Mario is overrated

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks Jeezus:

That have been said before and it is the main reason why I wont take Mario...

I´d better go with Hawk or Vernon, but who knows what is going in TT´s mind !!!

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i agree i think Vernon would be a dumb pick even if he is the best available because we signed franks to like a 7 yr deal or w/e not long ago so we have out TE for the future.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A TE that can run as fast as most WRs and change the game similar to Gates in San Diego... He may not be a need, but when looking at getting the best player available he's definitely a part of the equation.

If there's 1 player at #5 who could change Favre's mind about retiring, it would be Davis. Just think about having receiving weapons of Driver, Gardner, Walker (hopefully), Franks and Davis all lined up... Now that's a scary thought for any defense!

TT has already stated that the draft is about the best player available, not about filling holes. He said that in context of whether or not he'd draft a QB at #5, but that definitely translates for a TE of Davis's caliper. I think TT's analogy is perfect -- even if you have a team full of guards/forwards and need a big man, you still draft Michael Jordan.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
TT has already stated that the draft is about the best player available, not about filling holes.

I think the first pick should probably be the best player available.. but if you don't fill any holes throughout the whole draft, you're an idiot.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be tough to pass on Hawk---

I think he's been forgotten about a bit. Slipping for little or no reason...Just a feeling.

Gotta admit, a two tight-end set with Franks and Vernon.

Harkin back to the old days and then some.

Prob not the best thing we can do...But certainly brings a smile.

Members online

Latest posts