McFadden only benches 13 reps.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did Walter Payton bench and how many?

A great deal of these tests mean nothing? I mean my God, look at what Robert Gallery did a few years back in the combine. His numbers were off the chart for a O Line player. It got him the Number One Selection for the Raiders and the Raiders got nothing in return.

R.P.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

A great deal of these tests mean nothing

:agree:

Unless they're going to put a weight bench on the 50 yard line during games, this means almost nothing.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

A great deal of these tests mean nothing

:agree:

Unless they're going to put a weight bench on the 50 yard line during games, this means almost nothing.

maybe so, but i feel like more of a man when i can make fun of a top NFL prospect for being a *****.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

A great deal of these tests mean nothing? I mean my God, look at what Robert Gallery did a few years back in the combine. His numbers were off the chart for a O Line player. It got him the Number One Selection for the Raiders and the Raiders got nothing in return.

R.P.

Disagree. Firstly, at 5 feet 10 and 204 pounds, Payton was not big for a running back, but his strength and conditioning were legendary. He could repeatedly bench-press 390 pounds and do leg-press series with more than 700 pounds. He could throw a football 60 yards, punt it 70 yards, kick a field goal of 45 yards and walk across a football field on his hands.

Finally - I understand RB's don't need to look like super man. I also know strength isn't the only important attribute. See Alonzo Highsmith.

Using Payton in an argument against strength is way off.

P.S. Payton did 30 reps, more than double the Razorback.

Walter at the Combine.

League Rating: 71/83
40-yrd Dash: 4.45 seconds
Bench Press: 30 reps
Agility Drill: 6.98 seconds
Solecismic Test: Very High (43)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walter at the Combine.

Wow. Even Greg Jennings would be impressed by those numbers! Ok maybe not, but still not bad.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Walter at the Combine.

Wow. Even Greg Jennings would be impressed by those numbers! Ok maybe not, but still not bad.

Come on Midwest, you know that the concept of numbers is irrelevant to Greg. It's true, Greg is too fast for numbers. Unfortunately, this phenomenal pace will eventually overwhelm the normal, trusted effects of gravity right down to the local level. Even the nuclear forces that bind things in the subatomic world will cease to be effective.

The expansion will become so fast that it literally rips apart all bound objects, it will rip apart clusters of galaxies. It will rip apart stars. It will rip apart planets and solar systems. And it eventually it will tear apart all matter.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Disagree. Firstly, at 5 feet 10 and 204 pounds, Payton was not big for a running back, but his strength and conditioning were legendary. He could repeatedly bench-press 390 pounds and do leg-press series with more than 700 pounds. He could throw a football 60 yards, punt it 70 yards, kick a field goal of 45 yards and walk across a football field on his hands.

Finally - I understand RB's don't need to look like super man. I also know strength isn't the only important attribute. See Alonzo Highsmith.

Walter at the Combine.

PackOne:

Great stuff. Amazing! Thank you for those stats, now I can quote them when I am in a conversation in a sports bar on any given Sunday.

By The Way.... I was not comparing Walter Payton. I was asking a question, because I did not know what he did in the combine.. (Hence the question mark.)

Thanks for that..... That is amazing. Walter was amazing.

I am enlightened.

R.P.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Walter at the Combine.

PackOne:

Great stuff. Amazing! Thank you for those stats, now I can quote them when I am in a conversation in a sports bar on any given Sunday.

By The Way.... I was not comparing Walter Payton. I was asking a question, because I did not know what he did in the combine.. (Hence the question mark.)

Thanks for that..... That is amazing. Walter was amazing.

I am enlightened.

R.P.

No offense was taken. My entire family is from Chicago. I wore Bear clothes as an infant, and had Walter on my wall into my early teens. Around 1987, I realized the error of my ways.

PS I still have the 45 of "The SuperBowl Shuffle."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
PackOne said:
Walter at the Combine.

Come on Midwest, you know that the concept of numbers is irrelevant to Greg. It's true, Greg is too fast for numbers. Unfortunately, this phenomenal pace will eventually overwhelm the normal, trusted effects of gravity right down to the local level. Even the nuclear forces that bind things in the subatomic world will cease to be effective.

The expansion will become so fast that it literally rips apart all bound objects, it will rip apart clusters of galaxies. It will rip apart stars. It will rip apart planets and solar systems. And it eventually it will tear apart all matter.

Greg has never attempted to run full speed. Doing so would actually cause the earth to begin a backward rotation. Thanks Greg. We appreciate it.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great Concept.

However.... Greg can not overwhelm the normal, and trusted effects of gravity right down to the local effect, As long as Greg is walking on water.

Greg walks on water.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Great Concept.

However.... Greg can not overwhelm the normal, and trusted effects of gravity right down to the local effect, As long as Greg is walking on water.

Greg walks on water.

That is awesome R.P. Now that you have clarified the statement, we can actually put a number to Greg's speed ...

For the sake of argument we will say Greg weighs 100kg. About 220 pounds or so. He has been beefing up.

Now, to run across the water not sinking more than 1 cm he must displace his own weight in water. So...

100kg of weight / 300 cm of footprint yeilds 333.333 footprints of 1 cm depth

Given a human stride of 1 meter means Jennings can walk on water at about 333.333 m/s or about 1,200 km/h.

So he can run the field endzone to endzone in approximately a half a second, making his 40 time approximately .21 or less. That's pretty fast.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings didn't take any tests at the Combine. he was busy.

However, he did let his shadow take the tests. His shadow bench pressed 225 lbs 450 times with one hand, just in case anyone wanted to know.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

The Raiders were playing Gallery in the wrong spot for a long time. That was one of the main problems. I know they were talking about switching it up a bit, so I think he'll work out eventually, but I could also be bias. Haha!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
back on topic, a Rb should be able to bench some good numbers..

It shows his upper body strength, and that leds to him being able to take on tacklers and BULL his way over people as well..

Not saying that he has ot bench 20 or 30 times, but it should something a little bit better then your top high schooler does

Members online

Latest posts