McCarthy says

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
On the other hand throwing it up for grabs many times was not always necessary, and, I'm sure he wishes he had some of those throws back.

Throws like the one before halftime in the Bears game when he flung it out there for grabs. He didn't have to try to throw it out of the endzone(he said later that was what he was trying to do) the sideline would have been just fine.

What I saw was a frustrated Favre due to an incompetant game plan, without the support to pull it off. A number of factors that equated to 4-12.

exactly my point. Nobody gets off in the 4-12 blame. Not Favre, not TT, nobody.

-Sherman continued to play empty backfields on passing downs, with no extra blockers for Favre, who would be destroyed.
-TT brought in Klemm, who started more games than he should have, and didnt get the best o-line at all.
-Favre Throwing it up time after time, when there were other smarter options.
-Even Ahman Green, who reportedly played hurt. Tough, Ballsy move? Or was it stupid and detrimental to the team? It sure didnt help us win games.

Last year wasnt all Shermans fault, it wasnt all TT's fault, and it wasn't all Bretts fault...

But together, they sure helped with a whopper of a season.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
warhawk said:
On the other hand throwing it up for grabs many times was not always necessary, and, I'm sure he wishes he had some of those throws back.

Throws like the one before halftime in the Bears game when he flung it out there for grabs. He didn't have to try to throw it out of the endzone(he said later that was what he was trying to do) the sideline would have been just fine.

What I saw was a frustrated Favre due to an incompetant game plan, without the support to pull it off. A number of factors that equated to 4-12.

-Sherman continued to play empty backfields on passing downs, with no extra blockers for Favre, who would be destroyed.
-TT brought in Klemm, who started more games than he should have, and didnt get the best o-line at all.
-Even Ahman Green, who reportedly played hurt. Tough, Ballsy move? Or was it stupid and detrimental to the team? It sure didnt help us win games.

Last year wasnt all Shermans fault, it wasnt all TT's fault, and it wasn't all Bretts fault...

Obviously you think you know more..or could do better than Sherman......RIGHT! (that's a friggin' laugh..)

But answer this question if you can...

If Favre has no O-Line...no running game...and no good receivers...

then what are the "smarter options"...genius?

...FOOM..!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:
warhawk said:

Obviously you think you know more..or could do better than Sherman......RIGHT! (that's a friggin' laugh..)

But answer this question if you can...

If Favre has no O-Line...no running game...and no good receivers...

then what are the "smarter options"...genius?

when did I say\imply I could do better than Sherman? I would have done it differently(like...extra blockers for a HoF QB with no Oline), but I'm not an NFL HC and never will be(newsflash, neither will you).

What were the smarter options? I've said this before, but you like to ignore things. He could have thrown it away occasionally(Something he still doesnt do much) or taken a sack (Easier said than done, I know.)

His competitive gunslinger mentality did not help last season. He is one component of many, that led to a bad season.

Yes,66, Brett Favre is also to blame.

(you really should read the entire threads)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Blame" implies that there was "hope"...

...there was no HOPE...last year...!

(That's the point...)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..I don't..

but your arguments are wonderful shallow though..keep them coming...we can all use a little "comic relief"..

"Ad Hominem" arguments are the refuge of the scoundrel...

(and where did I change argument...??)

You make unfounded accusations...my friend..!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What's your point..Pyle..?

....FOOM! :shock: :shock: :shock:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all black and white to you guys.

Tro, thinks Brett is hurting the team though it has been said over and over again by management he has not. It's a really stupid argument. I have addressed every so-called issue and instead of arguing the point they just run off to another thread and post "Brett is hurting this team" over and over again.

And then there's you complaining about TT and dwelling on the MS era. It's all his fault, every game we lose in the future will be the result of TT and MS. TT as some kind of "conspiracy" mission to destroy this team, blah,blah,blah

Brett is taking his time to decide, TT is ok with this because he knows its not holding back the team. TT is being active in FA and has re-signed some key pieces.

It is what it is, noone is trying to destroy the Packers or impede the future of the team. It has been stated clearly by the Packers over and over again.

All this Brett should do this and TT should do that crap is nothing more than chatter from BORED fans who are looking for something to chime in about.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So me,Muscy and other people who say MM\TT are "saying the right thing" ...we're just nuts right?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here we go with the validation thing again.

Everytime Tro disagrees with something he throws out.........4 Other people feel this way, or, the ESPN polls shows I am right, or, the sentiment around the league agrees with me

Learn to stand on your own to feet man. Just because 3 out of 10 people agree with you does not make you right. If you want to argue facts so be it, but referring to other people to back up your argument is lame. I see tons of people disagreeing with you all the time so according to your validation thing that must make them right, correct?

Hell I disagree with DePack and Pack66 all the time, but at least they backup thier arguments with some actual football knowledge. They don't just say "these 2 guys agree with me, so I must be right."

Thats respectable, you on the other hand are not. You like to send private messages calling me names like a 6-year old kid. Grow up dude.

I have stated my point on this numerous times. TT pushed back the deadline for 3 months. It is clearly a sign that he is telling the impatient fans and media to LEAVE BF ALONE and let him take his time to decide this very personal decision.

If TT thought Brett was holding this team back, but was scared to force him into a decision, why not set the deadline for late April,mid June,etc? I think most fans would see this as acceptable and Brett would be givin plenty of time to contemplate his future.

On one side you say the fans are sick of this and want a decision, then 2 sentences later you say TT does not want to anger the fans by forcing Brett into a decision. It's like talking out of both sides of your mouth.

All your speculation about TT "Really wanting to say something, but not doing so" is not supported by his actions nor his words. Could it be TT REALLY meant what he said? It sure looks that way to me.

If you want to debate that fact, lets do so, but please try to do so without name-calling.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys need to getcha some, drinkya some, & maybe even smokeya some - whatever it takes to get those cobs blown outta your behinds!!

lighten up, enjoy life, & have some fun!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
here we go with the validation thing again.

Everytime Tro disagrees with something he throws out.........4 Other people feel this way, or, the ESPN polls shows I am right, or, the sentiment around the league agrees with me

Learn to stand on your own to feet man. Just because 3 out of 10 people agree with you does not make you right. If you want to argue facts so be it, but referring to other people to back up your argument is lame. I see tons of people disagreeing with you all the time so according to your validation thing that must make them right, correct?

Hell I disagree with DePack and Pack66 all the time, but at least they backup thier arguments with some actual football knowledge. They don't just say "these 2 guys agree with me, so I must be right."

Thats respectable, you on the other hand are not. You like to send private messages calling me names like a 6-year old kid. Grow up dude.

I have stated my point on this numerous times. TT pushed back the deadline for 3 months. It is clearly a sign that he is telling the impatient fans and media to LEAVE BF ALONE and let him take his time to decide this very personal decision.

If TT thought Brett was holding this team back, but was scared to force him into a decision, why not set the deadline for late April,mid June,etc? I think most fans would see this as acceptable and Brett would be givin plenty of time to contemplate his future.

On one side you say the fans are sick of this and want a decision, then 2 sentences later you say TT does not want to anger the fans by forcing Brett into a decision. It's like talking out of both sides of your mouth.

All your speculation about TT "Really wanting to say something, but not doing so" is not supported by his actions nor his words. Could it be TT REALLY meant what he said? It sure looks that way to me.

:roll:
(I dont know where you get this crap. Validation? I'm not validating anything. (btw, get a thesaurus, use another word for the love of god)I am telling you how I see it, and other knowledgable fans, who have seen this show before. This might be the biggest thing ever to you, but me,musccy,etc have seen this song and dance before. If you really believe GMs\HCs in stressful situations like that, you really are naive. You probably think GMs are 100% interested in college players they bring in to interview too...when thats not the case. But since TT\MM are saying something that supports your argument, they are just the most honest people on earth, right? Until they say something you dont like, then they're liars, or just idiots. Figure it out.)

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
you guys need to getcha some, drinkya some, & maybe even smokeya some - whatever it takes to get those cobs blown outta your behinds!!

lighten up, enjoy life, & have some fun!!

More irrefutable wisdom from 4packgirl. :beer:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured you would fail to address the push back til July.

It funny that you say you and other "knowledgeable fans" because they agree with you. Like somehow that makes them knowledgeable.

I just want to know how you know TT thinks that way? I mean you must know something others don't. I am judging by what TT has said and what the push back to July seems to tell you. And you are judging by what?

If fans are so upset about this whole Brett thing how would TT forcing a decision on Brett backfire on him?

I will gladly go back to numerous other threads where you point to a 3rd party source as a backup for your argument. You started a slanted poll and got called on it by other members, only to start another a few days later which noone even participated in.

I just wish you could either respond with some actual reasoning behind your side or not respond at all. And please no more immature Private Messages calling me 4th grade names.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I just want to know how you know TT thinks that way? I mean you must know something others don't. I am judging by what TT has said and what the push back to July seems to tell you. And you are judging by what?

If fans are so upset about this whole Brett thing how would TT forcing a decision on Brett backfire on him?

1. I've seen GM's do this many many times before.
2. How woud TT forcing a deicion on brett backfire on him? I hope that wasnt a serious question, cuz I wont answer that again.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your basing your facts on what GM's have done in the past? Why not push the date back to late April or mid-July? Theres plenty of ways to force Brett's hand without telling him we need a decision straight up. If he wanted a decision that bad why tell him he's got til' late July?

I thought you said the fans were tired of the Brett Situation. So if TT wanted to please the fans he would force to Brett make a decision, Is this not correct?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
So your basing your facts on what GM's have done in the past? Why not push the date back to late April or mid-July? Theres plenty of ways to force Brett's hand without telling him we need a decision straight up. If he wanted a decision that bad why tell him he's got til' late July?

I thought you said the fans were tired of the Brett Situation. So if TT wanted to please the fans he would force to Brett make a decision, Is this not correct?

no, its not.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so TT wants to **** the fans off by not forcing a decision but yet doesn't want to **** the fans by giving him time? I am confused

What about the deadline?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks, I would rather hash it out here. I have looked several times and all I see is.....

"The Fans want Brett to make a decision" in one post then "TT is afraid of the fans and will not tell Brett he wants a decision, even though he does" in the next.

Which one is it?

And for the 4th time, what about the deadline?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is considered by most fans to be on par w/, if not bigger than the Packers...MS tried set a deadline last offseason, which ticked off Brett, and subsequently, a lot of fans. TT saw that, and now that he's already under a lot of heat for his slow developing long-term approach, does not want to add more coals to the base of his feet.

The deadline is really only a phantom deadline...Brett obviously is going to decide b4 then, so basicallythis covers TTs butt...TT obvioulsy needs an answer at some point, so he does his job by setting some ridculously conservative deadline just to say he did it, while at the same time, avoids any heat from pressuring brett into retirement/

Members online

Latest posts