Marshawn Lynch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there because it seems to make sense:

- Marshawn Lynch is now the third string RB for Buffalo, behind Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. The Bills are thought to be the worst team in the league and a top candidate for #1 pick in the 2011 draft. The Bills need players at all positions and draft picks.

- The Packers are only carrying two running backs. Brandon Jackson is injury prone and nothing special.

Why not offer the Bills something for Lynch? He could be a change-of-pace for Grant, return punts and return kicks. He's young and explosive.

This move is not a typical GB move because of Lynch's character issues. Why not take the chance?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleh... Lynch is too much of a meathead for my tastes to be a #3 but I could see why someone would want him. Grant would have to go down for significant time before I'd even entertain the thought and it'd be for no more than a 6th.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleh... Lynch is too much of a meathead for my tastes to be a #3 but I could see why someone would want him. Grant would have to go down for significant time before I'd even entertain the thought and it'd be for no more than a 6th.

A meathead, yes, but a meathead who can play special teams and work some really nice swing passes. The return game is the Packers one glaring weakness.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussed this quite a bit. I'm not wild about it but it wouldn't be horrible.

Very highly doubt he will add anything on ST or the return game.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it happened, I'd be as surprised as I was when.... wait, I'd be more shocked than anything in Packers history.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He returned kicks in college, I think. I'm sort of a closet Cal fan and seem to remember it. I'd look it up but I'm on dialup right now. haha

Sure the stats our out there somewhere to answer that argument though. Still don't think he's an NFL caliber return guy though.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He returned kicks in college, I think. I'm sort of a closet Cal fan and seem to remember it. I'd look it up but I'm on dialup right now. haha

Sure the stats our out there somewhere to answer that argument though. Still don't think he's an NFL caliber return guy though.

Wasn't he there with DeSean Jackson? If he was then he probably only did it when he was hurt.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
33 Returns for 744 yards in college on kicks. 22 yard average. Not very spectacular. I just don't see the return ability out of him. I'd rather have a guy like Clifton Smith or something similar to that.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
33 Returns for 744 yards in college on kicks. 22 yard average. Not very spectacular. I just don't see the return ability out of him. I'd rather have a guy like Clifton Smith or something similar to that.

I agree. A guy like Smith is more experienced at returning and comes much, much cheaper. Instead of giving up a draft pick or player, they'd be signing a "street FA".

I like Lynch because he provides backup for Grant. He has the ability to return kicks too. Remember, GB would have drafted him if Buffalo didn't take him at #12.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think I was in favor of trying to getting Lynch one point but I've discussing this topic ad nauseum and now I just feel blah about the whole thing. I'd like to go after Steve Slaton if we were going to make a move.......wish we had done that before Ben Tate got hurt. He would have been a nice fit.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch has plenty of talent but the guy is such a tool that I would rather us try and get another back if we are in the market for one.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention I would rather make a move for a defensive back if we are going to go out there and do something. I'm surprised though we're not hearing more about him being shopped with the logjam they have their at the running back position.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention I would rather make a move for a defensive back if we are going to go out there and do something. I'm surprised though we're not hearing more about him being shopped with the logjam they have their at the running back position.
Amen brother, but I'll narrow it down a bit more I want a CB more than anything else if we make a trade.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM]YouTube - MARSHAWN LYNCH PLAYTIME!!![/ame]

Reaction score
How is brandon jackson injury prone. He got hurt for like 3 weeks in 1 year. Injury prone is when some 1 is consistently hurt. EX Justin Harell, Clintion portis. Second off Marshawn is not a good character player.

Members online

Latest posts