McCarthy Sucks [Merged Threads]

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Lays an Egg

Well, up till the second half of tonight's game I've liked absolutely everything about Mike McCarthy, except for a few odd play calls here and there. But tonight in the second half he suddenly turned into Mike Sherman. It was ugly to watch. I ended up wishing the running game was still lousy. If it was, McCarthy would've kept passing the ball and the Packers probably would've won.

The Packers played Bears football tonight, and lost. That's what happens when you don't play your own game. Let's hope McCarthy learns something from this.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: McCarthy Sucks

This loss was on the players. MM didnt turn the ball over 5 times and commit 600 penalties.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

He does not suck, he just mismanaged this game. Otherwise he's been a very good coach for Green Bay. I blame the players. Turnovers galore - not the coaches fault.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

I agree. I'm not even jumping to conclusions. McCarthy blew this one big time.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He does not suck, he just mismanaged this game. Otherwise he's been a very good coach for Green Bay. I blame the players. Turnovers galore - not the coaches fault.

He sure sucked tonight.

Reaction score

This loss was on the players. MM didnt turn the ball over 5 times and commit 600 penalties.

Midwest, we've had problems with fumbles and turnovers previously, and McCarthy hasn't done enough to fix that.

We had numerous chances in the second half, but it seemed like he was scared shitless after Favre's INT.

The only bright spot is that our D play calling was a bit more aggressive, but we got badly burned on the play that mattered most.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

Turnovers were a problem, but MM has his role to play in the loss too. Favre threw the ball at will in the first half, and then he goes and gets all conservative later in the game. When you have a lead, step on the other team's throat. Instead we ran it and kept punting.

Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

See if our O isn't getting something going, change things up... go into no huddle OR SOMETHING, try to do something different.

McCarthy didn't even try by the looks of it.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

you guys need to remember we are the youngest team in the nfl, we have a lot of rookies and 2nd year guys, they will make mistakes. They make good plays too but they will make mistakes. Give them a break, remember you are a packers fan and that is why you are posting on this site. There will be wins and losses, but this loss goes to the youth and inexperience. On the plus side, we didnt get owned by the bears, we beat ourselves.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

He had that Mike Sherman deer in the headlights look on the sideline that whole second half. What an atrocious effort (and I use that term loosely) in the second half.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you guys need to remember we are the youngest team in the nfl, we have a lot of rookies and 2nd year guys, they will make mistakes. They make good plays too but they will make mistakes. Give them a break, remember you are a packers fan and that is why you are posting on this site. There will be wins and losses, but this loss goes to the youth and inexperience. On the plus side, we didnt get owned by the bears, we beat ourselves.
Well said.

Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

Vechenzo, the mistakes were there last week too... and they didn't get fixed.

We can't keep giving teams chances.

Actually now I'm wondering, how much of the conservative playcalling was the result of Jones benching and Greg's injury?

Reaction score

He had that Mike Sherman deer in the headlights look on the sideline that whole second half. What an atrocious effort (and I use that term loosely) in the second half.

TO, on second thought did McCarthy even have Jennings in the third quarter and half of the fourth?

If I'm not mistaken he benched Jones, and that would leave only Martin and Driver as WRs...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

Young team overall = growing pains, inconsistency and mistakes.

Apparently MM got scared with the turnovers in the first half and backed off. We had a 10 point lead and continued to make mistakes.

Brett gave one away and Woodson didn't secure the ball. But this is football folks.. turnovers happen..

Breathe.. tomorrow the sun will rise and we still will be 4-1. Yes we missed a huge chance to bury the Bears, we will get another chance.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:

TO, on second thought did McCarthy even have Jennings in the third quarter and half of the fourth?

If I'm not mistaken he benched Jones, and that would leave only Martin and Driver as WRs...

Jennings was hurt for a bit so he was out, but Jones was back in as the 3rd WR when Greg was out.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We did a ton of 3 and 4 wide sets in the first half and aside from Jones had a lot of success. In the second half most of sets were 2 wide with 2 backs until the very end when it was too late. Granted penalties and turn-overs killed us but going so conservative in the second half was a mistake. My concerns when we hired McCarthy was that he was the offensive coordinator for some **** poor offenses and I wasn't sure how well he would run the Packer offense, it is this kind of **** that worries me for the future.

Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

The fact we can't stop turning the ball over worries me, and McCarthy needs to take blame for not fixing that problem (along with the other asst. coaches).

But the "conservative" play calling may have been due to the lack of players available for most of the second half.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

I'm so pissed I can't think straight. Haha! I think the biggest mistake, play-calling wise, was the one time we ran the ball on 3rd and 8. Three consecutive runs didn't make sense at all.

We DID get owned by the Bears. They took every opportunity we gave them, and beat us. I'd say thats getting owned. They made plays that won the game, like the two fumbles. It could have been 21-0, but they did what they do best and forced turnovers. You can't make mistakes like that against the Bears. I can't sit here and say we gave them the game. Thats a cop-out.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The fact we can't stop turning the ball over worries me, and McCarthy needs to take blame for not fixing that problem (along with the other asst. coaches).

But the "conservative" play calling may have been due to the lack of players available for most of the second half.

:agree:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Jennings was in the locker room and Jones I think was down on himself.. you seen him on the sideline and he didn't look right... like sick to his stomach.

But other things changed.. the Bears kept the pressure on in the second half, which wasn't as apparent the first half. They also started to come up and press more... without Jennings and rolling over a second man on Driver they wanted us to beat them with Martin and the TE's.. not something we are ready to do yet.

Reaction score

We DID get owned by the Bears. They took every opportunity we gave them, and beat us. I'd say thats getting owned. They made plays that won the game, like the two fumbles. It could have been 21-0, but they did what they do best and forced turnovers. You can't make mistakes like that against the Bears. I can't sit here and say we gave them the game. Thats a cop-out.

Nathaniel, the second fumble by Jones should have never happened. He should've realized he needed to protect the ball better, and then done it.

We were getting flagged left right and center, for the love of God we just couldn't seem to go more than 5 plays without getting flagged.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts