Marvin To Minnesota?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Whenever we mention the name “Charley Walters” in this space, many Vikings fans stop reading. For the rest of you, Walters reports under the “Don’t Print That” portion of his column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press that there’s “buzz” that the Vikings “might” sign receiver Marvin Harrison to a “one-year, low-end deal” to provide competition [...]

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who lives in Minnesota (like me) and follows sports religiously (like me) knows that 99.999% of what Charley Walters writes is BS speculation with no merit whatsoever.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taking less money to catch passes from a 40 year old, man that sounds like a good deal for him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tampa was looking at him too...

One has to wonder did Brett say I need a top WR?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting nervous that they will get Marvin and will put it all on the line for 1 year to finish out strong. Still a lot of speculation, but I can see it happening.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is still a good receiver who just needs to get back into football shape. But yeah, not playing for a great part of 2 years is going to slow him down some, but I can see him bouncing back if he works hard. DAM SPECULATION! Is the season here yet???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is still a good receiver who just needs to get back into football shape. But yeah, not playing for a great part of 2 years is going to slow him down some, but I can see him bouncing back if he works hard. DAM SPECULATION! Is the season here yet???
He has worked hard the last 2 years. He's very well known for his professional off-field conduct (except for the bar incident). He has tried to maintain shape, but is just too old... IMO he's done.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he would never to put up 1200+ receiving yards, but he could still be a good receiver for Vikings if they got him. If they got Favre he could throw the deep ball (which he likes to do a lot) and have an expierenced wide receiver like Harrison to be there to make a play.

Members online

Latest posts