Mike Neal waiting to sign a contract

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Raji saying last year that he was the boss and not the agent, and that he would not miss training camp.

Thing is, I trully believe this kids mean what they say, but it's just that they're way over their head. The first rounds signing is such a business in itself that the players have zero leverage. It's just the agent's interest in maintaining the scale, and trying to get a little more, not for this year, but for the next.

So Neal seems like a really great kid, if you follow him on twitter you'd know he's an outstanding guy (see this: Twitter / Michael Neal: I'm generally a nice guy b ... and consistant citing of the bible), but it's not up to him to be under contract coming TC or not. Working for him is the fact that he wasn't picked in the first, but rather in the 2nd, which is less complicated, because it's less money. But still...

BTW, no, I'm not a religious guy myself, so I don't necessarily think that citing the bible means a guy is good or not, but I'll take that over a live stream of oneself in the shower (Darnell Dockett), and consistant remarks about pot use in twitter (Santonio Holmes) any day of the week.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Raji saying last year that he was the boss and not the agent, and that he would not miss training camp.

Thing is, I trully believe this kids mean what they say, but it's just that they're way over their head. The first rounds signing is such a business in itself that the players have zero leverage. It's just the agent's interest in maintaining the scale, and trying to get a little more, not for this year, but for the next.

So Neal seems like a really great kid, if you follow him on twitter you'd know he's an outstanding guy (see this: Twitter / Michael Neal: I'm generally a nice guy b ... and consistant citing of the bible), but it's not up to him to be under contract coming TC or not. Working for him is the fact that he wasn't picked in the first, but rather in the 2nd, which is less complicated, because it's less money. But still...

BTW, no, I'm not a religious guy myself, so I don't necessarily think that citing the bible means a guy is good or not, but I'll take that over a live stream of oneself in the shower (Darnell Dockett), and consistant remarks about pot use in twitter (Santonio Holmes) any day of the week.

That's true, despite what each player says it's their agents who ultimately decide their destiny to partake in team activities. The contracts are getting signed relatively quickly this season so I'm hoping that everyone makes it into camp without missing too much time. Mike Neal does sound like a down-to-earth guy. Maybe he feuls that much dedication and ethic onto the football field. After the loss of Jolly, it's his job now to step it up.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, no, I'm not a religious guy myself, so I don't necessarily think that citing the bible means a guy is good, but I'll take that over a live stream of oneself in the shower (Darnell Dockett), and consistant remarks about pot use in twitter (Santonio Holmes) any day of the week.
There's definitely nothing wrong with reading and learning the bible.
Mike Neal is a good guy, as you said.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agents only have so much control. The NFLPA really swings the hammer on the rookies to get the maximum out of their contracts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts