynasty here, and now they are both gone and the Vikings will be the ones who suffer. Culpepper is now with the Miami Dolphins.

Moss, drafted by the Vikings in 1998, said he plans to sell his house here because "it's time for me to sell, and get out of Minnesota."

Asked what he thought of the Vikings' performance, he said: "They need to go back [to camp] and do a little more work."

McCombs' fault

The story has been told before about the conversation Vikings General Manager Jim Finks and his new coach, Bud Grant, had in 1967 as they went over the team's personnel.

The team Grant inherited included a bunch of malcontents, not the best players from a character standpoint. The Vikings had gone 4-9-1 under Norm Van Brocklin the year before.

At this meeting, Finks would mention reasons Grant might not want to keep the player, and each time Grant would ask, "Can he play?"

And if Finks said yes, then Grant would answer, "It's my job to handle that situation."

Well, as I look back, the worst trade ever made by the Vikings was the one last year that sent Moss to Oakland.

Yes, one thing about Moss: He could play. He was ranked as one of the top receivers in the league and gave headaches to every defensive coordinator who tried to defend against him.

Sure, Moss did some stupid things. But not only did he produce on the field, he also sold a lot of tickets. In fact, the team sold out every home game from the day he took the field. They didn't have to run ads in the newspaper to sell five-game packages the way they do now.

If you want to blame someone for the trade, blame former owner Red McCombs.

McCombs made a silly statement when he said that he had to either fire coach Mike Tice or trade Moss. McCombs said he chose to trade Moss.

The only reasons McCombs traded Moss were money, money and money.

Under the eight-year contract Moss signed with the Vikings in July 2001, he was due $7.25 million in 2005, $8.25 million in '06, $8.75 million in '07 and $11.25 million in '08.

Without Moss, Culpepper and even Nate Burleson, the Vikings don't have the big names that sell tickets. Right now, you can buy tickets for every game except the Packers game.

So now it's down to "just win, baby." This Vikings team doesn't have the attractions it had before, and there is more pressure on new coach Brad Childress to win.

I'll say one thing about Moss. When I quoted him as saying, "I play when I want to play," he could have told the media from coast to coast that he was misquoted. But he stood up and said that was exactly what he said.

Davis likes Moss

Al Davis, the man who runs the Raiders, has no regrets about making the trade for Moss.

Davis has never passed up the challenge of handling a player who might not have the best behavior as long as that player could play. And normally Davis can straighten that player out. And by the way, you didn't see Moss get in any trouble last season.

Volatile Moss rips Vikings, Shell
BOB SANSEVERE
Posted on Tue, Aug. 15, 2006

Randy Moss didn't torch the Vikings during the game. He did it afterward.

"To hell with them," he said.

He piped up with that right after saying he "wanted to come in and see the fans and give them something to really scream about because I've had my fun here in this Metrodome, and they've had theirs, too."

The only screaming for Moss came during Monday night's pregame introductions. He got what he often got during his tenure with the Vikings. A big cheer.

"It makes me feel good to know that I'm still loved here (despite) the bad blood that kind of spilled when I left," Moss said.

This will be his second season with the Oakland Raiders, but you can tell it still gnaws at his innards that the Vikings traded him.

"From an organization standpoint, I had no care, no feelings, nothing for the Vikings organization. What they did is what they did," he said after his first game against the Vikings since being traded. "When the trade went down, there was a lot of smoke and air that couldn't be cleared up right away. There were a lot of people shying away from questions and answers. One thing I didn't have was an answer of why it happened. I kept asking why it happened, but I never got an answer."

Moss was in search for other answers Monday night after the Raiders' 16-13 victory over the Vikings.

He was perturbed that Raiders coach Art Shell took him out of the game for good after his first and only catch of the game, a 16-yard reception that came three plays into Oakland's fourth possession.

"I was just more (ticked) off. I've never in my career been taken out of a (preseason) game during a drive," Moss said. "Really, I'm going to keep that in-house because it kind of (ticked) me off for me to be taken out during a series."

If that's his idea of keeping it in-house, what would he have said if he felt like unloading on Shell?

It was vintage Moss.

"I wasn't even in the flow of the game. Just by them throwing me a couple of balls doesn't mean I'm in the flow of the game," Moss said. "He made a decision. He's the head coach. I've got to live with it."

It was that type of insubordination that frayed his relationship with former Vikings coach Mike Tice and brought about the trade to Oakland.

Say this about Moss, though. He sounded sincere when he talked about how much he appreciated Vikings fans.

"All offseason and once we start counting down for me coming back to the Metrodome, there was a little nervousness, but excitement at the same time," Moss said. "It was an overwhelming welcome I received, but it felt good."

During the game, Moss offered a couple of snapshots of what it used to be like at the Metrodome, only this time, he was wearing No. 18 for the Raiders. Not No. 84 for the Vikings.

He went deep down the right sideline and out-leaped a defensive back to catch a 40-yard pass. The only thing is, he landed out of bounds.

"I knew the ball was going out," Moss said. "I wanted to try to get my feet down and make that catch."

Two plays later, he caught that 16-yard pass for a first down. That was early in the second quarter. And that's what set off his impromptu scolding of his coach.

"There were some times there we were stopped or we stopped ourselves," Moss said. "There were just some things that we did wrong from a football standpoint and from a coaching standpoint."

Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall that first time Shell talks to Moss after Shell sees some of these comments?

Moss has a history of giving headaches to coaches, opposing as well as his own.

Zygi Wilf didn't own the Vikings when Moss was traded. I ran into Wilf before the game, so I had to ask:

"Would Moss be with the Vikings today if it was up to you?"

I didn't really expect a tantalizing response, and Wilf didn't disappoint.

"I'm happy where we are right now," he said.

Despite his shots at Shell, Moss claims to be happy where he is, too. He also claims to be happy with some of the memories he accumulated while with the Vikings.

"What I did here is something that I'll take to my grave," he said.

I stand corrected.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers could always trade for Mike Williams if they need a receiver that bad. LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers could always trade for Mike Williams if they need a receiver that bad. LOL
Yeah!!! And maybe we could trade Ted Thompson for Matt Millen while we're at it!!!LOLOL!!! :thumbsup:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some of those trades are scary millien yikes i know its a joke but yikes
Yes, it WAS just sarcasm, so don't let it keep you awake at night! LOLOLOL!!!
I figure to all the TT haters, just think, we COULD be stuck with MILLEN!!!
(Although i think Bob Harlan would have jettisoned him LONG ago.......not like the Lions! I can't help but wonder WHY Detroit holds onto that guy! Are they figuring that the odds are in their favor, that he has all the bad decisions behind him now?)

Members online

Latest posts