Matthews Not A Fan of Locker Room Cameras

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best reader comment on that story
"I only wanna see Clay Matthews sack on field. There’s no need for cameras in NFL locker rooms."

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, fans who want locker room access or who follow guys home and hassle them on sight really need to re-prioritize their lives.

It's the NFL not People magazine.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Next thing ya know, Bill belacheat will be hiring hackers to tap into the camera feed and lip readers to be able to see what they are saying.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that many fans will see any of the videos. Maybe they would play the pre-game speech just before the game starts, but most fans go to the concessions/bathrooms at halftime and leave before or at the final whistle. Where would they play these videos?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm not sure that many fans will see any of the videos. Maybe they would play the pre-game speech just before the game starts, but most fans go to the concessions/bathrooms at halftime and leave before or at the final whistle. Where would they play these videos?

The 9er's are going to lose alot of concession moneys.:devilish:

H

HardRightEdge

Goddell has stated his concern that the prevalence of large, high-def TVs in homes is diminishing the value proposition of buying expensive tickets, parking and concessions. That makes sense to me. He didn't mention fantasy football, the massive gambling turnover, and Red Zone-type TV coverage and Sunday Ticket making the game an OTB-in-the-living-room event for a large swath of the fan base.

So Goodell is looking to implement unique stadium experiences. These locker room broadcasts will be put up on the Jumbotrons in every stadium (this is mandatory) but will not be presented in any TV broadcast...bam...a reason to spend hundreds of dollars to see a losing team in person in December. Or the Bills . Or the Bucs. Or the Browns. On any day.

It's not clear to me whether these Jumbotron feasts-for-the-eyes will include sound. Also, I'm not sure if this will be pre-game, post-game or during half-time, or some combination thereof. Since bad ideas often get justified by multiple "good reasons", pre-and-post-game should be attractive to the NFL since the theory would suggest butts will be in seats longer, thereby consuming more beer and dogs. This presumes people want to watch it once the initial novelty wears off. As the eminent philosopher David Letterman once said, "is this anything?"

The answer is probably not. Anything interesting would either be non-family friendly or disclose some shreds of game strategy. If there is no sound, lip readers will spam the twitter-sphere with forbidden secrets, or as previously noted above Belichick among others will employ said lip readers. Clay in a jockstrap might send some hearts aflutter...but the first time will by necessity be the last for obvious reasons. What happens when an opponent is caught calling Teo a fairy? Or when teammates exchange some heated words? How about a glimpse of a grease board? Bounty discussions? Women discussions? Bling and clubbing discussions? Contract and money discussions?

No wonder teams don't know how to implement it. I'd pre-record a couple of minutes of the guys just sitting around lacing up then shoot it out in a loop and hope nobody notices. ;)

Members online