Merriman?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly wasn't the same player last year after the knee injury of 2008. Maybe he'll be better this year, but I wouldn't bend over backwards to get him. Plus, he likes to choke girls, which bothers me. He would add depth, I guess.
Tila Tequila is a gold-digging slimy **** criminal. Merriman didn't do anything to her. But someone maybe should. She's filthy.

For some reason, Poppinga is now playing on the #1 defense at LOLB.
I'd sure rather have Merriman there and Jones as his backup.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tila Tequila is a gold-digging slimy **** criminal. Merriman didn't do anything to her. But someone maybe should. She's filthy.

For some reason, Poppinga is now playing on the #1 defense at LOLB.
I'd sure rather have Merriman there and Jones as his backup.
Let's not get into the agression issue. As filthy as her was, it was still female agression...

I'm telling it because I've already made that kind of statement, more on a joking tone, and people don't take it lightly.

We should respect them...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not get into the agression issue. As filthy as her was, it was still female agression...
I'm telling it because I've already made that kind of statement, more on a joking tone, and people don't take it lightly.
We should respect them...
I respect all people at first. But some lose respect based on their actions, male or female. She's one that did.
That doesn't mean a man should assault her of course. But Merriman didn't. And if he did, she'd be hurt. As it was, there was no case there. She lost and her reputation was damaged.

The Chargers just are tired of dealing with any of those issues as they have had some criminals on defense in the past 5 years, although not to the level of the Bengals of course.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, you make good points in most of your posts but 260lb linebackers should save their aggressive behavior for other 200-300lb players, not girls. Merriman's got issues, both physical and mental, it seems.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, you make good points in most of your posts but 260lb linebackers should save their aggressive behavior for other 200-300lb players, not girls. Merriman's got issues, both physical and mental, it seems.
Merriman was falsely accused. It could happen to anyone who meets up with the wrong girl. It happened to a friend of mine, and it turned out that woman had done something similar before on another guy. Breaking news: There are many women out there who are coniving, scheming, greedy, as well as capable of selling their "affection" for the right price.

Anyway, like I said, if Merriman had really assaulted this tiny ****, she'd have been in bad shape and there'd be plenty of evidence, like she'd be injured.
Shawne Merriman Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory
According to a report from Respecting Accuracy in Domestic Violence Reporting (RADAR) – post 1994 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), California passed legislation that targeted preferential/mandatory arrests in alleged domestic violence cases, and men as the primary aggressors. So, Merriman now knows why Lady Justice was unfair to him when the police arrived. Sure, in the end he was legally exonerated, but his reputation and character have been sullied due to the negative media exposure.
Because he physically towers over Tequila Nguyen, I’m quite certain that somebody out there thinks he beat the system and got away with beating his paramour. To the contrary, Shawne Merriman was falsely accused of domestic abuse charges, but may always carry a scarlet letter emblazoned upon his name. (As witnessed by you continuing to accuse him of this)

Here's another little story about the situation. It's true that Merriman may have had himself some other girls on the side, which can't be condoned here (although it can be understood as I too was once a -mini- high profile bachelor in my early-mid 20's).
It was because of this that the media-whote Tequila (MTV and MySpace) wanted vengeance on Merriman and made these false damaging accusations. D.A. Drops Charges against Shawne Merriman in Tila Tequila Assault Case
But this is where it gets interesting – according to 10news.com, what led up to the fight between Merriman and Tequila was when Tequila walked in on Merriman and two other women in his bedroom. Tequila stormed out of the residence, threatening to have an affair with one of Merriman’s friends. That’s when the alleged choking and confinement happened.

So there's nothing here other than perhaps Merriman banging someone else when Tequila thought she owned this guy. If you don't want a football player on your team because he wasn't faithful to a GF, then I bet there are dozens of Packer players you are better off not knowing personal details about.

The thing is, you wouldn't have known about Merriman's if it wasn't for the BS threat/accusation from the media-craving, money-hnugry, gold-digging scum Tequila. I mean, "Tila Tequila"? Really. That's the name? Her real name is Tila Nguyen. She's pure scum, filthy. Merriman's fault is for getting suckered into her. But that happens to many men.

Here she is giving a lap dance that same night.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah shes a great looking lady, but as she falls from fame, she needs to get whatever money she can, and IMO thats why she tried that crap with Merriman. Im not saying the guy is an angel, but I follow him on Twitter as well, and with every interview I have seen with this guy, he seems like a pretty class act guy.. I would love yes LOVE to see him in a Packer uni.. Him and Matthews on the outside would be legendary... (maybe thats stretching it a bit, I know) but it would be by far the best LB core in the league

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I can find, both Merriman and the woman sued each other, and then settled out of court. Maybe you're right that Merriman was innocent, but his lawsuit had nothing to do with false accusations--it was about some advertising deal that fell through due to the negative publicity. Neither one of them seem to be too intelligent.

Merriman seems to be an average LB at best since he stopped the steroids. We don't need him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah shes a great looking lady, but as she falls from fame, she needs to get whatever money she can, and IMO thats why she tried that crap with Merriman. Im not saying the guy is an angel, but I follow him on Twitter as well, and with every interview I have seen with this guy, he seems like a pretty class act guy.. I would love yes LOVE to see him in a Packer uni.. Him and Matthews on the outside would be legendary... (maybe thats stretching it a bit, I know) but it would be by far the best LB core in the league

Better than B-more?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's Baltimore got right now? An old Lewis (who is still one of the best, but he clearly lost a step), an overrated Suggs, who the last time that had a double digit sack season was 2004, and? And?

You're already counting Kindle?

And you are forgetting Jarret Johnson. Not a household name but a very good player, and one of the best at his position.

Dallas also has some great linebackers. The Jets I am unsure of until they hit the field.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you are forgetting Jarret Johnson. Not a household name but a very good player, and one of the best at his position.

Dallas also has some great linebackers. The Jets I am unsure of until they hit the field.
The best LB corps in the NFL is the Steelers' by leaps and bounds...

Dallas lacks ILB quality, the Jets lack pass rush...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that would be why the Jets brought in Jason Taylor... and thus why I said I am going to wait and see on them.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that would be why the Jets brought in Jason Taylor... and thus why I said I am going to wait and see on them.
Last time Taylor had a double digit sack season was 2007, and he's 35...

I wanted him, I think he can provide some pas rush, but as a backup.

They got to have a primary pass rusher. I know, they still were #1 D, but we're talking about LB corps in here...

And it's no coincidence that against a trully elite QB in Payton Manning, they couldn't stop him when it mattered...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought Keith Brooking was a great addition for the Cowboys and now that they drafted Sean Lee, they're depth just became a lot better. The Jets lack pass rush? Seriously? This is Rex Ryan's defense we're talking about. He doesn't utilize LBs soley on generating it, he brings the pressure from all sides the same way Dom Capers does.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Keith Brooking was a great addition for the Cowboys and now that they drafted Sean Lee, they're depth just became a lot better. The Jets lack pass rush? Seriously? This is Rex Ryan's defense we're talking about. He doesn't utilize LBs soley on generating it, he brings the pressure from all sides the same way Dom Capers does.
Last time Taylor had a double digit sack season was 2007, and he's 35...

I wanted him, I think he can provide some pas rush, but as a backup.

They got to have a primary pass rusher. I know, they still were #1 D, but we're talking about LB corps in here...

And it's no coincidence that against a trully elite QB in Payton Manning, they couldn't stop him when it mattered...
There you go. Calvin Pace was their biggest sacker, with 8...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There you go. Calvin Pace was their biggest sacker, with 8...

Right, you're correlating the pass rush in terms of LB depth. However you simply can't do that when you're talking about the Jets. The fact is Rex Ryan doesn't use his LBs soley on pass rush, he gets it from his safeties and an extra D-lineman. So when you're trying to determine a good LB core based only on pass rush, you have to rule the Jets out of the equation.

It's kind of like how people look at our defense. When we think of pass rush we automatically bring up LB and D-line. I'm beginning to understand what TT meant when he was asked about not drafting any LBs in this draft. He wanted people to understand that pass rush doesn't come JUST from LBs but all over the place. This is what makes a defense almost deadly.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, you're correlating the pass rush in terms of LB depth. However you simply can't do that when you're talking about the Jets. The fact is Rex Ryan doesn't use his LBs soley on pass rush, he gets it from his safeties and an extra D-lineman. So when you're trying to determine a good LB core based only on pass rush, you have to rule the Jets out of the equation.

It's kind of like how people look at our defense. When we think of pass rush we automatically bring up LB and D-line. I'm beginning to understand what TT meant when he was asked about not drafting any LBs in this draft. He wanted people to understand that pass rush doesn't come JUST from LBs but all over the place. This is what makes a defense almost deadly.
They were #18 in sacks.

I get it, they bring pressure enough and their secondary is terrific. I works for them. Well, it did till Manning...

But you cannot make a case that their 3-4 LB corps that doesn't make a lot of sacks is in par with the elite ones...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember who said what about Merriman's issue with the filthy gold-digging, media-and-Johnson-ho Tila Tequila, but anyone who takes the side/word of Tequila needs to reconsider. Merriman was a victim of this wacky disgusting ****. Check this out from the nasty b*tch.
Again, if you think Merriman's knee is shot, or that (as with Cushing) he won't ever be the same without the "supplements", I get that thinking. It might be right, or wrong. But if your reservations are with Merriman's character, I suggest forgetting that. Merriman's a good dude, and the only hit on him was the bullschit charge this disgusting ho made against him, which was dismissed. She should be in jail. And I bet she will someday.

Anyway, I'm sure we're going forward with what we have now, and Merriman will never be an option, but when I just came across this twitter thing on the crazed ****, I had to share here and defend Lights Out. I still want him in Green & Gold.

Tila Tequila
Tila Tequila's Twitter feed has seen its share of quetionable Tweets, but this one may have taken the cake: "I am the ****** Mary, and my child will be born Jesus Christ. I am the second Coming.......God told me so. I shall save all the good people."

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who are the jets OLB's can you name anyof them without using google????
Bart Scott and Jason Taylor are easy ones. The guy from Michigan a few years ago too, David Harris I believe. I think they got him in a draft day trade with us if I remember right.

Bust Vernon Gholston too... not sure if he is playing OLB or DE this year, but he's been as worthless as a ****** in Ellen Degeneres' house.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Scott and Jason Taylor are easy ones. The guy from Michigan a few years ago too, David Harris I believe. I think they got him in a draft day trade with us if I remember right.

Bust Vernon Gholston too... not sure if he is playing OLB or DE this year, but he's been as worthless as a ****** in Ellen Degeneres' house.
Scott is an ILB, and so is Harris.

I think it'll be Calvin Pace and Jason Taylor...

And Gholston will play DE...

I think they're a very good team but the hype exceeds the talent.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott is an ILB, and so is Harris.
I think it'll be Calvin Pace and Jason Taylor...
And Gholston will play DE...
I think they're a very good team but the hype exceeds the talent.
Of course they're overhyped. They always are being one of the NEW YORK teams. I hate the East Coast and East Coast Bias that's preveland in the NFL and especially MLB.

But remember, they made it to the AFC Title game this January. That's as far as we have gone since the 1998 season.
And these damn Jets did it with a rookie QB who was a weakness.

Now they've plugged a handful of holes in the off-season with some talented aging veterans (reminicent of Keith Jackson, santana Dotson, Eugene Robinson, Don Beebe, Earl Dotson, Andre Rison....), plus drafted a corner that many thought would be a top-20 pick in Kyle Wilson.

It might not advance them past where they ended this January, but they've clearly strengthened their roster from top to bottom. And Shonn Greene is an emerging superstar at RB.

Members online

Latest posts