Mason Crosby

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems he just spits the bit for us when we really need him to come through. His effort on both those field goals was pathetic. What I see from the guy is him nailing a field goal when we are up by 20 but missing them when we are in a close game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how to judge the guy's effort on a kick, but the guy misses some kicks. And there have been some pretty bad ones.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looked like a knuckle ball coming off his foot. I was like what in the world was that? dude you are kicking in a DOME. I'm slowly losing confidence that he can be consistent in the clutch. He misses alot of crucial kicks.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really mad at him he better start getting those long ones thats why M.M put him out there,think he might lose the confidence in Crosby.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The bad thing was, the kicks were not even a close miss. I could deal with missing by a hair....or a bounce off the upright....but the complete shank of a kick....c'mon man, that was a **** poor effort.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If offense and defense play like they're capable of, we don't need last second kicks. And it starts with the line play.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If offense and defense play like they're capable of, we don't need last second kicks. And it starts with the line play.

I agree that the Line play on both sides of the ball is is where the blames starts, but it would certainly feel better if we had a kicker we could count on if the game comes down to him.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I think you are being too ******* Crosby. He has a proven record of being a pretty good kicker. He will come around and kick some crucial field goals this year. One game don't a season make.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He took too many steps before the kick so he didn't have a long enough kick stride the kick the ball correctly. Relying on our kicker is the last thing we need. Our whole team needs to step it up, it's unfair to blame it solely on Mason. He has done great things for us and I wouldn't trade him for any other kicker in the NFL.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player screws up now and then.
If Rodgers had thrown a game losing INT (Like Sanchez did on MNF against the Texans) would there be threads and posts of "Get rid of Rodgers now!" ?

Didn't think so.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player screws up now and then.
If Rodgers had thrown a game losing INT (Like Sanchez did on MNF against the Texans) would there be threads and posts of "Get rid of Rodgers now!" ?

Didn't think so.

I don't see anything close to a "get rid of him now" mentality from the original post or any one of the subsequent posts.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The first one appeared to be all on him. The second one was a poor hold. Masthay placed the ball about 6" off of his mark. That will result in a bad kick every time.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m proud to be a Packer fan......but geez, a guy misses a few kicks and we boot him out ???? ffs
The WHOLE team need to step up to the plate, but they are still the team I love.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ ha ha....you know what I mean. I meant that we had a confortable lead and that it should have been an easy win. All they needed to do was maintain a decent pace and control the clock, they could have easily put up 40+ points on the pace they were on. Green stepped in and did ok for benson, but they didn't give him enough carries to make them respect any type of run game, thus our passing game went down the sh!tter.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m proud to be a Packer fan......but geez, a guy misses a few kicks and we boot him out ???? ffs
The WHOLE team need to step up to the plate, but they are still the team I love.

Posted by Bozz_2006:

"I don't see anything close to a "get rid of him now" mentality from the original post or any one of the subsequent posts."

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shawn Slocum's official assessment that I read was that Crosby made bad contact with the ball, kicking it too high off of his foot. Maybe there was subsequent talk about the hold but I didn't see that.

I think that Crosby has been a good kicker for us, not great but not bad either. My only thought is that if you don't have a great/elite player at any position, there should be competition brought in every season to keep them improving and/or fighting for a job. Lombardi would never have settled for "good." You need to chase perfection, hopefully achieving excellence along the way.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems he just spits the bit for us when we really need him to come through. His effort on both those field goals was pathetic. What I see from the guy is him nailing a field goal when we are up by 20 but missing them when we are in a close game.
Exactly.
He is the opposite of clutch.
We see the young kickers in Minnesota and St Louis making 50+, even 60-yard last-second FGs.... Crosby's, IN A DOME, was absolutely pathetic.
And he's blown more last-second kicks than he's made, for one reason or another.

He made his first clutch kick of his career to beat the Eagles in 2007, but it was far from a sign of the clutch gene.
I think he's never made a big 45+ yard kick in a similar situation since.

I can't stand this guy to be quite frank because I was used to clutch kickers in Green Bay with Longwell and Chris Jacke before that. Crosby, mentally weak like a girl all flustered by boys in high school.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Posted by Bozz_2006:

"I don't see anything close to a "get rid of him now" mentality from the original post or any one of the subsequent posts."
I guess its a matter of American and English translations Bozz-2006, I felt it read like that......my bad. I just think the WHOLE team need a kick in the *** to motivate them, Crosby is just a small part of the problem at the minute.

Members online

Latest posts