Merriman rumors??

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
beating women..I don't care WHO they are .. is disgusting.

To joke about it is even moreso.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dudes, I think my ex (who is also French-Vietnamese) knew her personally from Houston (good or bad I can't remember), but I can't be for sure.. and I thought I remember her talking about her (Tila) one time. I will ask her next time I talk to her, as she knows about a million people.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
beating women..I don't care WHO they are .. is disgusting.

To joke about it is even moreso.
Lighten up man.

You don't actually believe that because we're joking about that, anyone in here aproves of that?

My god... Can I say fart in this forum?

You do know I'm joking about a specific woman, and not womenkind(?) ? There's a difference, you know...

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lighten up man.

You don't actually believe that because we're joking about that, anyone in here aproves of that?

My god... Can I say fart in this forum?

You do know I'm joking about a specific woman, and not womenkind(?) ? There's a difference, you know...

No I don't know anything of the sort. And no I will not lighten up about joking about beating women. Ask your mother, ask your sister, ask your wife. These types of "jokes" just perpetuate the myth that beating a woman, no matter who she is, is okay. Especially the myth that "she deserved it" because of who you are speaking about.

You have no idea who is on this very public forum and how they would react. For all you know, there are people here that think it's okay.

For that alone - on a VERY PUBLIC forum - it is disgusting and way out of line.

I am a woman who has dealt with abused women, Sir. And no...no way, no how, is this type of "joke" acceptable.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Anyways, about Shawne Merriman. I'm all for it. Agree or disagree?

*tries to move this thread into a less dark direction*

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't know anything of the sort. And no I will not lighten up about joking about beating women. Ask your mother, ask your sister, ask your wife. These types of "jokes" just perpetuate the myth that beating a woman, no matter who she is, is okay. Especially the myth that "she deserved it" because of who you are speaking about.

You have no idea who is on this very public forum and how they would react. For all you know, there are people here that think it's okay.

I am a woman who has dealt with abused women, Sir. And no...no way, no how, is this type of "joke" acceptable.
Yeah, We're not going to agree on this one. I'm not going to talk about the subject after this post in respect for your wish.

But this sounds an awful lot like saying playing war videogames instigate violence on children...

Also, to me it's more in the "politically correct" area than it is in the "morally correct" one...

I personally can't control another people's actions, and I don't believe a person would hit a woman just because he heard a joke about it in an internet forum.

Obviously, having dealt with it, you have more knowledge than I do (though in college some close friends of mine worked in a NGO), but this kind of behavior tends to be rooted in the culture of the person, so something as little as a joke about a specific woman (being the joke much more about what that woman represents than herself), not women in general, shouldn't have much impact on the continuity of the forementioned behavior.

Not to mention those morally derailed and mentally instable, which almost no word would influence their actions...
-
I've had a conversation with another poster about the use of foul language, and told him that there's, after all, a 13 year old limit for forum users.

But I tend to automatically think that I'm dealing with capable, moral people in here.

I'll try to policy myself a little bit more.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyways, about Shawne Merriman. I'm all for it. Agree or disagree?

*tries to move this thread into a less dark direction*
There's nothing about Merriman. It's only a rumor.

Agree or disagree with what? If I'd have him? (do not derail THIS phrase) Absolutely. As I've said before, I don't think he's lazy, or have bad attitude with his teammates.

But for the right price, as his production has, indeed declined, and I cannot pinpoint if for one reason; If it's just him still coming back from injury, or if it's the steroids...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Oh my God. Seriously. Relaxe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts