Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
apparently buffalo just brought up another running back from their practice squad... 4 running backs are too many... also we admitted jackson cant handle the full load. Does this mean anything?

Can you provide a link to back that up?

I checked the bills website and the news feed and neither had anything on that.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming the poster is referring to the Bills signing a RB to their practice squad. They signed Anderson to the practice squad because Bell (the RB they had on their practice squad) was picked up by the Eagles. A spot opened up and they filled it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. I remember reading that earlier today, which means it's really a non-story. If they had signed him to the active roster, I could see wondering what the deal is, but signing him to the practice squad means diddly.

I still think we give Jackson a shot for a couple games before pulling any kind of trigger. I also think Nance will be getting quite a few more carries, since we're doing the whole "Running Back By Committee" thing.

Greatcall

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B.Jackson not the answer

I don't understand why TT hasn't made a move at the RB position. Everyone knows in order to seriously contend for a Super Bowl run, you have to have a "home run" hitter at that position. Sorry, but BJ only has "warning track" power. Grant would have run for 150 yards against the Bills!:write:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry the link is fantasyfootballcafe.com its in the forums... the third one down in a thread called lynch deal inevitable. couldve been the practice squad im sorry if so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why TT hasn't made a move at the RB position. Everyone knows in order to seriously contend for a Super Bowl run, you have to have a "home run" hitter at that position. Sorry, but BJ only has "warning track" power. Grant would have run for 150 yards against the Bills!:write:

So you know for a fact Ted hasnt been trying?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So you know for a fact Ted hasnt been trying?

Good point. He might be looking, but other teams might be asking too much. Look what the Chargers did to the Vikings (hehe) with the Jackson deal. It's kind of like shopping for a car. You do your homework and go to the dealer knowing exactly how much you are going to pay. If it is over that, it's no deal.

My Uncle used to fill out a check for the amount he wanted to pay for a car and leave the name blank. Then he would go to the dealership and find the car he wanted. When the salesman would try to give him a high price, my Uncle would tell him exactly what he would pay for it. If the salesman balked, Unc would say; "That's too bad. I had a check filled out for the whole amount right here." He'd then turn around to leave. No salesman ever let him leave the lot. He always paid exactly what he wanted and the salesmen always caved. If the price isn't right, don't buy it.

Thompson probably has done his homework and knows exactly what he is willing to pay for another running back.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im assuming from the fact that we know the bills dont want to trade him means ted has been asking, but itsnt willing to mortgage any kind of future on the guy. and the bills are playing nah nah nah nah nah.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I think we Packer fans as a collective whole don't seem to appreciate is just how good, calculated and disciplined Ted really is. He doesn't over-react, he doesn't over pay and has a knack for bringing in solid talent for reasonable prices. ****, if some of the fans on this board had their way, we would have traded Finley, Jennings, Bulaga and a bunch of draft picks for Revis, Willis and Lynch.

Most of us don't often agree with most of the moves he makes, which tells me he's making the right decisions, tough as they may be for us to swallow.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I think we Packer fans as a collective whole don't seem to appreciate is just how good, calculated and disciplined Ted really is. He doesn't over-react, he doesn't over pay and has a knack for bringing in solid talent for reasonable prices. ****, if some of the fans on this board had their way, we would have traded Finley, Jennings, Bulaga and a bunch of draft picks for Revis, Willis and Lynch.

Most of us don't often agree with most of the moves he makes, which tells me he's making the right decisions, tough as they may be for us to swallow.
Ted Thompson will only get recognition when he wins a SB. That's how it goes.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh, I certainly understand that. He almost got it too, if not for a careless pass in OT.

Anyway, I get that he'll never get fan recognition for turning us into a team that's going to be able to actually compete for at least 5 years, maybe longer. Rings are all anyone cares about, which is fine. I like rings too. But I also appreciate that, because of Ted, we're set up to be an honest threat to contend every year for the next 5-10 years, as opposed to being a one or two hit wonder like some other teams. ::cough::Minnesota::cough::

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone will emerge if we can get them more than 11 carries and, you know, more than one at a time.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, rhythm is important, they just gotta take a chance on handing the rock off to all three backs, MM loves to throw the ball, even though he preaches balanced offense, he loves to throw the ball

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com today is showing francois LB added to practice squad and campbell T deleted...

loading an extra LB on?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He has gotten some love nationally for letting brett go more recently and he also did win GM of the year so its not like he has gone unnoticed.

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com today is showing francois LB added to practice squad and campbell T deleted...

loading an extra LB on?

Yeah, I noticed they dropped a O-lineman from the squad to make room. Francois had a couple of good plays in preseason. A conspiry theorist might think this is a prep for a pending trade involving one of our linebackers. Although I was under the impression that Buffalo was more interested in an offensive tackle.

I think the Lynch deal isn't going to happen. Sounds like Buffalo is going to start using him and giving Spiller time to come along more slowly.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
:lol:

Spiller is their most explosive back. BY A LOT. So, naturally, it makes sense to keep him on the bench for much of the game.

Idiots. This is why they suck.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could be showcasing Lynch in an effort to drive up trade value for him before the deadline too. The trade deadline isn't until October 19th, and their season is dead anyway, so this is the only reason why I could think they would move Spiller to 3rd string.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
They know the season is hopeless. I think this year is Chan Gailey's year to assess the team. Who he wants around, who he wants to get rid of, and what he needs to address (everything, ha). Either way, I'm pretty sure this is basically an exhibition season to him, until he can get a QB in next year's draft and start anew.

I've heard rumors that they might throw the season just to get the 1st overall pick. The extra benefit behind this is that if there is a lockout, I've heard the plan is to repeat the draft in the same order 2 years in a row. That's two #1 overall picks 2 years in a row. That's a lot of incentive for the Bills to just scrap the season and make sure their stars (what few they have) don't get injured.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They know the season is hopeless. I think this year is Chan Gailey's year to assess the team. Who he wants around, who he wants to get rid of, and what he needs to address (everything, ha). Either way, I'm pretty sure this is basically an exhibition season to him, until he can get a QB in next year's draft and start anew.

I've heard rumors that they might throw the season just to get the 1st overall pick. The extra benefit behind this is that if there is a lockout, I've heard the plan is to repeat the draft in the same order 2 years in a row. That's two #1 overall picks 2 years in a row. That's a lot of incentive for the Bills to just scrap the season and make sure their stars (what few they have) don't get injured.

I doubt there will be a lockout.. God I hope not anyways. No Packer football will ruin a year of my life.

Latest posts