Mike Vick

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ronnie Mexico is another attempt by the Falcons/league/media to make up for past transgressions against black QBs. Period! Before him, it was Daunte Culpepper....a guy who, thankfully, will never again have his name used in the same sentence as "elite QB". These guys do a disservice to the other QBs of color in the league....who receive scrutiny they probably should not....due the the obvious media-driven inflation of performance fans witness in cases like Vick and Culpepper.

Around the league, there are QBs who perform with WRs of comparable caliber of those Ronnie has had for 8 years now. And yet, when Ronnie fails, the team and media, in particular, assign blame to his WRs, O Coordinator, O-line, et al.

David Carr played behind one of the year-in, year-out worst O-lines in the league....and took a yearly beating that would leave most of us curled up and crying for Mommy....and he is ridiculed and the butt of jokes by pundits...the same pundits who predominately keep making excuses for Ronnie. Notice the difference in treatment?

I will be happy when his sad, dog fighting *******, is out of the league; squandering his fortune; and running with his boys....broke and pitiful.

But, that is just me......

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]I don´t care a what a player does in his private life, but if he does something illigeal or are spuspected for doing something that´s against the law then he should have a trial. But as long as it´s still rumors and nothing can be proved then I don´t see why people should want him suspended and in jail when nothing´s proven yet. [/align]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]I don´t care a what a player does in his private life, but if he does something illigeal or are spuspected for doing something that´s against the law then he should have a trial. But as long as it´s still rumors and nothing can be proved then I don´t see why people should want him suspended and in jail when nothing´s proven yet. [/align]
Although it might be considered "rumors" right now, there is alot of indisputable evidence. There were alot of dead dogs on HIS property, and dog fighting tools only used in dog fighting (i know they found one they said is used specificly to pry the jaws open on a dog) so its fact that this did happen. The dog fights did happen there. And it IS his property. He has a responsibility to know what goes on on his property.
I think too often star atheletes get a pass when they do bad things. Look at OJ Simpson. Does anyone really believe he didn't kill his ex wife and Ron Goldman? Yes, he was found "not guilty", but the jury (pardon the expression) "dropped the ball" in that case. I watched alot of the trial, and it became obvious that OJ got away with murder.
If the evidence shows that Vick knew what was going on, THEN they should prosecute him 100% for it. I don't care WHO the guy is, if he was involved, nail him. If he is in fact innocent, whipe his slate claen, period.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch said:
Although it might be considered "rumors" right now, there is alot of indisputable evidence. There were alot of dead dogs on HIS property, and dog fighting tools only used in dog fighting (i know they found one they said is used specificly to pry the jaws open on a dog) so its fact that this did happen. The dog fights did happen there. And it IS his property. He has a responsibility to know what goes on on his property.
I think too often star atheletes get a pass when they do bad things. Look at OJ Simpson. Does anyone really believe he didn't kill his ex wife and Ron Goldman? Yes, he was found "not guilty", but the jury (pardon the expression) "dropped the ball" in that case. I watched alot of the trial, and it became obvious that OJ got away with murder.
If the evidence shows that Vick knew what was going on, THEN they should prosecute him 100% for it. I don't care WHO the guy is, if he was involved, nail him. If he is in fact innocent, whipe his slate claen, period.

[align=left]I can agree with you on that, famous people get away with things to easily when they are found guilty. If Vick is found guilty then he´s stupid to destroy his career like that[/align]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree........throwing everything away so that he could watch animals kill each other. It's a sick world we live in.
I really hope he's innocent............but i don't think he is.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]It´s strange that Vick has not become better as QB and person, he was the 1st pick in round one when he was drafted and was elected as the rookie of the year and all that. Strange and a lil bit sad...[/align]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]It´s strange that Vick has not become better as QB and person, he was the 1st pick in round one when he was drafted and was elected as the rookie of the year and all that. Strange and a lil bit sad...[/align]
My findings have been, that USUALLY if a person is a good person, they stay that way. Same if they are not. Vick has remained Vick. Just being in a high profile position hasn't changed him for the good or bad as i see it. He's the same.

OnionKnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree........throwing everything away so that he could watch animals kill each other. It's a sick world we live in.
I really hope he's innocent............but i don't think he is.

he isnt innocent, everybody knows it. the verdict is still out, but how the hell can he have 50+ dead dogs , kennels, etc on his property and not know about it? furthermore some anonymous people came forth and said he was a major player in a dog fighting ring. I dont know.... looks like he is got his back against the wall with this. But what will be interesting is how the commish deals with this. he IS a superstar in the league, like it or not, he puts butts in seats in atlanta. What will the commish do? if he suspends him, there go the falcons, and a LOT of fans buying tix. Very different than Pokemon Jones.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's innocent either, but i wouldn't pass judgement because i haven't seen the evidence myself. I only have seen what i read on the web or see on TV. If i was on the jury in this case, i would want to see all the evidence.
So i will leave it up to those who have access to the truth in this. I think he's guilty, but i don't know for certain.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's innocent either, but i wouldn't pass judgement because i haven't seen the evidence myself. I only have seen what i read on the web or see on TV. If i was on the jury in this case, i would want to see all the evidence.
So i will leave it up to those who have access to the truth in this. I think he's guilty, but i don't know for certain.

Cheesey, do you think O.J. was innocent?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons have not had alot of luck at the QB position the last 15 or so years. They let the Pack steal Favre from them. Then they had the Jeff George blow up on the sideline, followed by his benching. Then in 2001 they traded the 5th pick of the draft and some other picks to the Chargers to get the number 1 pick. With that pick they took Michael Vick. With the 5th pick the Chargers took Ladanian Tomlinson.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Uh....gee.....I don't know.....the glove didn't REALLY fit..........

No, i think he was guilty. From the evidence i saw during the trial on TV, i would say he literally got away with murder. I don't see HOW the so called "jury" could let that scum bag go.
I don't think Vick is innocent either. I think he's guilty. But i'm just not in a position to say for 100% sure, ONLY because i don't have access to the evidence. I saw enough in the OJ case to say he was guilty and got away with it.
I'm waiting to see what evidence will be shown to prove Vick was as involved as they say he was.
I DO think he was into it completly, but am being fair in waiting to hopefully see what the DA has.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

No, i think he was guilty. From the evidence i saw during the trial on TV, i would say he literally got away with murder. I don't see HOW the so called "jury" could let that scum bag go.
I don't think Vick is innocent either. I think he's guilty. But i'm just not in a position to say for 100% sure, ONLY because i don't have access to the evidence. I saw enough in the OJ case to say he was guilty and got away with it.
I'm waiting to see what evidence will be shown to prove Vick was as involved as they say he was.
I DO think he was into it completly, but am being fair in waiting to hopefully see what the DA has.

You believe in Due Process. That is good. There have been many people get away with murder including O.J. On the flip side there have been many innocent people falsely convicted.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

You believe in Due Process. That is good. There have been many people get away with murder including O.J. On the flip side there have been many innocent people falsely convicted.
Thank you Vike4life!
I think some think that because i'm not yet calling for Vick's head means I think he's innocent. I think he's guilty, but i personally have not seen the proof yet. So i won't pass judgement till I see what the evidence shows. I KNOW the stuff they found on his property, so that much is already known. And I don't believe that this could be going on on HIS property with him having no knowledge. But i want the legal system to do it's job and find him guilty on the proof they have. THEN i will call for his head!!!

It's true that some innocent people have been incarcerated. It's unfortunate that our legal system is not perfect. With DNA and such, it's getting alot better though.
A guy in Wisconsin was found guilty of a **** that DNA proved he didn't commit 18 years after he was sent to prison. They let him out, and he brutally ***** and murdered a woman. So much for justice.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
cheesey said:
vike4life said:
cheesey said:

Thank you Vike4life!
I think some think that because i'm not yet calling for Vick's head means I think he's innocent. I think he's guilty, but i personally have not seen the proof yet. So i won't pass judgement till I see what the evidence shows. I KNOW the stuff they found on his property, so that much is already known. And I don't believe that this could be going on on HIS property with him having no knowledge. But i want the legal system to do it's job and find him guilty on the proof they have. THEN i will call for his head!!!

It's true that some innocent people have been incarcerated. It's unfortunate that our legal system is not perfect. With DNA and such, it's getting alot better though.
A guy in Wisconsin was found guilty of a **** that DNA proved he didn't commit 18 years after he was sent to prison. They let him out, and he brutally ***** and murdered a woman. So much for justice.

I remember reading about that in the paper. The girl went there to take a photo of a car for a magazine. That was terrible. I hope he burns in hell. Some sins are unforgiveable.

With all the publicity the Vick case is getting I don't know how they will ever find an impartial jury.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup......that was the story. The lady went to his place to take the photos, and never returned.

yeah.......the only way they will find an impartial jury is if they put his teammates on the jury. Even then i don't know if he can beat the rap.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can a man do such a thing?...
I can't answer that. Anyone with a conscience wouldn't do that to another human being. But obviouly this sicko doesn't care WHAT he does to others. He even brought his nephew in to help **** and kill her. A real nice Uncle, hey?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch said:
How can a man do such a thing?...
I can't answer that. Anyone with a conscience wouldn't do that to another human being. But obviouly this sicko doesn't care WHAT he does to others. He even brought his nephew in to help **** and kill her. A real nice Uncle, hey?

Do you have the death penalty in Wisconsin? This is definately one that deserves it. I am thinking there is no death penalty because Dahmer got killed in General Population. If he would have been on death row he never would have been in the General Population.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kinda harsh, but I agree with it.
His playing football for the Falcons is not based on his inalienable rights.

Here's the 'right' that matters: Vick should sit in '07

"...Don't give me "due process." Look around you. Do you see a court of law? Do you see a judge, a jury, a lawyer, a bailiff? The NFL is not the U.S. judicial system, and for the sake of this argument, Michael Vick is not a defendant. He's a football player who has been accused of something so serious, something so heinous, that the NFL cannot in good faith allow him to represent the most popular sports league in this country.

Don't give me "innocent until proven guilty." Michael Vick has no inalienable right to play football this season or any season for the Atlanta Falcons. Our colonial militia didn't throw tea in the Boston Harbor so Michael Vick, some 230 years later, could play football for the Falcons. U.S. soldiers have not died in wars all over the world, and are not dying right now in the Middle East, so Michael Vick can throw a football.

Don't give me "the presumption of innocence." The NFL isn't deciding whether Vick will spend the rest of his life behind bars. The NFL only has to decide whether Vick should, or should not, be allowed to play while the most sordid sports story in years plays out..."

Link for full article

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally believe Vick is finished in the NFL, regardless of the outcome of his indictment. There have already been enough fans in Atlanta that have threatened to boycott the Falcons if Vick is allowed to play (in the event that the Commissioner does not expand his suspension past training camp). In a billion dollar industry, I cannot see an owner willing to risk losing a sustantial amount of profit to keep an overrated QB on the field. Furthermore if convicted, Vick will be suspended via the new player conduct policy regardless as to whether he is incarcerated or not. With Goodell handing out suspensions left and right for much less heinous offences, I can't see Vick escaping league sanctions even if he only receives a slap on the wrist during his trial.

The other side of this case that no one is discussing yet is the gambling. If Vick was betting money on these fights, he is in direct violation of the leagues anti-gambling policy. Would Commissioner Goodell or Arthur Blank want to risk placing the outcome of the game in the hands of a man who may or may not see nothing wrong with dropping a few thousand of his opponent some Sunday afternoon?

If you ask me, Vick has already taken the last snap of his NFL career.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few things I've heard here and there about this:

-The FBI isn't a big fan of losing in court, and have something like a 94% conviction rate when they indict someone. They apparently will not indict anyone until they have one hell of a solid case against them.

-Arthur Blank already wanted to drop the 4 game suspension he was able to on Vick, but Goodell stepped in and told him not to take any action yet. Blank also "had a good mind" to outright release Vick when information started coming out.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here or not, sorry if so...in a bit of a hurry here and don't quite have the time to check the thread right now.

Members online

Latest posts