Michael Vick

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't care either way, but if he's really been rehabilitated and has done his time, I can't say he should be out for life. Kobe Bryant settled out of court over a **** charge, and he's still playing. The judge already gave him his sentence, and it was longer than what was recommended. He's paying the price for his actions.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were discussing this during MNF - whether he could come back as an NFL QB after over 3 seasons out of the game. A couple of points were made:

1)Sure he can work out and stay in shape but does that mean he'll be in NFL shape?
2)He won't have Sunday Ticket and who knows if he'll even be able to watch any games - the game will change a lot by then
3)My Favorite from Tony K. - who is he going to throw passes to in prison?

I don't think he'll be back in the NFL. At best he could be a backup but I kind of doubt any team is going to take a chance on him. Does he deserve the chance after "paying his debt" - probably. Although I don't think 23 months qualifies for that.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one cares. hes a man who pushed it to the limit. we all have done something crazy in our lifetimes. he just did something very dumb in my opinion. but i feel he should be back in the game because its just fun watching him play, but seeing him with a different team could open up his game if he can coexist.

bottom line...who cares.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one cares. hes a man who pushed it to the limit. we all have done something crazy in our lifetimes. he just did something very dumb in my opinion. but i feel he should be back in the game because its just fun watching him play, but seeing him with a different team could open up his game if he can coexist.

bottom line...who cares.

Great post man. I don't care that Vick killed a few over-populated dogs but I also respect the right for people to be disgusted personally with it. To me it's pretty minor considering people do things 10 times worse and get off with a slap on the wrist.

Whatever the case he has a right to come back to the NFL if the people and Mr. Blank will accept him. If not I guess he learned the hard way. To me it just does not matter.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's your right to be offended by dogs being killed, to me it's dumb but nothing that deserves 23 months.

Do you flip out when you hit a skunk on the road? Do you kill Spiders crawling around your house?

There are alot of other things worse than killing dogs that people don't spend a minute behind bars for. I don't agree with dog fighting but to me it's like deer hunting or are Deer less Human than Dogs?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you flip out when you hit a skunk on the road?

Running over a skunk...

drowning a dog because it wasn't a great fighter(which itself is torture)...

hmmm.....

I'll stay out of this one. But that's how that judge is, KGB. Another judge mighta said 'community service for you.' but he got a hardass.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's your right to be offended by dogs being killed, to me it's dumb but nothing that deserves 23 months.

Do you flip out when you hit a skunk on the road? Do you kill Spiders crawling around your house?

There are alot of other things worse than killing dogs that people don't spend a minute behind bars for. I don't agree with dog fighting but to me it's like deer hunting or are Deer less Human than Dogs?

Please this guy wasn't "just killing" dogs ( which would be bad enough ) but getting pleasure out of watching two dogs ripping each other to shreds for sheer amusement ( we are talking one very sick human being who does not believe what he did amounts to torture ).

Anyone who would like to downplay his actions has obviously never witnessed a dog fight to the death or could use a little more heart. Vick did some real disturbing ****, good riddance you &*^% of *&^% !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deer hunting, Fishing? Whats the difference?

A swift kill for food verses getting your rocks off on watching two terrified animals rip at each other for long periods of time for an amusing bet then hanging or drowning the losing animal ? I don't see a difference, do you ?

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved watching Mike Vick, I don't like how harsh they were. I really hope that he can come back and give us a few more highlights before he goes out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved watching Mike Vick, I don't like how harsh they were. I really hope that he can come back and give us a few more highlights before he goes out.

The only highlights your going to get are Vick doing commercials for soap....because after his new life experience in the joint; he will have a lot of wisdom on the topic of soap.......oh yeah ( Bark like a dog Mike, that's it ) !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

Please this guy wasn't "just killing" dogs ( which would be bad enough ) but getting pleasure out of watching two dogs ripping each other to shreds for sheer amusement ( we are talking one very sick human being who does not believe what he did amounts to torture ).

Anyone who would like to downplay his actions has obviously never witnessed a dog fight to the death or could use a little more heart. Vick did some real disturbing ****, good riddance you &*^% of *&^% !!!

most people arent aware, but in the early 1900's dog fighting was legal and I think even the kennel clubs had rules about it

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

most people arent aware, but in the early 1900's dog fighting was legal and I think even the kennel clubs had rules about it

longtimefan,

You are right, it's true. Seems some of us have evolved a little over the last 100 years and some have not.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

longtimefan,

You are right, it's true. Seems some of us have evolved a little over the last 100 years and some have not.

Easy, Winni.

This is a touchy subject. Most of us LOVE animals a lot(sometimes more than our own family, especially Uncle Chester).

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A swift kill for food? Most people who fish and hunt don't do it out of need, but for enjoyment.

So it's ok to kill animals if you are going to eat them and if you kill them quickly? Just seems silly to pick and choose which animals it's ok to kill.

I don't agree with dogfighting but serving 23 months for it is dumb. It's simply because dogs are pictured as "pets" so some people can't imagine thier little BUFFY getting thier heads ripped off.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A swift kill for food? Most people who fish and hunt don't do it out of need, but for enjoyment.

So it's ok to kill animals if you are going to eat them and if you kill them quickly? Just seems silly to pick and choose which animals it's ok to kill.

I don't agree with dogfighting but serving 23 months for it is dumb. It's simply because dogs are pictured as "pets" so some people can't imagine thier little BUFFY getting thier heads ripped off.

are you a vegetarian?

For all us normal people who eat meat, it is ok to kill animals if it happens swiftly and for food purposes. Hunting also helps keeping populations in check.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't ever want to see him back in the NFL. I didn't like him before he got caught killing dogs.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only do I think he should play again... but Id be ecstatic to see him backing up Aaron Rodgers on the Packers. Hes a weapon, like him or not.

I love dogs more than people maybe, I've got two of em.... but to me pit bulls are bred specifically to fight and kill. I hate em pretty much, the less pit bulls the better. and longtimes right... dog fighting along with **** fighting were legal almost everywhere.

Just like you can walk down the street in London, walk into a book and place a bet on a sports team. In America you would go to jail if you got caught doing it. Just different perceptions of morality. Should someone go to jail for 2 years because of a different perspective?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like you can walk down the street in London, walk into a book and place a bet on a sports team. In America you would go to jail if you got caught doing it. Just different perceptions of morality. Should someone go to jail for 2 years because of a different perspective?

But one isn't harming anyone except the loser of money where the other is harming a living animal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts