MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE...

pkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...!

Sherman is a good play caller but not at the end of this one. I would have liked to see a pass since Ahman is out and we had not been able to run at all the 2nd half. Passing the ball, we were extremely effective minus the couple of passes by Bret. Sherman was playing for a tie and we had no momentum to take into OT. It was a bad call.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i can't sort thru 4 pages of the same crap, but here's my 2 cents. you can't blame a whole game on a draw call on 3rd and 3. i would've rather seen favre get the chance to throw, even a shovel or screen. having said that, you don't play for a tie, but you also don't take a shot at the end zone when you are in fg range to tie. the team has a lot more problems than a couple bad play calls. to come on here and call for mike sherman to be shot just show your level of maturity. if you're gonna argue a pt, don't come on here with, sherman should be shot cuz he's a pu$$y.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was a terrible call. We were rarely effective running the ball all game long, and we were extremely effective passing. So what does Sherman call? A run.

As far as the comment that he called the plays when the Pack made 17 points in the first half, I thought we were too conservative early on as well. The play that got the Pack finally rolling was the long pass to Ferguson.

Unless if there's a miracle turnaround this season, Sherman is gone.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At 1-4 you don't play for a tie, you play for the win. There is no spirit or emotion on this team, none. Now go look at your head coach and tell me when you see any emotion with this guy? I'm so tired of people defending this guy. He's awful.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I remember Lindy Infante ran alot of draw plays the year he was fired. I makes zero sense to run a draw play when you have a hall of fame, 3 time MVP, stud QB who was playing a great game. Farve should have (and I bet he is kicking himself now) changed the play to a pass. Add to this Longwell already missed 2 FG's (so a FG is not a lock), and it was very poor game Mgmt.

Sherman just got his *** handed to him by Mike "Friggin" Tice HOW EMBARRASING!!! :thumbsup: . At least Sherman is making TT's decision easy.

1-4 record, sudden death (so you dont know if you will even touch the ball in OT, playing the Vikings in the Dome, and you had a chance to BEAT THEM! YOU RUN A DRAW!!!??? :?: - GUTLESS!!!

P.S. Carroll makes T-BUCK look like Deion Sanders

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers haven't been able to run the ball period this year, so why would you try to run it with your 3rd string back who has already shown that he has been ineffective.
That was truely a bad call but not the only bad call. Whoever was calling the offensive plays got too conservative and was playing "not to lose".
On the D side of the ball Ahmad Carrol looked terrible time and time again.
I'm tired of watching him whine to the refs when he gets burned.
Even though I'm leaning more now toward getting rid of Sherman, I hope nobody shoots him or his dog.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:
The Packers haven't been able to run the ball period this year,...

Does everyone forget Davenport was having a monster game before he broke his ankle?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:
RABID,

Who didn't know what the f*** to do in the second half when the Vikings figured him out...

NUMBER ONE HERE........

I'm reaal tired of the "name calling"..... YOU LISTENIN'..?

Just knock it the sam-he|| off.....

If you can't say it with football talk, then stop posting til you figure it out.....

Except for you - this Board has a high level of integrity towards one another...
I, (for one), would like it to stay that way..... So how about it?

Pack66 - your points can have the ability to show merit - and at times, I wholly agree with you... everyone's seen my postings... BUT -----

If all you have the power or ability to do... is label people - I'd rather you take a sabatical and quit the postings all together...

There's absolutely NO call for that kind of dis-respect amongst fellow DIEHARD Packerfans.... If they were a fan of a different team, then I might say differently.... but, probably not!

And what's more - at your age, son - you damn well know it!

I like the direction this Forum is headed in.... and you are a main contributor (at this point) as to why it could possibly NOT make it there....

If you cannot post stats or cite plays to prove your point - then post NO COMMENT...
Others will get the hint....

I'd (friggin') appreciate it! (Geez!)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mike Sherman just isn't working, we aren't winning games, and the coach is ALWAYS responsible, it is HIS job to win, and it is HIS responsibillity, and HE is ALWAYS the one getting the blame, and now he has to face it, and find a new job for next year.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
Mike Sherman just isn't working, we aren't winning games, and the coach is ALWAYS responsible, it is HIS job to win, and it is HIS responsibillity, and HE is ALWAYS the one getting the blame, and now he has to face it, and find a new job for next year.

I do believe that the majority of this Board was in agreement about Sherman NOT getting that Contract extension UNTIL AFTER the Season was over.... MAKE HIM EARN IT FIRST..!

This is beginning to smell very much like the Darren Sharper BIG contract scenario!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sherman was "removed" as GM. Given the players that he has to work with it would be difficult for any coach to deal with.

Fox in Carolina did very well with their injury problems last year.

4 of the losses by a total of 9 points is not dooms day. 2 touchdowns worth of points and the team is 5-1.

Look for roll outs with passes to the backs, and TE's. The Eagles hardly run and remain competitive with a good defense. At one point they threw 22 times in a row without a run.

The Packers remain competitive. If they lose the remaining 10 games by less than 3 touchdowns I would not be as angry at Sherman as some on this board.

It is not that bad.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...or at least his dog

IPB..

Point taken..had about a twelve pack in me..and was hoppin' mad....

BUT...for the record...

the ******* comment was directed at Sherman, not another poster on this board...

(this guy drives me to drink...he's terrible...can't these people see that?)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...or at least his dog

P@ck66 said:
IPB..

BUT...for the record...

the ******* comment was directed at Sherman, not another poster on this board...

Well ---- If that's truly the case, then I stand corrected.....
BUT - let's be more clear on those comments and who they are directed at.
There should be no option to mis-understand.....

Trust me - the quality of this Forum is exactly what is making it - into something great!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

IPBprez said:
GakkofNorway said:

I do believe that the majority of this Board was in agreement about Sherman NOT getting that Contract extension UNTIL AFTER the Season was over.... MAKE HIM EARN IT FIRST..!

This is beginning to smell very much like the Darren Sharper BIG contract scenario!

I think it was a good idea to get it out of the way before the season started. The guaranteed portion I'm not exactly 'fond' of.

I'm gonna put my faith in TT that he did this for a reason and felt we had the cap space available to 'ditch' out on.

I would for some reason or another like to see Pete Carroll here.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...or at least his dog should

Not me - Pete Carroll got away with one against Notre Dame.

I'd take Charlie Weis - in a new york minute!
Rumor has it - he may only be at ND, for just this year, too!
The buy out clause at ND is only 1.5 mil.... think about it!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IPBPrez said:
I'm reaal tired of the "name calling"..... YOU LISTENIN'..?

Just knock it the sam-he|| off.....

If you can't say it with football talk, then stop posting til you figure it out.....

Thank you. Not even directing this at anyone in particular, good post. Everyone here is here because we support the same team. We don't need personal insults against eachother, we have enough drama on the field. (Be happy it's not as bad off the field like the love boat).

P@ck66 said:
IPB..

BUT...for the record...

Fair Enough - Thank you!

IPBPrez said:
BUT - let's be more clear on those comments and who they are directed at.
There should be no option to mis-understand.....

Again - thank you.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

IPBprez said:

that'd rock ... id much rather Weis but i think we need a .... i was gonna say a defensive minded HC but we got Bates so ... crap there goes my train of thought.

Weis and Bates I think would be excellent, but would Bates wanna stick around as the DC here with no chance of being the HC? My thought was he came here with hopes he'd be the HC in a year or two.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

i guess should have said.."horse-whipped"..it's just a figure of speech you know...

Didn't realize that you were so PC...(nuanced and sensitive)

(i guess you're one of those sensitive, new age guys..so i'll take that into consideration so i don't hurt anyone's "feelings" here...)

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if we could trade Ahmad Carroll for Pete Carroll? That would be a good trade. We get a good coach and Ahmad goes back to college where he belongs

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

that'd rock ... id much rather Weis but i think we need a .... i was gonna say a defensive minded HC but we got Bates so ... crap there goes my train of thought.

Weis and Bates I think would be excellent, but would Bates wanna stick around as the DC here with no chance of being the HC? My thought was he came here with hopes he'd be the HC in a year or two.

Now - we're getting into some interesting speculation.....

Pending what ever private agreement, or heads up, Jim Bates was given at Contract time... and I'm not he was given any,.. just thinkin' this through.... I wouldn't be surprised at all, that given the opportunity to bring in a Charlie Weis type... as the new HC - with an EXPLOSIVE offensive mindset... I don't think Jim Bates would take it the wrong way....

One thing is for sure - Charlie Weis is not leaving Notre Dame without it being a Head Coaching position in the NFL - He'll not take another OC chair... it's just not gonna happen!

Options to think about - heads to chop off.... all in a day's work...!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

IPBprez said:
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

Now - we're getting into some interesting speculation.....

Pending what ever private agreement, or heads up, Jim Bates was given at Contract time... and I'm not he was given any,.. just thinkin' this through.... I wouldn't be surprised at all, that given the opportunity to bring in a Charlie Weis type... as the new HC - with an EXPLOSIVE offensive mindset... I don't think Jim Bates would take it the wrong way....

One thing is for sure - Charlie Weis is not leaving Notre Dame without it being a Head Coaching position in the NFL - He'll not take another OC chair... it's just not gonna happen!

Options to think about - heads to chop off.... all in a day's work...!

Yeah I just dont know. We really need a good OC or maybe let Brett take over play calling, but he might not do too well either. Worth the risk? I say yes.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is NOT gonna stay glued to Green Bay.

You think he'd sell that plantation of his down in Mississippi?
I wouldn't..... that place is nice - we have pics on our IPB site.

If Brett does anything Sports Related - it'll be as a High School Coach.
He's already said so, a couple of times....

Course, Deanna has a big say in things.. one wonders.... with the Charity thing, and all.

Latest posts