Manning can't cut it in Bretts World

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last nights game against the Chargers gave the world a little glimpse at how the career of Peyton Manning would look if he had played is career in Brett Favre's shoes. In just one game without probowlers and future hall of famers surrounding him Manning looked awful. It makes you wonder what mannings stats would look like if he had played in green bay, and had recievers like robert brooks, bill shroder(i don't know how to speel it), and others of so so caliber who Brett made look better than they were.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
magic_8ball said:
Last nights game against the Chargers gave the world a little glimpse at how the career of Peyton Manning would look if he had played is career in Brett Favre's shoes. In just one game without probowlers and future hall of famers surrounding him Manning looked awful. It makes you wonder what mannings stats would look like if he had played in green bay, and had recievers like robert brooks, bill shroder(i don't know how to speel it), and others of so so caliber who Brett made look better than they were.

While I think last night was a comparison of Brett to like the 05' season is correct, last night in SD was brutal.. they ran out of Offensive tackles and were down to playing a guy activated from the practice squad Friday and a kid that never took a snap in an NFL game.

But overall correct.. amazing how the QB pays for the players around him.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robert Brooks was a pretty good reciever, Schroeder on the other hand, was only as good as Brett made him.

This is a good question, one that can only be speculated on, but if Indy doesn't get a few guys healthy in the next couple of weeks, we may have a better idea.

The stats for yesterdays(Packer)game are posted in another thread, it is amazing to look at them and see how Brett kept everyone involved.
With K-rob coming back, I was a little worried one of the young guys would disappear, but that wasn't the case.

I loved Ruvell Martins reaction after catching the deflected ball, it was like did this really just happen.

I am going to send a special kudos to DD, when was the last time he has caught a TD pass?
Other receivers in this league with less class would be whining and crying about not getting the ball enough.
DD is a class act and it looks like he is teaching the young guys how to be the same.

Peyton Manning is a good one but he has had the advantage of a much better supporting cast, untill now, I will take our WR's over Indy's as a group and hopefully mor of the same will be seen from R. Grant for the rest of the year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying this for awhile and got shot down each time.

Now we finally see an example of what happens when P Manning doesn't have the supporting cast. He throws 6 INTs. 6!

Favre has played through injury after injuries. That game when we got knocked out against Atlanta in the Playoffs, everyone and their grandma was injured. Also, I've never seen injuries like 2005. Ever. #1, #2, #3 RB out for the season. #1, #3, #4 WR out for the season.

If P Manning had to go through 2005, he'd be a shell of what he is statistically. Plus, keep in mind, his whole career he's had an OL. Favre hasn't had that luxury.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the media will be giving Peyton a "pass" on his last performance.

I can't stand that guy. I actually prefer the arrogance of pretty boy Tom Brady.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I can't stand that guy. I actually prefer the arrogance of pretty boy Tom Brady.

Go check out Peter Kings MMQB.. He gave Peyton the "free pass" already...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett did throw like 6 interceptions in a dome against the Rams when we were 12-4. Judging anyone on one game is stretching it a bit in my opinion.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

Go check out Peter Kings MMQB.. He gave Peyton the "free pass" already...

Beat me to it Pack93 - here's King's "MVP Watch"

1. Tom Brady, QB, New England. Not sure, but I believe Brady threw for three touchdowns on the Patriots' bye week.

2. Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay. In the last three weeks, he's thrown bombs to beat Denver and Kansas City on the road late, and Sunday against the Vikes, he completed 33 of 46 (including three underhand passes to backs) for 351 yards, three touchdowns and no picks. This guy's not getting older, he's getting better.

3. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. Doesn't he deserve a mulligan, after all his great games? I moved Favre ahead of him because Favre's done more with less over the first 10 weeks of the season.

4. Randy Moss, WR, New England. Moss' two seasons in Oakland: 11 touchdowns. Moss' half-season in New England: 12 touchdowns.

5. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh. In the span of seven days, he's accounted for eight touchdowns -- seven through the air and one on the ground -- while playing absolutely huge in pennant-deciding games.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett did throw like 6 interceptions in a dome against the Rams when we were 12-4. Judging anyone on one game is stretching it a bit in my opinion.

Agreed. However, he was without Harrison for 2 games in his life. Both games he looked unimpressive.

Look at how many games in Brett's career he's been without his #1 WR. We won the SB without our #1 WR.

To top it off, Manning still has his OL. Brett has had a wide range of OLs, some really good, some really bad.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"3. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. Doesn't he deserve a mulligan, after all his great games? I moved Favre ahead of him because Favre's done more with less over the first 10 weeks of the season."

Favre's done more with less over 15 seasons now...10 weeks of one season , my ***!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning is a different quarterback when he goes into a huddle.

You gotta note that injury to Tony Ugo though, his blind side tackle.

You can't blame him for throwing to a bunch of white guys who can't catch.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish you would not have reminded me of that game. But I agree.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guys like Schroeder and Beebe, right?

Favre lost both his tackles in one season.

I cut Manning no slack.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HEY! Knock it off! No playing the "race card"!!! Who do you think you are??? Donovan McNabb!?!?!
(J/K!!!) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Besides.....you forgot the word "SLOW" white guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how after one game, everyone is ready to call Manning a hack. Manning is a great quarterback, who, like Favre, has made some average receivers great. If you watched last nights game, you would have Reggie Wayne make some very questionable plays. Brandon Stokely? No one will remember him, but he thrived with Manning.

Manning may not be better than Brett, but he is certainly a good quarterback.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not really all that sure about that. I love Brett and I personally think that he is the best QB to ever play the game. But I have watched manning and I have been extreemly impressed with his pin point accuracy on his throws. I think that he would still have very impressive numbers even without the star recievers around him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Guys like Schroeder and Beebe, right?

Favre lost both his tackles in one season.

I cut Manning no slack.

You beat me to it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how after one game, everyone is ready to call Manning a hack. Manning is a great quarterback, who, like Favre, has made some average receivers great. If you watched last nights game, you would have Reggie Wayne make some very questionable plays. Brandon Stokely? No one will remember him, but he thrived with Manning.

Manning may not be better than Brett, but he is certainly a good quarterback.

We're not saying he's not a good QB. Heck, I'll call him a great QB and a Hall of Famer, but he's no Brett Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pouring rain MIGHT have had an effect on some of them..but the few I did see S/D defense made outstanding plays on them

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pouring rain MIGHT have had an effect on some of them..but the few I did see S/D defense made outstanding plays on them

That's part of the game.
Rain, snow, never bothered Mr. Favre none.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

That's part of the game.

Where did Brett play when he tossed 6 ints, and what was the weather?

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find most dome/warm weather quarterbacks are a tad overrated. Battling the elements and still making the plays is what I find makes a QB great. That is why I rank Elway and Brett over Marino and Montana who had much easier playing conditions in their careers.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
longtimefan said:

That's part of the game.

in a dome against the rams in 2002 i believe

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Zombieslayer said:
longtimefan said:

That's part of the game.

in a dome against the rams in 2002 i believe

and would weather play a part in that game ( that WAS my point)

Members online

Latest posts