1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by matter2003, Sep 14, 2010.

1. matter2003

matter2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I am a poster from TwoBillsDrive, one of the major Bills boards, and was reading a rumor about a pending trade of AJ Hawk to the Bills for Marshawn Lynch. Here is a little background on how this all came to be:

a respected poster on BuffaloBills.com, the Bills official site posted that his brother in law in Ohio just told him that he was told by an NFL LB who is involved in his construction company that he is about to be traded to the Buffalo Bills for a running back. Poster wouldn't give up who the player was, but said it is a known player in the NFL. Other people looked into it and found out that AJ Hawk is a partner in a construction company in Columbus, OH.

An aside to this is that another person met Marshawn Lynch in a small town bar in the WNY area where he is dating a girl, and he told him he wouldn't be in Buffalo after week 4.

You guys lost Grant for the year, Lynch is a former pro-bowl back that is basically the odd-man out right now in Buffalo since we have CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson, seems like this trade would benefit both parties, especially since we have multiple converted 4-3 DE's attempting to play OLB in a 3-4 scheme, and doing it very poorly for the most part(especially Chris Kelsay).

Any one hear anything about this, or does any know someone that might be able to substantiate any of this?

Just curious, as this seems pretty legit coming from the person who posted it, as he is a longtime poster who doesn't normally post things like that.

I cannot post the link because I have no posts here, since I am not a Packers fan, but you can check it out at twobillsdrive dot com, click the stadium wall section, and look for the post entitled "Interesting rumor on BB dot com message board"
  2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I know nothing of it, but I fully support it. Lynch is buried there, Hawk has fallen out of favor here, it makes all the sense in the world.

Just not sure Lynch is "Packer People", which will concern some people. Not me, though. Winning > Character, and Lynch would help us win.

And imagine the two back monster when Grant comes back next year! Mmmm.
  3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings Received:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    I think they said the same thing about Woodson, that he wasn't a player that would fit into GB and he's done pretty well here.

Makes sense. We do have a ton of depth at LBs and Hawk was riding the pine the last game so it kind of makes sense. Although, Hawk is in on our base D and B Jack did play pretty well coming into the game. But, interesting rumor.
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I have inside soruces that have said the 53 we have now will be the 53 we are stuck with

but that doesnt mean will not change their minds in 2 weeks

[ame=http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=288237]OK Just got this news - Buffalobills.com Message Board[/ame]

lol at them posting Hawks 1at two year stats and saying he will be good

but lets remember this is a RUMOR
  5. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Honestly id welcome lynch with open arms, yes hes had some trouble in the past, but id think alot of the problems players get themselves into and the bad situations they find themselves in just dont exist in a small town like GB, essentially reforming them of their misdeeds of the pas because their vices are no longer as easily available

hawk has never been too impressive
  6. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Not happening based on the sole fact we signed Nance.
  7. matter2003

matter2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If Chris Kelsay is still our starting OLB this week when we play(get murdered) by you guys, you will see why we want Hawk. He has no business ever stepping on the field as an NFL LB again. He is way too slow and looks completely clueless out there. In fairness, he is a converted 4-3 DE, but still...way too slow to be playing OLB in the NFL...
  8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings Received:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Kind of sounds like what happened to Kampman. He just couldn't convert to LB.
  9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings Received:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Don't think it matters, you can always cut him again if the trade for Lynch went through.
  10. chucknorris101

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    we do play the bills this week and i dont think they wanted to go into a game so short on RBs. anyone reasonable would wait til after this week to trade, hell maybe itd happen that afternoon so the guys could just ride home with the other team.

nance actually makes more sense now if this is in the works, as opposed to a willie parker or fargas who wouldve wanted more dough
  11. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 9 / -2
    Lynch doesn't seem like my type of player. I don't think we need a new Rb to win this divison. .
  12. chucknorris101

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    then we ship him elsewhere for a CB hes more marketable that hawk id think
  13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    Here's why I buy this more than most rumors. And it's not because of the he said/she said nature of it.

Unlike most rumors I come across on this site, this makes complete sense for both teams. As the Bills fan pointed out, they need a 3-4 linebacker, we just so happen to have one of those sitting on our bench. And a pretty serviceable one at that. We need a running back, they happen to have a 1000 yard runner rotting away on their sidelines. Spiller was obviously taken to replace him, Buffalo's probably looking to deal Lynch.

This is pretty much the only rumor I can remember seeing here that absolutely makes complete sense for both teams. I'm not getting my hopes up, but this one feels exponentially more plausible than any of the rumors I'm used to seeing here.
  14. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, this just doesn't seem like a TT move to me. I agree it makes sense for both sides but i also have confidence in B. Jackson
  15. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 3 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    im sorry but guys forget the hype with any running back with a name... we know ted thompson and he wont grab anyone from free agency with a name... dont get worked up its not worth it.
  16. chucknorris101

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    He brought C wood, are you complaining?

id rather he only jump on the gems in the market than bring in dime a dozen vets to fill minor holes that young guys could grow into and potentially become better in.
  17. asshalo

asshalo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First reaction: if it smells like a rumor...It more than likely is a rumor

For discussions sake, here's my two sense
    Reasons this trade makes sense:
    -Supposedly Thompson really wanted Lynch in the 2007 draft and have attributed the head-scratching pick in Harrell in part because they could not get Lynch.
    - Hawk had no use in the defense last Sunday and he's not remotely worthy of his salary next year ($10 million).
    - Lynch is a very expensive third string RB and the Bills may want to part ways because of character issues.
    - Thompson has been accused of waiting until the 11th hour to handle depth issues (think safety last year).

Reasons it does not make sense:
    -I think Green Bay should get something else here in addition to Lynch. Though Hawk didn't play he would start on many many defenses in the NFL.
    - Lynch has a myriad of legal issues-- nothing overtly horrible, just makes you really question his intelligence. -- Is he a team player for any team let alone the packers? Lynch doesn't seem like that much of a value pick-up for Thompson, who often dabbles in undrafted free agents and developmental players.
  18. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I actually think in a straight up Lynch for Hawk deal we're ripping them off. Hawk's been a decent player for a few years, I suppose, but Marshawn Lynch has 2 1000 yard seasons in his only seasons starting in his past.
  19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings Received:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Remember Quinn Porter? He got waived, but he could be called back once he is healthy.

"Packers waived RB Quinn Porter.
    They had placed him on injured reserve last week, but instead they'll save some money and give him an injury settlement. It's possible Porter, who has a sprained MCL, could return to Green Bay later this year." - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (sept 6th).
  20. +RAY+

+RAY+ Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree totally!! And id be all for that trade!!!
  21. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    I don't see a trade happening. That's not our way, and from the comments on the Bills forum, it sounds like it's not their way either.

Tell your boys at the Bills forum that GB isn't "shopping Hawk hard." No idea where that came from, but the reason he sat out most of the game is because he plays in the base defense and we spent the whole game in Nickel.

Hawk is a solid LB. He hasn't lived up to his draft spot, but you can't blame him for that. He's been consistently productive, so there's no real need to cut him.

Besides, we just signed the kid from Atlanta. Unless that was purely a CYA pickup, I'm not sure we go through the hassle just to bring in someone else a week later. I'll be surprise if he's even active this weekend.
  22. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +220 / 6 / -2
    After reading through the thread on the Bills forums half of them don't even want Hawk lol...

I didn't realize that A-Rod and Lynch were teammates at Cal but apparently they were.
  23. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 9 / -2
    Hes not from free agency. Hes on a team. Rather than just giving him a deal like you would in free agency. We have to pay his contract and whatever we give him
  24. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    searching his salary seems like under 800,000$ for THIS year
  25. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Can't see this trade happening to be honest