Manuel Wright

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spaulding said:
his bio was posted earlier. If the Pack doesn't draft him someone else will. Why not improve the weakest link. Was anybody happy with our pass rush last year?
Agreed - Everybody wants to be the next Rex Reed - Amazing, to say the least.
For some the cup is "always" half-empty - I'm the opposite - it's always half-full and appreciative of the fact, to boot.

I see no reason - especially since "someone 'will' draft this guy" and he will most likely have a pretty damn good season, all in all. If he's considered a project? So what... I gather from what I've read - that it's a small project at the most. Even the best out there from the BIG-est Colleges with the heavier Schedules can, and have, ended up hurt a lot earlier than anyone would have thunk it. Stats abound with that nonsense. The NFL is like any other Sport - you take your chances....

Heck, Brett Favre "was a PROJECT" - let's not forget that situation, either.
Even Brett admits that without Mike Holmgren, he may have never gotten a handle on being a better QB....

Very few Players have an immediate impact - Brett's was only partial and if Majik Man had been less injured, than he was... Brett may have found himself sittin' down all over again, most likely as December rolled around that year...! That is, after all, the mainstay protocol on just about ALL Teams. Brett faltered not too long after he took over anyway, remember? Mikey wanted to bench him in the worst way with the way he was playing at that time. Another good example would be Joey Harrington in Detroit. Even da Mooch stays within the regular protocol... imagine that.

I'd say I agree with your premise - but not totally and the above reasonings state why! I'm not ready to drink the Kool-Aid just yet as far as how you spell it out.

I see NO reason whatsoever why GB should not try and get more depth on Defense - None at all. The idea is to balance Brett's ability to stay out there on the field. You all know that!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more opinion on Wright for what it's worth:

Wright's ceiling is high and it might take a second-round pick to land him..

"I think he's going in the third or fourth round, myself," director of college scouting John Dorsey said. "I think second's insane. I don't see it myself."

OP
OP
S

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we could get him for a 3-4 type of pick. Let's just remember Wahle was a 2nd round pick in the SD--from Navy. It could happen.

FROM JSONLINE

"Could the price be Wright? It's no secret Green Bay would like to improve its talent and depth along the defensive line. That's why the Packers are thought to be highly interested in University of Southern California defensive tackle Manuel Wright, who declared for the supplemental draft July 10.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound Wright played two years at USC and sat behind All-Americans Mike Patterson and Shaun Cody. Big things were expected from Wright in 2005, but he couldn't remain academically eligible and left school early.

Despite starting just two games as a sophomore, Wright was an honorable-mention all-Pacific 10 pick with 23 tackles and two sacks. Wright then had an enormous Rose Bowl, recording 2

Staff online

Members online