Mason crosby

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright here is where I am most annoyed besides the struggling o line.

Coming out of college some people said he had the biggest leg seen in years, and could be one of the best kickers of our generation by careers end.

All we have seen is a guy who has a booming leg who can kick 65 yards but not on target. The 55 yarder was not a chip shot by any means, however missing it ten yards to the left? Come on. I would much rather have a kicker who gets to 55 by a few inches but knows how to get it between the uprights. How about Robbie Gould? Coming out of PSU his sr. year was not good, missed kicks and frustrated St. College. Result? He is in my opinion one of the better kickers in the NFL. There are a ton of guys that can kick accurate balls.

Bring them in or something, I don't care if you can boot the ball seventy yards, there is no point if you can't accurately get the kick. Mason is still young and has loads of potential, but at this point should the Pack stick with him or go with a more reliable guy? I am just wondering, my personal opinion is that he is on the fence in GB and if his accuracy at year's end is around 80% again, look for GB to draft someone mid round.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that whatever has gotten into Crosby's head has him pee'ing wide right.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby just doesn't have what it takes to be consistent (in my opinion). I thought he might make the 55 yarder when he ligned up to the right side of the posts, since he has a tendancy to shank them to the left, however it went wayyyyyy left anyway. Supposedly he has had problems due to different holders, and his status for this game was in question due to an abdominal illness of some kind this week. I just think his illness was a gutful of his own bad kicking. We need to replace him right now. Fortunately his miss didn't cost us this game, although it did cost us momentum.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a shame because I like Crosby, but after 2 games this season so far, ive questioned his reliability.

OP
OP
dansz15

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a shame because I like Crosby, but after 2 games this season so far, ive questioned his reliability.

Exactly how I feel, and I thought he was the next big mainstay as a kicker in GB but I think the coaching staff's patience must be worn thin at this point.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have taken crosby as my ff kicker for the past 2 or 3 years... he always made the long ones.... but no so much anymore :(

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby just doesn't have what it takes to be consistent (in my opinion). I thought he might make the 55 yarder when he ligned up to the right side of the posts, since he has a tendancy to shank them to the left, however it went wayyyyyy left anyway. Supposedly he has had problems due to different holders, and his status for this game was in question due to an abdominal illness of some kind this week. I just think his illness was a gutful of his own bad kicking. We need to replace him right now. Fortunately his miss didn't cost us this game, although it did cost us momentum.

I believe he had some sort of an abdominal injury or something like that. I know he flared something up in the weight room.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corsby doesn't have potential. He has a strong, erratic leg. That's not potential. That's dumb potence. He can do kickoffs in this league, not field goals.
-
And dansz15, the patient it's not running off. They're too vanilla to discipline and make corrections. MM = Romeo Crennel, until further notice.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cut a fullback, carry two kickers. Yes, i'm being serious. Carry Crosby, because he can at least get it there if you need a 60 yarder at the end of a game or something and he has a pretty decent kickoff leg, and carry a kicker who can consistently hit from 50 and in. My suggestion, Matt Bryant. He was 32/35 from 50 yards and in last year.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut a fullback, carry two kickers. Yes, i'm being serious. Carry Crosby, because he can at least get it there if you need a 60 yarder at the end of a game or something and he has a pretty decent kickoff leg, and carry a kicker who can consistently hit from 50 and in. My suggestion, Matt Bryant. He was 32/35 from 50 yards and in last year.

This guy missed a 55 yarder by a mile and you want him for long field goals?

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also have Mason Crosby as my FF kicker and he hasn't really produced but he is still a kicker. I think if you look across the league there are a lot of kickers who are having the same amount if not more problems then Crosby.

Take for instance Lawrence Tynes he missed two field goals last night and no one wants to murder him yet in New York, i dont think.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This guy missed a 55 yarder by a mile and you want him for long field goals?

I want him for last second, no other option than a field goal, 60 yarders and kickoffs. Anything inside of that would be Bryant country.

But while i'm on the subject, since when is 55 yards automatic? That's longer than a lot of kickers career longs. And didn't he come damn close to hitting from 60 against Cleveland in the Preseason?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright here is where I am most annoyed besides the struggling o line.

Coming out of college some people said he had the biggest leg seen in years, and could be one of the best kickers of our generation by careers end.

All we have seen is a guy who has a booming leg who can kick 65 yards but not on target. The 55 yarder was not a chip shot by any means, however missing it ten yards to the left? Come on. I would much rather have a kicker who gets to 55 by a few inches but knows how to get it between the uprights. How about Robbie Gould? Coming out of PSU his sr. year was not good, missed kicks and frustrated St. College. Result? He is in my opinion one of the better kickers in the NFL. There are a ton of guys that can kick accurate balls.

Bring them in or something, I don't care if you can boot the ball seventy yards, there is no point if you can't accurately get the kick. Mason is still young and has loads of potential, but at this point should the Pack stick with him or go with a more reliable guy? I am just wondering, my personal opinion is that he is on the fence in GB and if his accuracy at year's end is around 80% again, look for GB to draft someone mid round.

With all due respect, we've got bigger fish to fry than a kicker.

OP
OP
dansz15

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect, we've got bigger fish to fry than a kicker.

I know that, it's just my opinion that this is possibly they simplest one to fix. Bryant wouldn't have the range but would maybe put up more points and not make me get anxiety before a 25 yard field goal.

And Jess:

No, a 55 yarder is no chipshot, however shanking it like he did brings up other concerns.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Crosby's problems beyond 45 yards are all mental. He's made the kicks before. But I think he does doubt his accuracy at those lengths, and he freaks out and over does it. That's why you see so much of it wide left, as he's putting too much into it.

At this point, I don't think they should attempt much beyond 45 until he can prove he can do it consistantly. he hasn't done it much in practice either. His rookie season he was much better. But unless he gets his head together, he's a liability. I expect he will have competition in camp next year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You do realize that Crosby's longest field goal in his career is 53 yards. What makes you think he can hit from 60?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You do realize that Crosby's longest field goal in his career is 53 yards. What makes you think he can hit from 60?

The fact that he almost hit from 60 in the preseason.

The fact that the 55 yarder he missed had more than enough leg.

He has no accuracy, but his epic leg strength can't be denied.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The fact that he almost hit from 60 in the preseason.

The fact that the 55 yarder he missed had more than enough leg.

He has no accuracy, but his epic leg strength can't be denied.
I hate to tell you, but when kicking field goals, accuracy actually counts. If you can't get it between the poles it does not matter if you can kick the ball 80 yards.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I hate to tell you, but when kicking field goals, accuracy actually counts. If you can't get it between the poles it does not matter if you can kick the ball 80 yards.

You don't seem to understand. I want to keep him because he can kick far. Being able to kick it far means there's like a 1 out of 20 chance he hits from 60 to win a game. Those odds are better than hitting a hail mary to win a game.

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this keeps up TT will need to bring in competition or look for a new kicker. I hope Crosby does not end up costing us games again this year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby will develop into a very good kicker. He has the leg to do it, and let's face it, a kicker only gets consistent after some years. He's young.

However, they should've brought in competition. We cannot keep waiting for him to develop while he costs us games.

Latest posts