Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolbert is similar to what we have in Kuhn. A fullback type. We need an every down back like Lynch to carry a decent load for us. Jackson did look good, but it was also the Bills. Lynch looked good to me and with a pass game like ours could be dangerous. I would trade Lang if it got us Lynch, no questions

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing is insane. He isnt that good, you could find someone on a practice squad that would do the same if not better for less.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Colts were DEAD LAST in the league in rushing last season and only managed to win 14 games AND make it to the Super Bowl.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing is insane. He isnt that good, you could find someone on a practice squad that would do the same if not better for less.

There is a reason guys are on practice squads and guys that make rosters.. Because they are better, get real.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason guys are on practice squads and guys that make rosters.. Because they are better, get real.

I'm sure Arian Foster would agree with you.

Guys, it's time to put all this trade talk to bed. You don't need a good running game to win anymore. As I said before, the Colts were dead last in rushing last year. The Chargers, who finished 13-3 and went to the divisional round of the playoffs, were second to last in rushing. All you need is a good enough run game to take some heat off and run the clock down. I believe we have that now.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA

wanna tell me where Ryan Grant came from????

Oh riiight, THE PRACTICE SQUAD!

Let me throw this one out there. Kurt Warner wasn't even on our practice squad. We just plain old cut him. Anyhow, what works on one team might not work an another.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm sure Arian Foster would agree with you.

Guys, it's time to put all this trade talk to bed. You don't need a good running game to win anymore. As I said before, the Colts were dead last in rushing last year. The Chargers, who finished 13-3 and went to the divisional round of the playoffs, were second to last in rushing. All you need is a good enough run game to take some heat off and run the clock down. I believe we have that now.
I believe I counted 8 of the top 14 teams in the league in rushing were playoff teams.

You can't cherrypick 2 examples to prove your point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me throw this one out there. Kurt Warner wasn't even on our practice squad. We just plain old cut him. Anyhow, what works on one team might not work an another.

Never heard of him. Is he related to that guy that torched us in the Playoffs? Cant be I mean if he was even related to someone who got cut he must be terrible.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI]YouTube - Iverson Practice![/ame]

any excuse I can make to post this I will

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe I counted 8 of the top 14 teams in the league in rushing were playoff teams.

No, you ignored my broader point, which is WE DON'T NEED THE BEST RUSHING GAME IN THE LEAGUE TO WIN GAMES!

Hopefully I emphasized that point enough.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are some traits to show if the Packers' running game is being effective:

Ball security. This is the #1 thing the Packers ask of their RBs.
Pass protection. The backs need to be able to pick up blitzes.
Keep defenses honest. Mainly play action passes needs to work.
RZ efficiency. When we get in there, they need to be able to score.

So far, we have done well. The Packers will never be a running team. It's nice if they're getting 5 yards per carry, but with Rodgers and CO, they don't need to. NO TEAM has shut down our passing game. It is the closest to impossible in the NFL. But a few things in the running game needs to happen for us to be able to pass effecively, and those are being accomplished.

You can't take one team's blueprint and post into another and say it'll work. We have ours, and it's working on offense.
-
BTW, The Colts were an awful running team last year, and the year before the Steelers were #31 and the Cardinals #32. The year before, the Patriots were #13. In 06, the Colts were #18. You know what all the teams that reached the SB, except in 05, had in common? All had elite QBs, all were passing teams.

You do win with Defense and Running game. If you're in the 80's.

You need a good defense, and you need your running game to work for you (that isn't measured in yards and YPC only). But what you really need to win SBs is team mentality and QB play.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you ignored my broader point, which is WE DON'T NEED THE BEST RUSHING GAME IN THE LEAGUE TO WIN GAMES!

Hopefully I emphasized that point enough.

You've emphasized it more than enough, its just a stupid point. Yes we have a great pass game, but if you say you don't need a run game in the NFL you're just ignorant. I believe having a good run game and a good pass game is very beneficial. Ask New Orleans what a good run game can do for a pass first offense...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it's not a stupid point. Nor does it make me ignorant. Evidence is evidence, and more than enough evidence to support my point has been provided.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So because the Colts made it to the Super Bowl and lost, thats more than enough evidence that you don't need a run game in the NFL?

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So because the Colts made it to the Super Bowl and lost, thats more than enough evidence that you don't need a run game in the NFL?
The Saints really didn't have a great running game last year either. The Chargers didn't have a great run game. In this style of offense you don't really have to have a top notch run game. Our short yardage passing game is really our true run game. As long as the Play Action game is working that's all that matters.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not true. Some guys just don't get a fair shake, or they are trapped behind some really good backs, or perhaps things just don't click on a certain team, etc. The NFL is full of stories of guys who were PS guys on a certain team, or cut by a team and went on to have successful stints elsewhere. Ryan Grant being one of them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm, no. Not at all what I said. What I said was you don't need to have a great running game in this league to win games and make it to the Super Bowl. The Colts are one example from last year. Someone else already pointed out the Cardinals and Steelers as another example from the year before- They had the 32 and 31 running games in the league, respectively. So bottom line is you don't have to have the best running game in the league to win. You don't even need to be in the top half of all teams.

It's already been mentioned that there are a lot more intangibles that encompass the run game besides YPC. Blocking, setting up play action, short yardage scoring opportunities are also key components of the run game and is something our run game does well.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some traits to show if the Packers' running game is being effective:

Ball security. This is the #1 thing the Packers ask of their RBs.
Pass protection. The backs need to be able to pick up blitzes.
Keep defenses honest. Mainly play action passes needs to work.
RZ efficiency. When we get in there, they need to be able to score.

So far, we have done well. The Packers will never be a running team. It's nice if they're getting 5 yards per carry, but with Rodgers and CO, they don't need to. NO TEAM has shut down our passing game. It is the closest to impossible in the NFL. But a few things in the running game needs to happen for us to be able to pass effecively, and those are being accomplished.

You can't take one team's blueprint and post into another and say it'll work. We have ours, and it's working on offense.
-
BTW, The Colts were an awful running team last year, and the year before the Steelers were #31 and the Cardinals #32. The year before, the Patriots were #13. In 06, the Colts were #18. You know what all the teams that reached the SB, except in 05, had in common? All had elite QBs, all were passing teams.

You do win with Defense and Running game. If you're in the 80's.

You need a good defense, and you need your running game to work for you (that isn't measured in yards and YPC only). But what you really need to win SBs is team mentality and QB play.
Excellent post.:happy0005:

bhepper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Saints losing Reggie for at least I'm gonna say 6 weeks if not more, I wonder if the Saints will start to look themselves. I have to say, I'd rather us have Lynch then have him go there. Regardless of whether we need him or not.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this still here? AJ played all day on sunday all but quashing this made up topic. We should be trying to get one of Dallas' backs for a backup OLineman. They need, we need.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this still here? AJ played all day on sunday all but quashing this made up topic. We should be trying to get one of Dallas' backs for a backup OLineman. They need, we need.

Lynch is better IMO and the Bills need help everywhere, hopefully they are in talks for him right now, we need help in the backfield badly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts