1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mexican Riviera Cruise through titletowntickets.com

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by carol k, Jun 28, 2008.

1. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The official titletowntickets Packer cruise will set sail from Los Angeles on Feb. 28, 2009. The ports are Pablo San Lucas, Mazatlan (sp?) and Puerto Vuerta (sp?). The ship is the Norwegian Star. If interested, contact Donna Petermann at titletowntickets.com This was originally Fuzzy Thurston's and he is still part owner.

This will be our 9th cruise with Donna and company, and boy do we have fun.
  2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Man......wish i had the dough to do something like that. Guess i will have to be satisfied with a cruise down the Milwaukee River!
  3. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the cruise can be quite expensive, but the positive aspects are: you unpack once, stick your suitcase under the bed and don't look at it until the night before you have to disembark, you can eat 24 hours a day, and if you have a husband like mine who loves to eat, it's a godsend. You meet many interesting people and become great friends with some of them. There are many shows which are all included in the price. You do have to pay extra for sodas, bottle water, and alcoholic drinks, but they are cheaper than in some of the bars. We save up our money for the cruise starting the day we return home. We are by no means wealthy. In fact, the other day, we decided that we are at the bottom of the middle class. Do we still have a middle class in this country?

This is our big splurge for the year, and we have told our children that we are spending their inheritance.
  4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good. Kids nowadays need to work. They're too spoiled. ;)

Anyways, any idea who will be on the cruise? I think last time, you listed some current Packer players.
  5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Might as well enjoy while you can Carol! Like they say........you can't take it with you!
    I probably couldn't handle a cruise anyway, with my Meniere's disease. It would probably be miserable for me.
  6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had to wikipedia it, and now I'm really sorry you have it, Alan. It looks like something that would really suck in life.

It looks like you just have to deal with the symptoms, and just not do things to set it off, but there's no cure, currently. :(
  7. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far, she has James Jones going, and she is working on some others. Will publish as I find out.
  8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Zombie.....it sucks. I have it in both ears, too. Thats why going on a ship wouldn't exactly be a smart thing for me. Even watching a movie, i often have to close my eyes, or i get real dizzy. So i'd probably spend the entire cruise at the railing! :lol:
  9. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheesy, I have never heard of that disese before. Is it quite common? Is it hereditary? I will have to check out information on it.
  10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Carol - Read this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniere's_disease

Some famous people who have or had it:
    Cheesey
    Charles Darwin
    Martin Luther
    Julius Caesar
    Marilyn Monroe
    Johnathan Swift
    Alan B Shepard (American Astronaut)
  11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    From what i've heard, it's in the top 10 of rarest diseases. I don't know if it's true or not. I had never heard of it either, till the doctor told me i had it.
    I had had a "drop attack" and had to be rushed to the hospital. I had NO idea what was happening to me. I still worked with it for about a year and a half, when it got so bad i couldn't take it anymore. Every morning i would go to work, and within an hour i'd be sick. This went on for a whole year. So i went to my doc and told him what was happening......he said "You're done." I said what do you mean? He said "You're retired." I was only 40, so that was one heck of a shock. Wisconsin sent me to all it's doctors and for test after test, and i got SSD without even having to go through an appeal. (They even sent me to a shrink!)
    So that is why this singing contest that i wrote about (Ozaukee Idol) is so important to me. I'm losing my hearing, and i have no idea how much longer i will be able to hear. Obviously you can't win a singing contest if you can't hear. So i want to give it my best, as i don't know if i will ever make it this far again.
    (Sorry for writing a "novel")
  12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beethoven wrote his 9th Symphony (his 2nd best after his 6th) completely deaf. After conducting it, while completely deaf, after the performance, one of the musicians turned him around to see everyone in the audience on their feet cheering wildly. True story.
  13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know......that was really something.
    The thing is......i can't read music, and have never written a song. But i can sing! However, if you can't hear yourself, you can't hit the notes. :(
    I know that time is coming, although i don't know how long in the future. It could be 10 years, 20 years, or next year. Thats the thing with this disease, it can act different to different people. (And i sure am 'different!!!" :lol: ) I knew a lady that had it, and it pretty much had her bedridden. I talked to her on the computer, and made her not give up and start trying. She did alot better just because of someone pushing her a little. It's VERY easy to get down with this illness......it's there every day, 24/7. And NO ONE can "SEE" it, so they think you are faking or making more of it then there is. You can wake up feeling pretty good, and if a weather front comes through, you can end up on the floor. Barometric pressure changes mess me up bad. My body can't adjust to it.
    Sometimes when we go to the store, my wife makes fun of me because i "stagger" a little, like i'm half in the bag. She doesn't do it meanly, it makes me laugh. Of course other people that see me think i'm buzzed.
    I will try NOT to do it, and it just makes it worse! :lol:
    Walking around the house at night is bad.......there has to be some kind of light on, or i will fall down. If i can't see, i have virtually no balance.
  14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheesey - Today's technology is incredible. Learn what's called "perfect pitch." Today's instruments can be tuned to perfect pitch and singers today can be completely deaf and still sing well, because of it. Of course, they had to have hearing while learning perfect pitch.

I actually have it as a musician. I can sing on key as long as the instruments are tuned correctly. However, unlike you, I have a horrible voice and people throw things in my direction when I start to sing. You are blessed with a good voice. Don't let it go to waste just because of a little thing called deafness.

The way you described your voice, you'd be doing a disservice to not continue to sing. Work with a vocal teacher asap on perfect pitch.
  15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Aww......thanks Zombie!
    I'm actually going to be in the Cedarburg Wisconsin 4th of July parade with the rest of the semi finalists. If my wife takes pictures, i'll try to post some.
    I'm going to give my best shot with the singing. Hopefully i can make it to the finals. I'm trying to get someone to video it, so it can be posted on youtube. But so far i haven't found anyone with a video camera. Bit i still have time, so hopefully i can get someone to do it.
  16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, good luck with that. Wow! Actually in the semi-finals.

I can clear out a bar with my singing faster than a 400-pound man and a large can of beans, so I have to admire anyone who can actually sing.

And hopefully you find someone with a video camera. I don't have one, or I'd ship it to you.
  17. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Boy, if I took a cruise like this.. it would add an element of the shark got my leg story.. hmmm :lol: