McCarthy pays Zombo fine

Reaction score
540 ESPN Milwaukee

saw this on the morning espn.

GREEN BAY – Perhaps, since Mike McCarthy didn’t have a problem with linebacker Frank Zombo’s helmet-to-helmet hit on Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler on Monday night, the Packers coach will pick up the tab for the $7,500 fine Zombo received from the NFL for the roughing-the-passer personal foul penalty he received.

not many coaches would do this so a cudo to mccathy

:groupray:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of interesting. Wonder if he rolled up to him and handed him an envelope with a thank you sticker on it. LOL

Zombo, gotta love the name and that he is making some plays. Ticky Tack penalty, but that was how the refs were rolling Monday.

Remember Buddy Ryan and the allegation he put a bounty on the Dallas Kicker. heh

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now along with "the Claymaker", the rest of the league has to fear "the Zombo"....be afraid...be very afraid!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think McCarthy is paying the fine for his own blunder at the end of the game.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of interesting. Wonder if he rolled up to him and handed him an envelope with a thank you sticker on it. LOL

Zombo, gotta love the name and that he is making some plays. Ticky Tack penalty, but that was how the refs were rolling Monday.

Remember Buddy Ryan and the allegation he put a bounty on the Dallas Kicker. heh

Very ticky tack

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure the league doesnt allow this. For very obvious reasons. And if they did it under the table I hope they wouldnt talk about it to the press.

And I know he did tell the press coach Greene would help him out though.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that MM paid the fine for a simple reason. I think it would effect Zombo's future playing and limit his aggressiveness, since he is one of the lowest paid players in the NFL. I think that' s a great job by MM keeping his player worried about one thing, and that's just playing ball...period!

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
540 ESPN Milwaukee

saw this on the morning espn.

GREEN BAY – Perhaps, since Mike McCarthy didn’t have a problem with linebacker Frank Zombo’s helmet-to-helmet hit on Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler on Monday night, the Packers coach will pick up the tab for the $7,500 fine Zombo received from the NFL for the roughing-the-passer personal foul penalty he received.

not many coaches would do this so a cudo to mccathy

:groupray:

Very cool!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its great. I'm not sure what the league can do about it really. Either way, I think its a nice thing for MM to do for a guy who played his *** off.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Dope. I like that move, pay it off, get it out the way and go knock the sh** out of Shaun hill this sunday. No helmet to helmet doe ahah.

Members online