Message to nouveau Packer fans RE: Farve/Rodgers

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre gives us the best chance of winning period. Aaron Rodgers would get killed out there. I'm pissed that we reward Favre with this OL for all the blood sweat and tears he's given GB. Pete Carrol gets the best athletes in the nation w/o even having to make phone call. Carrol would be a fool to leave the gravy boat he's sailing. Now if we had some decent guards and another decent receiver.......!
Stay the course...Go PAck Go. On to 10-6!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman's knock is he can't get passed the Playoffs and grab the brass ring.

You know it - I know it.... It smells very much like Marty-ball...
Marty Schottenheimer, that is...

It's no different than Peyton manning - AWESOME QB - sucker bait in the playoffs - so far.. that is..

Bates was tested in Miami as the most recent...
I think the fact that Nick Saban was the new guy down there had a lot to do with Bates movin on... Most HC's always bring in their own guys... Everyone seems to have taken a powder on that note - why is that..? Another note - I just don't see JB movin' on... He chose GB over NE for a reason and it has to do with family.. Wouldn't surprise me if JB retired in WI... He likes it in this part of the World.

I think TT has every right to re-assess his decisions at year's end, as well.
Who says only women have a prerogative to change their minds...

I'd rather let this one play out for now - last year I nailed it that Mike Wahle would be gone, when everyone else said NO WAY.

Leave it be... enjoy the football....

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Why not annoint Bates as HC Depack?

If he brings in a great OC (LIKE Charlie Weiss..)...then it could be like Bellichek and Weiss with the Patriots...only it would be the Pack...

a good team..(now..i said..LIKE Charlie Weiss..not actually Weiss.)

I say make him the head coach and then you can spend the next two seasons acting like an * and calling for him to be shot.

EDIT-Ryan

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB....it doesn't cost most women 6 million dallars to change their mind. TT DOES have the right to change his mind but then HE faces the wrath of all the "second guessers". If Sherman truly deserves to be fired then TT deserves to be fired for costing the team 6 mil by prematurely extending the contract a couple months previously. I think Sherman stays for at least another year because of this alone. Sorry!

Philtration.....great post!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with DePack's premise -- but where's the law that TT has to abide by, with regards to changing his position on anything... that was my point. Equally valid, too!

Ted Thompson won't be the first person in line to have erred, either...
We could go on for days about this... I'll stick to my contention that TT will move to make some changes at Season's end, with the Coaching Staff.... Mike Sherman may get to stay - but it's real iffy about Rossley, IMHO, at this stage of the game. One or two trick plays does not an OC make.... I have often wondered just how long either of these two Coaches would have lasted without a Brett Favre leading the Team....(?) One also wonders whether Mike Sherman could strategize a game and make it successful on Sunday, without Tom Rossley to discuss it with.... that's a real curious question with me... Remember, last year at Detroit's Ford Field was, after all, only one game....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Phil..

For your information Phil...i gave Sherman a chance when he first came on--until i realized he really didn't know what the hell he was doing out there by his ridiculous game time decisions and play calling, inability to motivate his team, horrible GM decisions, game clock management, not knowing when to challenge a call, etc......that he's demonstrated CONSISTENTLY over the years...and I would extend the same courtesy to Bates...

But..I can't think of another coach who seems to be so clueless as Sherman and not know football in the NFL (unless it's Slowik and Rossley) as he does...I'm there are some out there as assistants..but they rarely ascend to HC positions...(and if they do..they aren't around forever...Jauron..Waanstadt...etc..)

GB Packer fans seem to be waay too tolerant of this kind of crap...Maybe it's a midwest thing...

*Edit - Ryan

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
P@ck66 said:

I think you're confusing them with the Queens.

Let's avoid the personal diatribes, folks....
Keep it about the subject of the thread.....

All of us are free to habitate their Forums, as others come here...
You could try hashing that style of conversation over at Monsters of the Midway web site....

Remember - RYAN has created a symbiosis with FRN in order for all of us to stop in on their Sites, too.
It's about the FOOTBALL.... leave it that way!

*Edit - Ryan

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey..i'm fine with it IPB..

Phil called me an *..and i was it giving it back *...

(What's wrong *..)

*Edit - Ryan

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBPrez said:
Let's avoid the personal diatribes, folks....
Keep it about the subject of the thread.....

All of us are free to habitate their Forums, as others come here...
You could try hashing that style of conversation over at Monsters of the Midway web site....

Remember - RYAN has created a symbiosis with FRN in order for all of us to stop in on their Sites, too.
It's about the FOOTBALL.... leave it that way!

Thank you. BACK TO THE TOPIC

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn....I missed it! Ryan edited before I could read the dirt. Fall asleep at the wheel for an hour or so and you miss EVERYTHING!

OP
OP
J

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
Easy don't get so excited, Iam a big brett favre fan but i also love the packers been a fan all of my life, and brett favre has done alot for the packers and as far as iam concerned he can play till he's 50. All i was trying to say if he doesn't plan on coming back next year, Iam pretty sure he knows either way and when we have no chance of winning the division and he keeps playing thats putting a person above the team, i would rather watch favre play the rest of the year because i know that we will never see a quarterback like brett in a packer uniform again, but than i would have to say iam being selfish. Sooner or later i hope its later we will have to move on without brett favre. Iam not a huge rodgers fan by the way but if the season is lost and i hope its not yet and bretts not coming back next year why not put the rookie in a little bit to give him some playing time to see what he can do, that way we will have a idea what we might have to draft next year. but that only if brett is retiring after this season.

UM....maybe because he arguably one of the best players in NFL history, and especially if he is retiring, deserves the respect of not being taken out holding a clipboard on the sideline....Seems a little absurd...dont you think! Maybe you should be the one at Lambeau field telling everyone we should bench the Greatest Packer in history in order to give (WHO) Aaron Rodgers the opportunity to get his brains beat in.

Members online

Latest posts