May be the money, honey!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard that the Packers have dedicated much of their extra cash, mush of which was Brett's previous salary, to provide contract extensions for some of their core veteran, and emerging younger players.

Face it, as a very young team littered with talent, we are going to start having to pay for it as these emerging players (Grant, Jennings, etc.) blossom, and established vets such as Tauscher are rewarded.

Food for thought.........

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they needed the money to sign key players they could've just ask Favre to restructure his contract. He said he was willing to do it for Randy Moss...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmmm don't buy that one.. we have 30 million plus in cash reserves and after the draft picks sign.. we will still have 16 million in cap room after Brett's salary is added to the cap.

Unless I am mistaken in my interuptation of the cap and its allocations.

Not to mention.. the Cash Cow Brett is for merchandising and additional revenue..

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus there's a rule for having too much money available under the cap and the Packer's are pretty close. If they let Favre go they might even have to sign a couple players to reach the minimum cap expenditures.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they needed the money to sign key players they could've just ask Favre to restructure his contract. He said he was willing to do it for Randy Moss...

The thing is, we don't have a Randy Moss. What is a Randy Moss? Best player in the NFL at his position.