Mike McCarthy

12theTruth

Did McCarthy say that today??

Very close to that. Maybe he didn't use the word "his" but "our" instead. But MM was very adamant that Crosby was the Packers kicker and told the media to "write that down"

I'm sure he is aware of the growing criticism of his placekicker and Mike is bunkering down in his viewpoint that we must stick with Mason as the guy and it spills out in his comments to the media. I just hope his decision to stick with Crosby doesn't have huge negative consequences in the playoffs.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its only by sheer arrogance that McCarthy

I blame that for a lot of the calls... the "trick play punt"... giving John Kuhn the ball on second-and-long... having Crosby kick field goals. A better team would have capitalized on that special teams blunder. There is NO EXCUSE to call that play.

And for who ever plans on posting "maybe the Packers should hire you to tell McCarthy to not call horrible special teams plays in crucial situations". I agree, they should.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get tired of all the McCarthy criticism, but today it's justified.

There's no justification for trying that play up 11 with 7 minutes left. Take the ball and milk that clock.

I'm not saying that play is never okay, but man, understand the situation a little.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrogance, loyalty to his players, whatever. McCarthy is jeopardizing the playoff chances of this team with some very bad decisions both in play-calling and keeping Crosby.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts