Mike McCarthy Health Question

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a heavier Head Coach Mike McCarthy? I just noticed this in his July 31 press conference. He seemed to look heavier and I could hear pronounced breathing over the microphone.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea he has put on the pounds ... look at our last few head coaches they have all put on weight ... minus maybe Ray Rodes ...

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am surprised he put on so much weight considering how stressful his job can be. Oh well, hopefully he starts taking better care of himself.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. McLardy is bigger this year. But that's a good thing, right? He has preached that we should be heavier, stronger on the lines. Maybe he's leading by example...

OP
OP
Fazeman

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I have the highest regard for Coach McCarthy and would naturally like to see him more fit.

I realize one can become overweight and obese for a number of reasons. For the longest time, I neglected my health by overeating. At 5'10", 220 lbs., I definitely reached the obese category. Three reasons inspired me to lose weight; acheive good health, gain a quality sense of wellbeing and finally, to regain the chiselled, aerodynamic look of my youth. I'm happy to say that I reached my goal of 167 lbs a year ago and will never look back.

The pics below were taken when I traveled to Green Bay to see the Packer/Redskins game in Oct. '07. I was roughly 180 lbs at the time and was already feeling good. Still, I continued to walk my weight down to 167. The weather on game day was miserable as well as the Pack's performance in the first half. In the second half, our defense changed their tune and kept the Skins at bay to squeeze out a victory.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game. Went to a rock concert and missed it, but I annoyed the owner of the establishment so much that he put on Bandsports, the channel here in Brazil that was transmitting the game. Charles Woodson saved that day.

OP
OP
Fazeman

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Good work, losing that amount of poundage can be extremely tough.

Once I set the diet in motion and saw real results, I made sure as hell I wouldn't regain it. Coach McCarthy will have his day of reckoning. In the mean time, I'll have to get used to his heavy breathing because the sound makes me want to reach for a breath. That's not good.

I remember that game. Went to a rock concert and missed it, but I annoyed the owner of the establishment so much that he put on Bandsports, the channel here in Brazil that was transmitting the game. Charles Woodson saved that day.

When CW nabbed that ball, I jumped sky-high. By the way, good work on that owner. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta due.

Members online

Latest posts