Matt Flynn

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like all the Flynn supporters to step forward. I remember folks discussing how he had a lot of trade potential. I know he was thrown into the middle of the game, but he looked like it was the first time he stepped foot on a field. Our O-Line didn't help him much either.

Yeah, I remember people thinking I was crazy when I said the Packers wouldn't get a first or second rounder for Flynn. He really didn't do much to justify that talk on Sunday. Now he gets the national stage against the best team in the NFL.

Rough

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep him, we need a solid, reliable backup to Aaron and I think Flynn is our man. For getting thrown into that game cold, of course he was going to come out shaky. But he did warm up and settle into a groove and was actually moving the ball better than Aaron was (sorry Aaron!). He didn't play great but he played good enough to keep us in that game. He's got potential and will make a good backup and maybe a great starter for somebody.
I agree. I don't understand why people are acting disappointed with how Flynn played against the Lions. He made some nice throws, and considering it was his first regular season action, I was happy with his performance, and expect him to put up a good amount of points against the Patriots.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I don't understand why people are acting disappointed with how Flynn played against the Lions. He made some nice throws, and considering it was his first regular season action, I was happy with his performance, and expect him to put up a good amount of points against the Patriots.

Really? 3 points and a red zone interception against a 2 win team makes you happy.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good or bad, this game is make or break for flynn. He gets rave reviews from people in the league, but none of that matters if he throws up a dud. Great to good game and he has the ability to get a decent multi year contract from whoever. holmgren talked to the packers during the offseason about acquiring Flynn but the packers declined.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So 3 quarters and it's determined Flynn is no good

Take look here

5-10 46 yards 0 tds

next game 13-23 168 yards and no tds

Should benched him or cut him..

Maybe we would have Brady now

That was Brady in his 1st two games

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So 3 quarters and it's determined Flynn is no good

Take look here

5-10 46 yards 0 tds

next game 13-23 168 yards and no tds

Should benched him or cut him..

Maybe we would have Brady now

That was Brady in his 1st two games

But wouldnt you say its going to determine his next contract?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? 3 points and a red zone interception against a 2 win team makes you happy.
15/26 for 177 yards. Yes, he had a bad interception but he also had some nice deep throws. He definitely showed he has the capability to move the football. I think he'll lead the Packers to a good amount of points on Sunday night.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
But wouldnt you say its going to determine his next contract?

Absolutely. I wonder how many teams are going to be watching tomorrow night's game just for the sake of seeing how Flynn plays? Teams that need starting QBs or even a backup will have their eyes on him. Tomorrow night could be a very big night for good Matty Flynn.

They really can't count the Lions game as a negative against Flynn, he was thrown into the middle of that game unexpectedly and I personally think he handled the situation well. He settled into that game and actually was playing better than Aaron. As I said in another thread, I think given 4 quarters of game time, Flynn would of had that game won.

He's had all the practice time this week, he is not ill-prepared for the Pats. I am very interest to see what Flynn does tomorrow night with 4 quarters of football.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tonight I will pray to St. Lombardi to reach down and touch our young, green QB for tomorrow's game and instill in him the drive, leadership and pursuit of excellence the Great Coach himself embodied 45 years ago.

The Patriots won't know what hit 'em!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be fun to see, especially since the Patriots pass defense is pretty awful.

Good point! That may be something that is going to give us a chance. It will certainly make it easier on Flynn. I think our D is well matched to their offense too.

Tonight I will pray to St. Lombardi to reach down and touch our young, green QB for tomorrow's game and instill in him the drive, leadership and pursuit of excellence the Great Coach himself embodied 45 years ago.

The Patriots won't know what hit 'em!

Good post! I shall pray with you! Hail St Lombardi!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good point! That may be something that is going to give us a chance. It will certainly make it easier on Flynn. I think our D is well matched to their offense too.

Good post! I shall pray with you! Hail St Lombardi!

Kitten, just wondering, is there a thread you have never posted to? I run into you everywhere! Have your fangs ready for the game tonight?

By the way, to prove I have some class, I posted two pictures of women to The Atriums "Hot Girl Thread". I only post pictures of girls wearing Packer gear...now that is ****.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, just wondering, is there a thread you have never posted to? I run into you everywhere! Have your fangs ready for the game tonight?

So are you "following" me, darling? ;) I like you but if you follow me home, I can't keep you!

No, I don't post in every thread but I'm a south Philly, Jersey Italian girl and I never shut up. It takes a lot of talent to hush me, not many people have managed to do it.

Back to FOOTBALL!!! Go Packers!!!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So are you "following" me, darling? ;) I like you but if you follow me home, I can't keep you!

No, I don't post in every thread but I'm a south Philly, Jersey Italian girl and I never shut up. It takes a lot of talent to hush me, not many people have managed to do it.

Back to FOOTBALL!!! Go Packers!!!

Follow you home...cats, kittens, vampires...casting spells on players? Don't think so except you said you are a good cook...so just leave some food outside.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You crack me up, man! LOL! Are you stuck in an Anne Rice novel? I could help you, you know!

If you want to help me, just let me know how I did on the 5 things about you in The Atrium. It's your help I'm afraid of. I can imagine you helping me like Rosemary's neighbors did in "Rosemary's Baby". Or you could wear......uh, never mind. LOL

What am I worried about, I'll just keep a supply of catnip around and you will not harm me.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ everyone giving up on Flynn already. I think with a full week of starters reps he will absolutely do better than Jay Cutler this week. I'm not giving up on Flynn at all. I think the guys got a lot of potential and I think he will look a lot better against NE.

Now our defense on the other hand....... not looking good.

Yeah you guys overreact pretty bad.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Matt Flynn was amazing tonight. No, he wasn't Tom Brady, but he damn sure did the job he was expected to do.

/thread. Go Flynn.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't buy a Flynn Packer jersey. He may have just written his ticket to a starting job somewhere else in the NFL.

Over on the Bears forums they are talking about him being the best backup in the league...

I wonder what he'd be worth as far as picks? Lot's of teams out there in need of a QB like him. On the other hand, good backup's don't grow on trees...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts