Madden 11 Ryan Grant is a BEAST!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my Madden game, I just can't run with Grant. He's just too slow, and the inside of the Packers' OL is awful. They lose to the DT immediately (I mean, immediately. The ball is snapped, and they're there). I can run sometimes, for 5 or 6 yard gains, when I put the OL to play aggressively.

Rodgers, on the other hand, is a beast. So are Jennings, Finley and DD.

The OLBs, like always, just can't get any sacks. It's bizarre. This game is not made to be played with a 3-4 team...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my Madden game, I just can't run with Grant. He's just too slow, and the inside of the Packers' OL is awful. They lose to the DT immediately (I mean, immediately. The ball is snapped, and they're there). I can run sometimes, for 5 or 6 yard gains, when I put the OL to play aggressively.

Rodgers, on the other hand, is a beast. So are Jennings, Finley and DD.

The OLBs, like always, just can't get any sacks. It's bizarre. This game is not made to be played with a 3-4 team...
Running just doesnt work well period in Madden. It's all about passing.

Reaction score
I dont know about you im pretty good with grant I usally get 4 yards with him a carry simply because he usually always falls forward. once and a while he will make some sick runs where he is running over every one and get like 40-50 yards. All you have to do is break the 1st level with linebackers and d linemen

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about you im pretty good with grant I usally get 4 yards with him a carry simply because he usually always falls forward. once and a while he will make some sick runs where he is running over every one and get like 40-50 yards. All you have to do is break the 1st level with linebackers and d linemen
You play in which difficulty? Or do you use sliders? And what's the game speed and threshold?

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They made massive improvements to the run game this season. Eliminating the sprint button and improving the other real moves helps a lot.
I didnt notice it all playing the demo but I just know that in years past running between the tackles just does not work how it is supposed to. Really looking forward to picking it up next week.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I can't seem to run for gains longer than 25 to 30 yards with Grant. Always gets caught.

Game is so realistic, because that's exactly what happens in real life.

Reaction score
You play in which difficulty? Or do you use sliders? And what's the game speed and threshold?

I play all online ranked games, otherwise i usually play all pro. No adjusting with the sliders the game speed is all the same. To get good runs you really have to read the holes good and the linebackers. you dont always have to follow the play design. sometimes you can get a good run off a good cutback lane.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I play with custom difficulty

Pass: 13
Run: 10
Pass Defense: 9
Run Defense: 11

Makes it so passing is somewhere between All-Pro and All-Madden difficulty, running is on All-Pro, pass defense is slightly below All-Pro, and run D is slightly above All-Pro.

C

cvg_crazy

Running just doesnt work well period in Madden. It's all about passing.

oh running can work in madden, you just have to practice alot lol i've racked up 150yd games and my highest i believe is a 289yds, that was against the Chargers. Grant is a beast in Madden if you know how to use him.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is thought that you can put up big yards on the ground but you get twice the yards through the air and more touchdowns.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the base roster, playing with the Packers, I can't run.
The NT always shoots through the interior, and gets to the RB before he even touches the ball.
Strange thing is, it's only with me. I adapt the run blocking sliders so that this doesn't happen, but I'm having a hard time to find the fine line between not being stuffed for loss or no gain in EVERY SINGLE play and getting 6-7 yards...

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eliminating the sprint button has made it easier for me to spin, stiff arm and hurdle. Some of the blocking by the AI is still flaky however. I coulda had a 60 yd td pass to Driver last night i even slowed to let Jermichael have time to make the block... And he didnt lol

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of videos on Youtube of how broken the blocking has been in previous maddens.

Members online

Latest posts