Matt Flynn

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, personally I wouldn't resign Finley. He's kinda like a square peg in a round hole for the Packers. He has a diva attitude as opposed to every other player on the receiving core. He's going to command A LOT of money, that could be spent elsewhere (pass rusher, beefing up O-line or D-line, etc) and the biggest reason he couldn't catch a cold in a Dr. waiting room. Week after week, he has shown he's not a dependable receiving TE. I'd rather take a flyer on Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford or Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame. Either or both should be available in the 3rd-4th rounds.

I don't see us franchising Flynn, this is how both franchise tags work:

Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer. If it doesn't match the offer, it receives two first-round draft picks.
Taking into consideration these conditions, I don't see us franchising Flynn. We are more likely to franchise Finley and give him another year in GB to prove his worth than using it on a backup QB

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would want to pay him the average of the top 5 QBs just to get a 2nd rounder out of him? No that will not be happening.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
First off, personally I wouldn't resign Finley. He's kinda like a square peg in a round hole for the Packers. He has a diva attitude as opposed to every other player on the receiving core. He's going to command A LOT of money, that could be spent elsewhere (pass rusher, beefing up O-line or D-line, etc) and the biggest reason he couldn't catch a cold in a Dr. waiting room. Week after week, he has shown he's not a dependable receiving TE. I'd rather take a flyer on Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford or Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame. Either or both should be available in the 3rd-4th rounds.

I don't see us franchising Flynn, this is how both franchise tags work:

Exclusive: Player cannot negotiate with other teams and his salary is the greater of 1) 120% of previous year's salary or 2) average salary of the top 5 players playing the same position from the current year.
Non-exclusive: Salary terms are the same except it's the average of the top 5 players from the previous year. Player can negotiate with other teams but current team reserves the right to match the offer. If it doesn't match the offer, it receives two first-round draft picks.
Taking into consideration these conditions, I don't see us franchising Flynn. We are more likely to franchise Finley and give him another year in GB to prove his worth than using it on a backup QB
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I feel really stupid having brought this idea up. You are certainly correct, no way the Packers or anyone else will pay top 5 money for Flynn.

Anyway, my goal is to acquire a top notch OLB in the draft, and with teams like Dallas and NE ahead of us I'd like to move up 10 spots. I can just see the Patriots taking an OLB that we need.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scotland Yard, don't worry about it. :) It would be nice to keep Flynn, but I think he's gone. Hopefully he'll get a shot at being a starter somewhere else. :tup:

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an insane performance, I am so happy for him.
Some of the teams looking for a QB next year,
Andrew Luck? whos he?

Get Matt Flynn. This guy is a great QB

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What an insane performance, I am so happy for him.
Some of the teams looking for a QB next year,
Andrew Luck? whos he?

Get Matt Flynn. This guy is a great QB

Mine. Alllllllllllll mine.

I do like Flynn though a lot. Very much so.

The Jets might want to take a long look at Matt Flynn.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams that Matt Flynn could start for Next Season: Jets, Cowboys, RedSkins, Dolphins, Jags, Browns, Cards, Bucs, Vikings, 49ers.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now what do you do... he probably just performed his way into a huge contract... and deserves it!!
I agree, he will command a ton of money and we will not get anything in return.
But, he deserves it!!
Ya, Andrew Luck Who??? I'd be more inclined to take a proven experienced QB than a Question Mark.
He will get a lot of attention from a lot of teams looking for a QB

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn will be good for any team that has a good h.c. and weapons those are key things,of course they are saying with the q.b.s in the draft they won't look to pay for Flynn so maybe we get to keep him,and Nealson .

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Let's trade Rodgers and keep Flynn!!!! Sorry but I am a cliche fan who can't remember anything but what I saw in the latest game.

Members online

Latest posts