Mike Holmgren

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the man. He brought me happiness and I have a Super Bowl memory becuase of him.

I do not like him for the way he left the Packers.

I am torn here....

Do I want him to win today and take the city of Seattle and their fans to the wonderful two weeks and 60 minutes of being in the Super Bowl?

Do I want him to lose today by a last second touchdown, and yell at the T.V. "There you go Holmmy! That will teach you to desert the Packers!"?

Thinking..... Thinking.... Thinking....

Ya! It is confirmed... I want him to lose.

Not becuase I do not like him, but becuase the Seahawk football fans are not a group of people I admire. They are fair weather fans, they are pompus when they are winning and non supporters when they are losing.

Go Jake! Go Panthers!

R.P.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Mike Holmgren nothing but the best, and believe the seahawks will take the superbowl.

I could never blame a man for trying to better himself.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the seahawks, but want them to win, cuz a Panthers|Steelers SB would not be exciting at all to me.

But if they lose...i wont cry. games about to start.

go Seahawks(for this week)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I hate the seahawks, but want them to win, cuz a Panthers|Steelers SB would not be exciting at all to me.

But if they lose...i wont cry. games about to start.

go Seahawks(for this week)

Really? I think a Steelers/Panthers SB would be fun to watch. Two really physical teams going after each other with some players on a roll on both sides of the ball. I would love to see how Steve Smith could fare against that Steelers D. I'd also like to see if Big Ben could hang in there against Peppers and the boys on D as well. Anyway, I'm hoping for Carolina-Pitt in 2 weeks.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks score the first touchdown. Typically, Holmgren usually the pass to set up the run. Some just couldn't figure that outl

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if only the #1 ranked bears woulda thought to put more than 1 guy on steve smith.

Lovie smith was too busy keeping his leather jacket shiny last sunday though.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....horrible call.

No way you pick up the flag on the block in the back on the punt. Obvious 2 hands in the back.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon RP...

You really want to justify Sherman's existence in GB by rooting against Holmgren..

And as much as you don't want to admit it.... SherRossley had failed....and failed miserably...

And Chick..the one that you should feel is a traitor is Wolf and Harlan..because they stabbed Holmgren in the back...and hired an incompetent TE's coach to squander 6 years of Brett Favre's career...

If Holmgren would have stayed..Favre would have 3 SB rings by now..and every record in the book...

and to all of you people who are harping on Favre for an answer.....

Why should he come back unless he's going to get some answers and some guarantees from the Packer Administration about what their plans are for the future?

It is TT who has to justify himself to Favre and the GB Packer fans about just what his intentions are for this organization....!

Favre is the guy who can deliver (and has delivered) championship titles to the GB Packers...as far as I know...TT hasn't done sh*t for the GB Packer organization yet....

Who do you think owes the justification?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13 years, 1 super bowl ring

we shoulda been serious contenders these last 4-5 years, but sherman let us 1 and out most of the time, and wasted the last years of favres career.

now TT is giving favre the weapons(like, an actual defense, as well as creative offensive minds, not Bland schemes that a high schooler could run) so hopefully favre does come through for 2(or more) years and wins championships, that would be great.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just getting to one SB was one more than Sherman will ever head coach his way to.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It took me a couple of years to final see he did not have what it took to win a SB.

I did not like the way Holmgren left...... but to this day I think he is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL and I hope he wins another SB..

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
C'mon RP...

You really want to justify Sherman's existence in GB by rooting against Holmgren..

And as much as you don't want to admit it.... SherRossley had failed....and failed miserably...

Pack66...

I admire you. We are one and the same. Just like me, you are a true champion of Sunday drinking. Personally I am on my fifth and last drink at 9:30 PM this fine Sunday night. Have to work tomorrow.

When you get up in the morning Pack66, pop six advil's, pound down a gallon of water, then please read my original post in this thread again.

Then.... Please tell me where I mentioned Mike Sherman, tell me where Sherman's name is even mentioned in this thread I started, tell me where I stated I was rooting against Holmgren.

All I stated in this post was that I wished Holmgren well but wanted the Seahawks to lose becuase of the fan base in Seattle is "Fair Weather Support"

That is not going to happen... The Seahawks are killing Jake.. Both Jakes lose today... It will be the youngest QB in history to start a Super Bowl VS a Former Packer Cast off QB for all the marbles on Feb 5th.

Where is the Vodka????... There it is..

Ok one more for me..... Want to join me?

RP

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how P@ck66 figures 3 rings for Favre if Holmgren stayed....he's the coach that abandoned the run game with Levens while the Packers were tearing up the Broncos in the first half only to abandon the run and play "not to lose" in the 2nd half. I blame Holmgren for SBXXXII. The Packers team that lost to Denver was a much superior team but just didn't get it done.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't get it done because Mike was too busy looking for another job when he should have been preparing his team for the superbowl. The problem with Mike was that the wanted to be king and Seattle offered him that opportunity. I admired him as a coach while he was here until the fiasco in their last superbowl. I like Hasselback and I hope they do well because of him. I have no love for Mike Holmgren at all.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Packers lost that second SB cause their defense was three things...

old..fat..and slow....(and Terell Davis carved them a new one...)

Yes RP..today's a drinking day..but so is everyday around here....

--cheers

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where have you Holmgren lovers been the last 5 years? Mike Sherman is 3-0 all-time vs. Holmgren including 1-0 in the playoffs.

Hey, if you guys are comfortable taking up the can from Holmgren in 1999, more power to you. Personally, I'm not used to that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

I can't believe that your defending Sherman over Holmgren....

Are you actually saying that Sherman is a better coach than Holmgren?

If that were so...then why is one guy on his way to his third trip to the SB.... and the other guy can't BUY his way back into the NFL???

HAHA..

Apparently..you like taking it up the can from SherRossley to want to put up with him for so long....

PS..Sherman didn't beat Holmgren 3 times....FAVRE DID!!

Members online

Latest posts