Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, I meant Bulaga = Lynch and Bill's 2nd pick. Which is still a horrible deal. No way GB makes that silly deal. LT's are hard to find.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no talk about the Packers trading Bulaga. The trade wouldn't make sense for GB. Plus, Buffalo could have drafted him if they wanted him.

Also, don't quote me on this, but I believe there may be a rule against trading first year draft picks. Not 100% sure though.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, Bills fans are getting carried away with this. I'm surprised they aren't asking for Rodgers..

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are you guys reading this Bulaga + a 2nd stuff? I was reading on the Bills forums and they were saying that "Talks are suppose to intensify this week" and that the deal was Lang and pick for Lynch and a late pick...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be ok giving up Lang. I think we have decent depth on the right side and can pick up another guy in the draft.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Oh, I was on a different Bills forum... Chris Mortenson was tweeting today that Bills management was potentially in Green Bay after the game to talk about a trade.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think was him....maybe someone else?

No, it was him. It was on his twitter account. It was a little more vague than coming straight out and saying that they were staying over in Green Bay, but he said that Bills/Packers could be meeting after the game to revisit the trade talks (Was what he'd been hearing)... There's an article over on the Bills sites called BuffaloRumblings, I'd post the link but can't because of post count...

I know it's been said in this thread before but it's important to remember that this is ALL speculation and is just a rumor...

Mortensen reported that the Bills are seeking a starter-preferably and an O-lineman, as well as a draft pick for Lynch. Personally, I think that sounds like a steep price. Lang was in the talks but I don't even know that I'd be comfortable with that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Bills fans must be getting all desperate and making up their own fantasy team because their reality sucks. They can't all be off their rockers.

Yeah, it's pretty depressing over there for the bills fans. It reminds me of when the Packers really stunk.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk confirmed after the game today that he is selling his house in De Pere, WI. He said that it had nothing to do with the prospect that he may not be with the team next year however. He said it was because his wife, Laura is due with their first child in December.

“We live on the water, and we don’t want her being around water,” Hawk said. “We’ve heard too many horror stories about that. So, that’s the main reason, and we’re going to get a main place back in Ohio so we don’t want to have two houses.”

Nick Barnett was joking after the game about the Bills RB situation saying, “They have some good backs. Let's be honest, they've got a good backfield,” Barnett said. “We're going to steal one of those guys, hopefully.”

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ok saw his tweet bout the 2 sides re-visting but nothing from him saying the Bills stayed over

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hopefully they can work something out that doesn't cripple our depth on the OL while still allowing us to bring on Lynch. He wasn't as impressive as I expected, but he did look better than what we got now. They definitely played him to shop him, no doubt about that. He made a sweet cut and two packer defnders just overran him. That was sweet.

B-jack was a disappointment to be honest. Too much dancing on the line. I'm sure he'll get better with more reps, but still. Marshan Lynch could put us over the hill to a SB if he regains some of his all pro form.

So the bill's want a Starter, plus an O-lineman and a PICK!? Who do they think Lynch is? Chris Johnson?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok saw his tweet bout the 2 sides re-visting but nothing from him saying the Bills stayed over

Yeah, saw that too. The article I read said that he mentioned them staying over. Then I read his tweet, sounds like it was a possibility, but not confirmed.

That's why rumors suck, people (Writers) feel like they have to add substance to the "Insiders" and "Sources" comments, then it gets blown up a little...

Edited my previous post...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully they can work something out that doesn't cripple our depth on the OL while still allowing us to bring on Lynch. He wasn't as impressive as I expected, but he did look better than what we got now. They definitely played him to shop him, no doubt about that. He made a sweet cut and two packer defnders just overran him. That was sweet.

B-jack was a disappointment to be honest. Too much dancing on the line. I'm sure he'll get better with more reps, but still. Marshan Lynch could put us over the hill to a SB if he regains some of his all pro form.

So the bill's want a Starter, plus an O-lineman and a PICK!? Who do they think Lynch is? Chris Johnson?

I thought Lynch looked solid today. I mean our run D isn't a pushover. He looked like the most explosive of their 3 backs, but then again he got a majority of the carries so...

I think if anything today strengthened the Bills position on dealing Lynch and weakened ours. Our run game looked HORRIBLE today. It's not going to work as it sits. We just got lucky because we were playing the Bills. I want Lynch, but I don't want to be stupid and overpay for him.

And no, they want a starter (Preferably an O-Lineman, sounds like Lang) and a pick, for Lynch and a late pick. I don't know how high of a pick they want though, I think anything higher than a 3rd is too high.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give Lang and a 4th all day long for Lynch. All Lang did last year was show promise, it's not that hard to look good next to Colledge last year.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides paying him more than minimum to be on our practice squad, I thought the packers promised Giacomini a promotion to the 53 man roster down the line this season? His position being RT, a Lang trade wouldn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me. Granted, I wouldn't feel comfortable with Rodgers behind Giacomini, but as long as one of the two veteran tackles stay healthy, Bulaga can play for the one that isn't.

Bulaga has taken reps at right tackle in practice or a preseason game, hasn't he? That sounds right to me, but I don't remember when/where that was.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Green Bay go in a different direction and find out if Mike Tolbert (RB) in San Diego is available via trade. He is a load and very explosive as well. He is 3rd String in San Diego and would bring a true power dimension to our backfield.

Members online

Latest posts