Metrodome collapses official thread

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre saying he wouldnt have plyaed if the game were today is complete BS, he just said that so when he plays tom night people will bow down and talk about his toughness, competitive nature, and love for the game blah blah blah. Man I can't wait til that dirty old perve is finally done.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ford Field to host Vikings-Giants game Monday

By Dave Birkett
Free Press Sports Writer

Ford Field will host two NFL games this weekend -- the Detroit Lions' regularly scheduled game today against the Green Bay Packers, and Monday's night's Minnesota Vikings-New York Giants game.

The Vikings-Giants game was postponed today due to heavy snowfall and forced to move when the roof collapsed. According to multiple reports, it will be played at 7:20 p.m. Monday at Ford Field.
"It's Detroit. Goodcall. Makes sense" Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted this morning.
The NFL also considered moving the game to Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium and to TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota.
The game will be the first ever regular-season Monday Night game at Ford Field.

Read more: Ford Field to host Vikings-Giants game Monday | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Ford Field to host Vikings-Giants game Monday | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has just been announced over WDUZ "The Fan" Green Bay sports radio, that The Viking-Giants game will be played at Ford Field in Detroit on this coming Monday, Dec. 12 at 6:20 pm CDT

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's Detroit. Goodcall. Makes sense" Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted this morning.

Jim Irsay apparently inherited his father's total disregard for a team's fans. Minnesota should be playing this game in Minneapolis, in front of their own fans. The weather and outdoor games have always been important parts of the league.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wait a second...its gonna be the first ever mnf game at Detroit? wtf? No love for the Lions i guess!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Jim Irsay apparently inherited his father's total disregard for a team's fans. Minnesota should be playing this game in Minneapolis, in front of their own fans. The weather and outdoor games have always been important parts of the league.

I agree JBood. I would have started off the post with B*** S***! The Viking are giving up a home game...how many of their fans can make such a sudden trip. I was hoping they would play at the University of Minnesota...it's the NFC North and domes shouldn't even be allowed. Edge now goes to the Giants

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants brought NO COLD weather equipment, or gear, thats why no out door game at all

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I thought I heard that the University of Minnesota's field was already winterized, so it's not in playable condition right now.

Totally fine with them playing the game in Detroit.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty crazy to see...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuxNLf87_Y]YouTube - Metrodome Roof Collapse[/ame]

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the poor craftsmanship of the Metro Dump?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:viksux:
What moron designed this thing?
Must be an architect firm in Florida or Cal not realizing the heavy snow that falls in Minny.

First their Quarterback collapses, then their team, then their stadium :)
:viksux::viksux::viksux:
Add the coach collapsing to that list as well. :happy0005:

I like the video taken from the outside. It looks like someone flushed the toilet...about time with all the turds playing around in there!
Yeah, we can rename it as a #4 from a #2.

I think it's really awesome to see!
(Awesome as in, hahaha! that happened to the Vikings awesome and not us!)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How can you say poor craftsmanship? It's only the fourth time it has happened! Why not play at the University of Wisconsin if not Minnesota? I hate domed stadiums. Went to see the Packers in Houston...Packers won but I hated the experience...Isn't it one of the commandments that thou shall not play football indoors?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm guessing Camp Randall's winterized as well.

I'm going to be super pissed if they move the Min/Chi game to Soldier Field and give Chicago in essence a ninth home game. I'm not sure if that's being considered, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you say poor craftsmanship? It's only the fourth time it has happened! Why not play at the University of Wisconsin if not Minnesota? I hate domed stadiums. Went to see the Packers in Houston...Packers won but I hated the experience...Isn't it one of the commandments that thou shall not play football indoors?
Oh man, would I love to have the opportunity to trash talk Burnt Fart and the Viqueens in person!
How about it Minny?
Come here to Madnesson where you'll be treated with open arms! (I promise!)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to CW Philly News, the Metrodome will not be ready for Monday's game. They did not say where that game was going to be held, I'm assuming that is yet to be determined but I'm going with Detroit as they will want a dome.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the video again:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uscBJn0p0]YouTube - Raw Video: Snow Causes Metrodome Roof Collapse[/ame]

If you look very closely in the first 3 seconds of the video, you will see a shadowy figure running along the far sideline, from the 50 yard line to the 10 yard line. What the heck is that???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts