McCarthy takes a shot @ Childress

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This from Wed. press conference:

Linkage

(How has the team done with penalties, and on the sidelines how do you handle the referees?)

Call the head guy over there 10 times in one game to complain about defensive pass (interference), that's an approach. That's not the one I take. I do think Mike Perreira does a good job.

lol. I noticed on NFL Replay at the end, when the Bigby INT came up, they piped in Childress' postgame comments on it, and he rambled on about the officials missing p.i. calls all game..

And I said to myself, "Self, that Childress is a whiney *****!! He needs to shut up and coach his team, not cry about officiating!"

I pretty much agreed with me.

Anyways, I think it's awesome that MM brought this up in a semi-subtle way. Awesome. He's a waaaay better coach.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that's funny. More fuel for the Packer-Viking rivalry. I agree that Childress's griping got ridiculous after awhile. I also think the Vikes did not get the call on that last play because Woodson had position and the receiver was forcing the contact, trying to run through him.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minny got several calls their way when their WR basically ran into the DB, initiating the contact. It was obvious their strategy was to push off the defender and either catch the ball or hope for an interference call. When neither happened on that play, they end up blaming the ref for a good no call. Rather pathetic game planning tactic if you ask me.

GO PACK GO!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Minny got several calls their way when their WR basically ran into the DB, initiating the contact. It was obvious their strategy was to push off the defender and either catch the ball or hope for an interference call. When neither happened on that play, they end up blaming the ref for a good no call. Rather pathetic game planning tactic if you ask me.

GO PACK GO!!!

I agree. I think the players were told to do this and that the sidelines would keep *****ing until they called it. I saw at least twice where their guy came off the line straight into our guy and here comes the ball.

This was not an attempt to complete a pass but a move to try and back our gus off. It worked a couple of times early but I think the refs got a heads up on what they were doing and quite making the call.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The crappy part about the rules right now, is that is favors the Wides heavily, so they are trying to use whatever they can to beat back our press coverage. Glad the refs called it pretty straight up and probably could see the tatic.

However there were some bad calls in the game.. but it is part of the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Wow, that's funny. More fuel for the Packer-Viking rivalry. I agree that Childress's griping got ridiculous after awhile. I also think the Vikes did not get the call on that last play because Woodson had position and the receiver was forcing the contact, trying to run through him.

haha i dont think this will add any fuel to the fire between Pack and the Queens.

from what i hear and see...they hate Childress.. and probally agree with MM.

if you give MM any credit for anything... its gotta be for his straightness. He just coaches football...straight up.

Members online

Latest posts