Mike Montgomery to visit Vikings

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although it would not surprise me to see TT draft a DL in the first round if a stud DL falls to us, and the top OL are gone.

Jolly has court issues and lacks pass rush, Jenkins has a new contract coming in 2011.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I always wanted to see The new Packers vs some old packers! Maybe we should put the Vikings in our throwbacks next year?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
They can have him. Unless you're one of the best players in franchise history, I don't really care all that much if you go to Minnesota.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Montgomery agrees to join Vikings

Defensive end Michael Montgomery burns to remain a part of the best rivalry in football.The deposed former Packer has agreed to terms with the Vikings, according to Tom Pelissero of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Montgomery played 56 games for the...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings bring in DE Montgomery | StarTribune.com

AHAHAHA i mean seriously has their ever been an instance where a former packer HASN'T been considered by them? No disrespect to Montgomery but the queens are just desperate to get our players.

No offense, but if there's one area we can't really bash Minnesota, it's their D-Line...

I hate it when our fans talk trash without thinking for a second. I mean really, there's other areas of that team to bash, singling out one of the best D-Lines in the league is stupid.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vikings bring in DE Montgomery | StarTribune.com

AHAHAHA i mean seriously has their ever been an instance where a former packer HASN'T been considered by them? No disrespect to Montgomery but the queens are just desperate to get our players.
ACtually yes. The kickers the Packers have gone through since not resigning Longwell. They didn't look at any of them. TT saved a few buck by not signing Longwell and the Pack has gone through how many field goal kickers trying to replace him? 3

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ACtually yes. The kickers the Packers have gone through since not resigning Longwell. They didn't look at any of them. TT saved a few buck by not signing Longwell and the Pack has gone through how many field goal kickers trying to replace him? 3
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Longwell's last season as a Packer wasn't a very good one; on the contrary.

Not only that, but he blamed his poor kicking on the holder, the wind, on pretty much everything but himself.

And he wanted a lot of money.

You're right, we haven't been able to find a proper replacement. But getting rid of him wasn't a bad decision, as it wasn't with Sharper.

The real bad decision was letting Jon Ryan go.

Latest posts