Mark Tauscher

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't live in Packerland so I don't get all the news. I was wondering if anybody knows if Mark Tauscher has any interest in coming back to GB? How has his rehab gone? What are the chances MM and TT will try to bring him in after the horrendous showing by the O-line?

How much is he looking for in compensation now that he is a free agent. Would be nice to have a veteran back out there on the line. Would he even be in condition to play.

If GB does try to bring him in. After watching the game lat night, he probably just added a Million or two to what he would want. :frustrated:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I havent heard that much at all..Other then he should be ready to pass a physical by end of the month?

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Taucher is expected to be rehabitated from his knee operation sometime in October. If and When he is ready to be in football shape, is the question.

Ted Thompson has not ruled out having Tauscher back with the Packers.

Since Mark is not in good postion to get a great payday and a long term contract. He is on the wrong side of thirty and has had two serious operations on the same knee.
Tauscher would come back to Green Bay in heart beat. Tausch is Wisconsin guy and a long time Packer.

If big money is some where else. Tauscher would have to consider another offer from another team.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They mentioned (joked about) bringing Tauscher back during the game sunday night but they said he wouldnt be ready for a while with rehab and then signing and workouts and so on.... It would be nice and hopefully he could teach barbre a thing or two.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to relax and give Barbre some time. He had a good preseason and won the starting job. I have to admit that during the game I was calling 911 for a right tackle. It was only one game against a good defensive line. Mark T is out of the picture and is not even a good short term solution due to his condition. If he had any value some other team would have picked him up by now.

I believe it is too late for TT to address the position now, he needs to stick with his game plan. I was concerned in the off season that TT was not doing enough for the o-line, making his pick of Quin Johnson and keeping 3 fullbacks questionable.

We have 2 more games to keep this o-line together as one unit to gel and work the bugs out before we have to make a decision. Hopefuly by the Monday Night game things have worked their way out.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope Tauscher puts the snake TT over a barrel and gives him the reaming he deserves...although Ted would probably like that! :air_kiss:

Tausch should ask for like $8mil....

It's been 6 years and Mr. 31-33 still hasn't fixed the O-Line...haha.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to relax and give Barbre some time. He had a good preseason and won the starting job. I have to admit that during the game I was calling 911 for a right tackle. It was only one game against a good defensive line. Mark T is out of the picture and is not even a good short term solution due to his condition. If he had any value some other team would have picked him up by now.

I believe it is too late for TT to address the position now, he needs to stick with his game plan. I was concerned in the off season that TT was not doing enough for the o-line, making his pick of Quin Johnson and keeping 3 fullbacks questionable.

We have 2 more games to keep this o-line together as one unit to gel and work the bugs out before we have to make a decision. Hopefuly by the Monday Night game things have worked their way out.

Quinn Johnson was a great pick, he is a devastating lead blocker which they don't have, and paired up with Grant who runs very tough Quinn would allow him to get through the line and hopefully take on a NT or LB while Grant runs behind him for a few more yards. Give Quinn some time, he is not athletic like Hall or Kuhn are, but as for blocking he has potential to be one of the best in the league in the near future.

RJay715

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to throw Barbre off the ship yet. He had a tough assignment in his first game. I want to see how he does against the Bengals. If he plays as bad as he did Sunday night then I would say get him off of the line because he can't handle it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not ready to throw Barbre off the ship yet. He had a tough assignment in his first game. I want to see how he does against the Bengals. If he plays as bad as he did Sunday night then I would say get him off of the line because he can't handle it.

Joe Panos ex Wi Badger and played a while in the nfl...

He does some call in on 102.9 the hog out of Milwaukee...

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 as very very worried he rated Alan a 6.

Said all the mistakes Alan did were fundamental mistakes..He talked about dropping foot, so he couldnt push the guy at a 45 degree angle, things like that

He said everyone has a game or two like that, and he thinks that is something can can be and SHOULD be fixable.

If it happens again then the guy needs to be bench

RJay715

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Said all the mistakes Alan did were fundamental mistakes..He talked about dropping foot, so he couldnt push the guy at a 45 degree angle, things like that

He said everyone has a game or two like that, and he thinks that is something can can be and SHOULD be fixable.

Sounds like it was just nerves then. A lot of times players try to be way too much, and end up being worse than they really are. Hopefully he just plays to get the job done from now on and doesn't try to outplay himself.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tauscher will not be ready in time for this season. The O-line problem needed to be tacken care of for a couple years now. I don't understand why TT didn't lok harder in free agency? There was a RT available from Buffalo and we didn't even make an offer.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Whatever it is, Barbre and the rest of the O-line better get it fixed fast before Rogers gets his head knocked off.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn Johnson was a great pick, he is a devastating lead blocker which they don't have, and paired up with Grant who runs very tough Quinn would allow him to get through the line and hopefully take on a NT or LB while Grant runs behind him for a few more yards. Give Quinn some time, he is not athletic like Hall or Kuhn are, but as for blocking he has potential to be one of the best in the league in the near future.

I am giving you the arguement that Quin Johnson will be a stud, but I place more importance on building an offense with a solid O-Line first. I wish MM and TT had done more to get better players for the O-line, seems to me we are heavy in the fullback position and are having problems with the foundation of our offense. In the short term Quin Johnson is not a factor, they did not even suit him up for the game.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is no time to give babre time.... we are in the regular season now and with games against teams like the vikings coming up when his play will be crucial (even more than normal) to them winning. I also dont think its too late to find a better replacement, im not sure what the o tackle fa market looks like. But I think now is the time to be critical, not sit back and wait. IMO

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is no time to give babre time.... we are in the regular season now and with games against teams like the vikings coming up when his play will be crucial (even more than normal) to them winning. I also dont think its too late to find a better replacement, im not sure what the o tackle fa market looks like. But I think now is the time to be critical, not sit back and wait. IMO

Like Bill Parcels once said, "What, you want me to dial 1-800- Need a QB". Its not that easy with lineman either. I agree if that lineman does exist do it, like you said we are already into the season so the chances of finding a lneman to fit our system is slim.:)

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agreed. Any Offensive lineman worth anything has been signed. I don't think your going to find any Vets ready to go just sitting around waiting for a call. I guess we are basically going to have to make due with what we got and hope that was just rookie nerves and every game going forward the O-line gets better.

It can't get much worse can it? So theoretically, with more reps, coaching, the o-Line has to improve right.

At least that is what I keep telling myself as I rock back and forth staring at the wall, muttering about the O-line and Rogers getting sacked 4 times and drilled by Urlacher.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give MM some blame for the O-line play, maybe 25% was his fault. His play calling was very predictable early and that snowballed into real predictable stuff by 2down or 3down in long situations.

You bring up A-rod getting drilled. Some posts on other sites have critized A-rods play. I thought he had a great game, considering. He had a # of big hits, made some bad decisions and things were very close and not going well. With all that at home infront of the fans he pulled it together at the end with no INTs for a win. I bet A-rod would say that game was not fun but at the end gratifying

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm all for giving a guy a chance, but at what cost to the Packers? I'm a stickler when it comes to consistent O-line play. TT had plenty of time to evaluate from his cut-rate options, and Rodgers and the passing attack may pay the ultimate price.

I"m not sure Tausch ever gave up two sacks in an entire season, let alone one game. It certainly doesn't bode well and to brush it off to inexperience - I don't know, but it seems unwise at best. It took Colledge 3 years to become consistent. Isn't it better business to let the guys that take much longer to develop, develop while playing as a part-time-player, or something similar? What happens if we lose a winnable playoff game as a result? Remember the Giants NFC CG when Colledge was partly responsible for 27 yards total rushing for Green Bay?

We've seen last week that our running game is going to be hit or miss once again. The new wrinkle we hadn't had to worry about before was the pass protection, which has been generally solid the past few years. Imagine a playoff game against Chicago or Minnesota or a similar team that can stop our rushing attack AND then you throw in poor pass protection on top of it all?

I hope TT and Mac don't leave "well enough" alone.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Bill Parcels once said, "What, you want me to dial 1-800- Need a QB". Its not that easy with lineman either. I agree if that lineman does exist do it, like you said we are already into the season so the chances of finding a lneman to fit our system is slim.:)

So, does that mean you sit back idly and twiddle yer thumbs, throw up your arms and say, "It can't be done!"???

What bothers me the most is that if you watched Barbre against Chicago, he was clearly overmatched and worse, didn't seem to be able to adjust. He continued to get burned in the same fashion. So, how could this possibly have gone unnoticed over the course of this past summer? I don't believe it did. I think TT knew it could be an issue, but he's gonna do it his way. Sometimes, this rationale works and sometimes it does not.

Personally, I can't understand why TT scrimps on O-lineman and bets the farm (and failed miserably on Harrell) on DT's. If stopping the run is paramount to success, isn't running the ball and protecting the QB equally as important, if not more so when you take a potential for injury to your QB???

If we come up short again this season, O-line better be one of the top priorities in 2010. And, often I've heard the argument that teams can get quality O-lineman in rounds 4-7, yet TT has been attempting to do this for 5 years and still hasn't hit pay dirt. I think this is a reasonable argument that I am making.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, does that mean you sit back idly and twiddle yer thumbs, throw up your arms and say, "It can't be done!"???

What bothers me the most is that if you watched Barbre against Chicago, he was clearly overmatched and worse, didn't seem to be able to adjust. He continued to get burned in the same fashion. So, how could this possibly have gone unnoticed over the course of this past summer? I don't believe it did. I think TT knew it could be an issue, but he's gonna do it his way. Sometimes, this rationale works and sometimes it does not.

Personally, I can't understand why TT scrimps on O-lineman and bets the farm (and failed miserably on Harrell) on DT's. If stopping the run is paramount to success, isn't running the ball and protecting the QB equally as important, if not more so when you take a potential for injury to your QB???

If we come up short again this season, O-line better be one of the top priorities in 2010. And, often I've heard the argument that teams can get quality O-lineman in rounds 4-7, yet TT has been attempting to do this for 5 years and still hasn't hit pay dirt. I think this is a reasonable argument that I am making.
I totally agree about the OL. It has been TT's greatest failure, and he should've adressed it better. The line is NOT as bad as it was against Chicago, but it's not a great line either. Good at best.

But 2 observations:

The Giants OL was full of no names before they won the SB, and now they're considered the best OL in football. O'Hara: Undrafted. Seubert: Undrafted. Snee: 2nd rounder. Diehl: 5th rounder. McKenzie: 3rd rounder. Seems to me the same aproach TT used. But they have been playing together for some years consistently, now. Again, I don't believe we have the same kind of talent, but give them some rythm and we'll see a great team, this year.

TT hasn't failed in drafting DTs... We might have the best DL since the SB team... Harrell, ok. But Jolly is Thompson's find. Pickett. Jenkins was only put on the team during TT's tenure (He was in here before, but was a backup of KGB.). Raji seems like a beast, from what I've seen. I'll agree that he didn't adress the line last year as he should, after losing Williams and Jenkins going down.

Like Sterling Sharpe said, it's week 1! And we played our biggest rival on a national game.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just in TT looking at more recievers and QBs for the practice squad. At first you might say what the ***k. But it makes sense in regards to our o-line issues. TT knows that he will have to spend the money (free agents) and draft picks on the o-line next year.

In regards to comments on our defensive line, we have a wonderfull defensive front. Do you realize that we had 2 FIRST round draft picks not wearing pads for the bears game and look what that D-line did!!!

Mr. Hauschild do you have ideas or players in mind to solve the o-line problem?

If Tauscher has recovered and is in shape to finish out the season and playoff run then its a nobrainer, sign him. I don't think he will be ready to go till the 7th or 8th game. If we bring him in too soon and he is not ready he will hurt himself again and we will be back where we are today.

In think Barbe will get his act together and in a few weeks this wil be long forgotten.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard after the game that the bears introduced a new defensive scheme Sunday night that the Packers have never seen them implement before. I'm thinking this plus Barbre's horrid play contributed to the offensive struggles. The Bungles' D is pretty good but I doubt theirs is as good as Chicago's.