Marvin Lewis: Replacement ref didn’t know defenseless receiver rule

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is going to support his boss, as JJ is the biggest supporter of this situation. The way JJ goes through coaches it's in his best interest. His familys food on the table > integrity of the game.

I disagree. To say he would be criticizing the new guys if not for JJ is without merit. There's no way you could possibly know that.

NFL officials are reviewed and scored. They have been for years. This is how they decide who works playoff games and the Superbowl. This is common knowledge.

Notice I mentioned consequences that have teeth. If you score below a certain level for the whole season, you spend the next season on probation. If you don't make significant improvements over the course of your probation year, you're gone. Fired. Outta here! That would take care of the Bill Levys, the Jeff Triplettes, the Walt Colemans and Pete Morellis of the league. If you score above a certain level, you get a bigger pay raise and the extra income that comes with officiating playoff games.

Currently, the review system they have only rewards excellence. It provide consequences for ineptitude.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do you know why that is? It's because the NFLRA insisted on have replays done by the Referee on the field because it hurt their fragile egos to be overruled. Reviews don't take NEARLY as long in college because they do it in the booth. It's also the new policy of reviewing every turnover and scoring play, which is ridiculous.

Like I said before, what's stopping you? Stand in solidarity with your union brethren and boycott the game for the sake of those poor, mistreated, wealthy officials!:roflmao:

It's because the replacements are lost out there, not because of replay rules.

I'm not part of a union...never have been. In fact I was part of "management." I am waiting to see if this gets resolved soon. If not, then I'll spend my sports entertainment money on world football, preferably Bundesliga.

So are you saying that you think one per cent of total revenues and the forfeiture of half of their previous pension without negotiation is greedy? Do you think a salary of 25,000 for a person in professional ad supported televised sports under the scrutiny of thousands of people is greedy?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year's lockout I sided against the NFL. This year I'm siding once again, against the NFL. If they cared anything about player safety like they say they do and fine they do, then these refs wouldn't be out there. People like to say they only work Sundays but it's a full week part year job for most of these guys.

I understand the NFL's point of- "Hey they're gonna watch either way, replacement refs aren't gonna hurt our bottom line" but yes, they will. I believe t.v turnout might not go down this year as we're all so accustomed to watching all the games. But sooner or later losing the trust of the fans, and chasing that almighty dollar will come back to hurt Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Also not too impressed with you Mr. Goodell on your handling of the Bounty Gate scandal.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopped reading right there.

Two problems with that statement. You say my anti-union bias is behind my position. Allow me to correct that assertion. I'm putting my anti-union bias front and center, and not afraid to say so.

Second, there are coaches, players and countless fans who have no problem with the new guys.

I'm going to turn that back on you except I'm going to be a little less diplomatic and much more direct to the point. Either you're a union hack or you're a blooming idiot.
As usual, Ivo (not a union hack) is being too kind, and I fully embrace the blooming idiot part (but not for any reasons detailed in this thread, though).

You say there are coaches, players and countless fans who have no problem with the new guys.

Well, there's Jason Garrett, I guess. That's one coach. And there are some players who are on board. But they're in the minority, at least according to the results of the player survey I provided a link for earlier in this thread. Countless fans? Depends upon what you mean by "countless". Any surveys you'd like to show us that identify a growing support among NFL fans applauding the job of the replacements?

Baseless statements, misrepresentations, and churlish responses are the hallmarks of your replies in this thread. Perhaps the unionized teachers in the public school system have failed you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is done

PM me if you have issues

Please do not make another thread on this unless they come close to settling or settle

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me make this clear..

I think the replacement refs are capable of learning how to officiate in the NFL..They can and will learn from their mistakes..

I DO think they are WORSE RIGHT NOW on average than the refs we had all these years (notice I didnt say fake, so please omit your condescending remarks towards me about using that term) They have blown very simple calls...

Refs from the past may have done some bone head calls, but not as often as the refs now.

Again the refs now can get better, but I do not want them costing a game from a stupid non call, or call that was very wrong...That is my main and only issue.

How right I was :(

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts