Manuel next??

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT made a bold move by cuttin Carroll without having a solid replacement ready, but that is TT's MO.

Now if TT is ready to make a real statement, then Manuel should be the next on the chopping block. He has been the biggest failure on defense this year, not Carroll. At least in this case we have some young talent with Culver. Manuel may have the skills to be a LB, but he's just not effective at safety.

Heck, Manuel's best play this year was his TD return on Carroll's tipped pass against Detroit. But no pointed out that Manuel was out of position on that play. As the safety, he needed to be over the top of the WR to backup the CB. Had Carroll missed the tip, then both Manuel and him would have been watching the WR run for a big gain.

Of course this move won't happen because it would require TT to admit that he made a big mistake in giving the big contract and then cutting Roman. No, it's much easier to cut Carroll because that leaves the blame on Sherman for drafting him in the first place.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way a defense of Carroll, who played himself out of a job with terrible inconsistency. I'm merely pointing out a bigger problem with our defense, which is only having one safety.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh Bobby, you don't understand.

TT brought Manuel in. He won't cut him.

Sherman's players he cuts like old cheese.

It's all part of his "master plan", you see.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just wondering who THE NEW WHIPPING BOY is going to be now that Carroll is gone?

Who can all the TT lovers blame when the Packers lose?

Not many guys left from the winning Packer teams on the roster.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah guys, Sherman didn't win with any Wolf's players right? Look up and down Sherman's drafts and free agent signings and see how many play for the Packers or any other NFL team for that matter.

To Sherm's credit we have Barnett, Kampmann, Al Harris; but I realize from reading some of your posts lately that they will all be gone because TT hates Sherman and is wiping every evidence of him away. Keep up the conspiracy stuff - it's entertaining reading.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Yeah guys, Sherman didn't win with any Wolf's players right? Look up and down Sherman's drafts and free agent signings and see how many play for the Packers or any other NFL team for that matter.

To Sherm's credit we have Barnett, Kampmann, Al Harris; but I realize from reading some of your posts lately that they will all be gone because TT hates Sherman and is wiping every evidence of him away. Keep up the conspiracy stuff - it's entertaining reading.

Evidence how a THREAD turns into a Sherman Vs TT thing!

Let me ask you this again since no one answered this yesterday. What is the difference between the 2004 Packers and the 2006 Packers? Please just reply to this question and not on weak schedules and Shermans draft record.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Let me ask you this again since no one answered this yesterday. What is the difference between the 2004 Packers and the 2006 Packers? Please just reply to this question and not on weak schedules and Shermans draft record.

Javon Walker and Mike Wahle are the two most important differences.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

Evidence how a THREAD turns into a Sherman Vs TT thing!

On D Nothing - we have the same incompetent boob running the secondary, no pass rush without a blitz (which really ****** me off with the amount of $$ tied up in D-line). The difference is that it appears Al doesn't care anymore. I do think our linebackers as a group is better, but we may not have the right combination on the field.

On O, we are no where as efficient. The 04 offense was still pretty stellar, although the U71 package was not working as well.

My post Pyle was to let you TT rippers know how ridiculous you sometimes sound when you think a GM has a personal vendetta against someone. It was not meant to attack Sherman. I have put that to rest.

This team has a lot of work ahead of it. I liked the Manuel signing, but boy was I wrong on that. He deserves to be benched because he isn't quick enough to cover or run support. Collins is not playing well either, but it all starts with the pass rush from the front four. The D-line is not getting it done when they face a good O-line.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dakota T said:
My post Pyle was to let you TT rippers know how ridiculous you sometimes sound when you think a GM has a personal vendetta against someone. It was not meant to attack Sherman. I have put that to rest.

Less of a personal vendetta against the prior GM, and more of a fetish for having his "own people" on staff.

It's a control thing.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll has been a problem, there's no question about that. Cutting him seems to be very extreme, but Monday night's performance requires extreme action.

Enough talk about Carroll though. Manuel is the one who has hurt our defense the most this season. That has made our other DBs appear worse than they are. This defense requires solid support from the safeties and right now we're only getting that from one. This puts more pressure on everyone in pass coverage, which of course means each little mistake becomes exposed. It is not Harris loosing focus or Collins not playing well or Woodson not working hard. It is lack of safety support Manuel that is killing us.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Dakota T said:

Less of a personal vendetta against the prior GM, and more of a fetish for having his "own people" on staff.

It's a control thing.

Very well! Now that is a reasonable post Majikman, thank you! Name a person in upper management around this country that isn't a control freak. It goes with the job. How Parcells coaches in Dallas without ulsers and heart attacks blows me away!

For the record boys, I do think Uncle Ted is making mistakes. I expected this defense to be decent and am really disappointed. However, I don't think the man is maliciously sabotaging the Packers either as some posters believe. I think that line of thinking takes things a little too far.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:

Kinda like Cory Rodgers, right? You guys really dont think before you post, and it shows.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wouldn't have cut him if the ******* could catch a football.

He gave him every friggin' opportunity and kept him 'til the last minute, until he became an embarassment.

Like someone else I could mention....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
majikman said:

Kinda like Cory Rodgers, right? You guys really dont think before you post, and it shows.

Here we go....the over/under is 10 pm tonight.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
majikman said:

Here we go....the over/under is 10 pm tonight.

good bait job, and off topic post. Me and Majik were discussing Manuel, you see. Please, I invite you to join the discussion.

Majik, you say he cut him at the 'lasy second?' Most GMs keep their picks for YEARS(like sherman..) hoping they pan out. TT at least has the balls to see some of his own picks are bad and cuts ties with them and moves on to try and improve the team(instead of stroking an ego).

Manuel, is very disappointing so far. I hope he is either replaced, or he just gets better(like I hoped for carroll).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, I came onto this thread to discuss Manuel, and its apparent nobody wants to.

good bait posts though, much appreciated.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I guess if you came in here to talk about Manual, judging by your first post you FAILED!

I don't see Manuals name anywhere in there. You came on here to bait people like normal. PROOF POSITIVE!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to the argument that TT wont cut ties with MARQUAND MANUEL cuz tt picked MARQUAND MANUEL up in free agency. I was pointing out that TT brought in cory rodgers and cut HIM, so there is no reason to believe tt won't cut MARQUAND MANUEL just cuz TT brought in MARQUAND MANUEL.

Do I have to name him multiple times or something?

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:

Javon Walker and Mike Wahle are the two most important differences.

Would you guys like to trade for Wahle? Maybe I was overly excited about him coming in when we signed him, but he hasn't lived up to my (or many Panther fans) expectations. Again, maybe I/we expected too much of him or something.

This past Sunday he missed the better part of the game (all but the first series or two) and was replaced by a rookie, Will Montgomery. For what it's worth, our offensive line (with LT Wharton gone on IR, LG Wahle out ill, C Hartwig out with a groin pull, and RT Gross playing LT for Wharton) actually looked very good. We ran for 160+ yards and gave up a single sack on a LB blitz that was missed by the RB.

In their place, Gross started at LT, rookie Montgomery at LG, second year man Geoff Hangartner a C, second year man Evan Mathis at RG, and newly signed guy Jeremy Bridges at RT - a cast off from AZ that was sitting at home watching games on TV in week one.

Wahle has been very average in his year plus in Carolina. And his pro-bowl election had a lot to do with his signing bonus, hype, and fan base of two teams last season.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I was referring to the argument that TT wont cut ties with MARQUAND MANUEL cuz tt picked MARQUAND MANUEL up in free agency. I was pointing out that TT brought in cory rodgers and cut HIM, so there is no reason to believe tt won't cut MARQUAND MANUEL just cuz TT brought in MARQUAND MANUEL.

Do I have to name him multiple times or something?

Good point about TT cutting ties with draft picks. He also cut loose most of the offseason FA pickups from last year. Klemm remains, but on IR.

Still, I don't think a 4th round pick of Rogers is equivalent to the signing of Manuel. He obviously gave Manuel a very nice contract based on his past performance. Then he put his neck out a little further and cut Roman -- not a great player, but solid. The reason for cutting Roman was the development of Underwood and that backfired with the season ending injury. Still, the assumption was made that Manuel is better than Roman and that hasn't proved to be the case thusfar.

Because of all that, I think it's more difficult for TT to cut Manuel than it was to cut Rogers.

Members online

No members online now.