1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McQuade's Slowpitch Softball Tournament

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by NDPackerFan, Jun 27, 2008.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone heard of this? The tournament is held in Bismarck, ND and is considered the "World's Largest" with other 400+ teams competing in several divisions.

It starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday. I play on a team and am so stoked to be playing that I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight. I know, it's just slowpitch softball; however, after my college baseball playing days have been over, it's the closest I can get to baseball since our amateur baseball out here is almost non-existant.

The cool thing about the tournament is that the revenue is donated to charity. Umpires often donate their salaries and many volunteers make the tournament possible. I think this is the 33rd year of the tournament and it's already generated over a million dollars...anyway, pretty awesome. If you win, you get a trophy that's almost 6 feet high. Not quite the Lombardi but still sweet.
  2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I play on my parent's church's slowpitch team. It's a church league and it's pretty laid back, but it can get heated at times. Ever heard the song "Church League Softball Fist Fight"? I've seen it played out in real life! Haha! I love slowpitch, though. I'd much rather be playing baseball, but I love being able to play something, at least. Plus, I get to play ball on a team with my dad, and it doesn't get much better than that to me.
  3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just got done playing some 'arc' ball myself. We lost on the last play of the game. Good Luck !
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +625 / 6 / -0
    well i'm from western ND, so of course I've heard of it. McQuade's is the most exciting thing to happen each year in ND. hahaha. Bismarck is pretty nuts when the tournament is going on. forget about eating at a restaurant!
  5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Most exciting thing in ND is deer hunting to me...sad, but true! Anyway, we lost our first game 3-2 in 10 innings. Can you believe that? 3-2 in a slowpitch softball game? Crazy...I ended up getting 4 out of our team's 8 hits and scored both runs. I had a good game but like people say, "it's a team game".

The second game we came to play and scored 28 runs so everybody was hitting well. We ended up winning the next two games after that but lost in the game before the consolation championship.